On Fox News: 'Have male bashing ads gone too far?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeMfFzF4SS8

Pay key attention to the comments and attitudes displayed by the male host and the female contributor

The bottom line is this, as a man, you better create your own world, do not let society create your world

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that same dude has videos all over youtube with him on some news show arguing with a woman regarding some "poor male" issue.

Dude is just on the talk show circuit promoting his book or whatever.

Like they said in the godfather, "it's just business."

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I think man bashing has gone too far. Well, I can't add too much to this you heard the guy on the video. A lot of commercials shown show men as idiots and aggressors.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jafyk said:
A lot of commercials shown show men as idiots and aggressors.
THis is to pander to women's cherished delusion that they are the competent one in relationships . This marketing tactic works by applauding women's imaginary skills and thereby encouraging women to make unilateral buying decisions .

By portraying men as bumbling fools, she is further subtly encouraged to eliminate him in the decision making process. Men ask logical questions after all, and that is problematic for marketers. Women choose from their emotions.

With men all but eliminated from the demand side of the equation, women are then free to be manipulated .

Cunning stuff ..

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm... Interesting thank you for this piece of information. I didn't know this is what is going on. So, you are telling me those beers commercials like the one about the guy getting pushed out of the car is to get women to drink beer? Anyway, all the same whatever the marketers' reasoning it's just pathetic to watch. I think this also goes past marketing. Have you heard certain couples...where the man basically acknowledges the woman as being the brains.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't check out the video at the moment, but it sounds like Marc Rudov. He gives it to them straight and doesn't pull punches.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
Can't check out the video at the moment, but it sounds like Marc Rudov. He gives it to them straight and doesn't pull punches.
Yah its Marc Rudov. Does he seem a little suspect to anyone else though? Something about him is just not right.

I watched this video and a few others. And really he makes good points,but he's not going to change the minds of feminist out there. The males who still want in with feminist women will not openly cosign his opinions or views (seriously on all of the videos every male on there distances himself from Rudov and bashes him). He's a foil that serves several purposes. He reaffirms the beliefs of feminist who watch FOX by having women and men shame him and shout him down. If you want to hear pure shaming languange and pvssy begging (especially from Nick Cavuto) watch a bunch of those clips.

The problem for them is that for the most part he actually makes sense. But nobody wants to hear it. Kinda like me telling my black friends that they are really conservatives by their actions and lifestyles and voting liberal is voting against their interest. It's true, but they don't want to hear it because they have drank the koolaid that conservative = republican = racist. You can't undo faulty programming. All you can do is say it loud enough that others who may be receptive hear you, while avoiding the traps your enemies place before you. He does a fair job of avoiding traps. Good post. Interesting videos.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally don't mind when men are portrayed as idiots on tv. Because then when you, as a man, do anything even slightly above average for a woman, like install a shelf or something, you're considered extraordinary. And when you ʞɔnɟ up, the woman just thinks, "typical male."

I like to have expectations set as low as possible, so I can meet or exceed them without having to work too hard. I'm not being facetious, I'm totally serious.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I personally don't mind when men are portrayed as idiots on tv. Because then when you, as a man, do anything even slightly above average for a woman, like install a shelf or something, you're considered extraordinary. And when you ʞɔnɟ up, the woman just thinks, "typical male."

I like to have expectations set as low as possible, so I can meet or exceed them without having to work too hard. I'm not being facetious, I'm totally serious.
I see your point but keep in mind that men are portraied not only as idiots but also as dangerous,and stupid laws that affect you too are made accordingly.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:

Quite the opposite. When men are portrayed as idiots, girls then establish the generalized belief of: 'men are idiots.'

Thus when you exceed her expectations of you, what you did will NOT be deemed as an extraordinary feat, but rather as a "one-off." Think cognitive dissonance.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Z--

I dunno....

This seems like the deal average lookin chicks pull...

Surrounding themselves with ugs and fatties so that they shine above their group....

I look at it differently...

Not so much how it affects me personally because for the most part it doesn't touch me...

I look at what it's doing to young men and boys who may be internalizing the message and forming it into their identity.....

I would hate to see the next generation of men accomplishing less and taken advantage of more because of the current pussification or de-masculation message our culture seems to be embracing.....

Again in a land of freedom and equallity why is it ok for men to be less equil...????...

I don't think being a man is sucking it up and taking it....

I think being a man involves standing up for what is true right and fair....

Even if it has consequences....

Over and Out.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marketing influences the views of society, but it is also a reflection of society's views. Those commercials, some of which cost millions to make, wouldn't be made if they didn't resonate with the target audience.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was married, I would be perfectly fine with seeing these commercials--- and might even get a chuckle from some of them--because I know that, at the end of the day, I will be making the major decisions, financial and otherwise, for my family.

Political correctness is ridiculous; a commercial isn't going to sabotage your relationship. Even if women believed that all men were bumbling idiots, biological differences would STILL win out, and men would still be "in charge," so to speak.

Marc Rudov comes off as a sexually frustrated whiner--sure, we all know there's a double standard when it comes to gender portrayal, but let's not forget that this whole thing started because some people were oversensitive about the way women were portrayed. An eye for an eye is not the right approach here.

The confident response is to just laugh it off.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
The confident response is to just laugh it off.
The confident response is to just laugh it off, and then take action on your own to rectify this.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
think of it this way. not so much women are laughing so much at how pathetic men are, but are more mocking that there are no more real men.

maybe, the woman isn't tossing him out the car because she is a woman and he is a man, maybe all of this is just to simply mock that hey, there are no ****ing men out there anymore, and we refuse to accept these pathetic excuses for men, as men, and treat them as men, when they are not.

There is a commercial that i really don't' like, its' kinda old. there is this woman eating some cereal that is low fat, but she's eating it becuase it taste good, and the guy comments on the cereral and says are you trying to lose weight, and she says do i look like i need to lose weight, and then she says read the box and he says "i'm a stupid idiot" or some **** like that, and she smiles and the commercial is over.

the thing is, is she really saying men are stupid idiots, as much as she is saying, i wish i could have done better than you you ****ing idiot.

Let's say she was home alone, and the guy that cuts the yard came over and he's ripped to the core and she is always dreaming about him and ****, and he makes the same comment to him about are you trying to lose weight, i sincerely doubt she would have made the same comment.

my point is, i don't think women mock men in commercials as much as they are just stressing how unsatisfied they are with most men. now, why they are unsatisfied, that's another post.

women have the same problem as men if you really sit down and think about it. you know once you get past the **** **** goose stage of dating, and you half ass try to settle down, or even entertain the though you realize it's slim pickins, even if you do have the pick fo the littler, usually there is something to be desired, the class of women is going down. you think women dont' have the same problem?

yes there are some, as in a few high class men who have tyheir **** together, but they are dating the women who equally have tehir **** together, which includes not having to tell your fat ass that you need to lose weight.

basically in a nutshell you have a bunch of leftover people, complaining about the issues of other left over people.

I notice this with people who settle in their early 40's, my assistant did it, and my mom did it and my Dad dit it to some extent. They will marry someone who they think that is the best they can do, and because they have no real recourse, they just gripe and complain and mock. what they are really saying imho is that hey, this is the best i can do, it freaking sucks because this person is not the man/woman i want to be

if you notice, the guy is 100% of the time asexual. he's not even a man, its' like, he's just not a woman lol. that's is the sterotypical "man". it's like they aren't saying these are omen, they are saying these are the men i always end up with if that makes sense.

i think it's all pent up sexual fustration

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
think of it this way. not so much women are laughing so much at how pathetic men are, but are more mocking that there are no more real men.

maybe, the woman isn't tossing him out the car because she is a woman and he is a man, maybe all of this is just to simply mock that hey, there are no ****ing men out there anymore, and we refuse to accept these pathetic excuses for men, as men, and treat them as men, when they are not.

There is a commercial that i really don't' like, its' kinda old. there is this woman eating some cereal that is low fat, but she's eating it becuase it taste good, and the guy comments on the cereral and says are you trying to lose weight, and she says do i look like i need to lose weight, and then she says read the box and he says "i'm a stupid idiot" or some **** like that, and she smiles and the commercial is over.

the thing is, is she really saying men are stupid idiots, as much as she is saying, i wish i could have done better than you you ****ing idiot.

Let's say she was home alone, and the guy that cuts the yard came over and he's ripped to the core and she is always dreaming about him and ****, and he makes the same comment to him about are you trying to lose weight, i sincerely doubt she would have made the same comment.

my point is, i don't think women mock men in commercials as much as they are just stressing how unsatisfied they are with most men. now, why they are unsatisfied, that's another post.

women have the same problem as men if you really sit down and think about it. you know once you get past the **** **** goose stage of dating, and you half ass try to settle down, or even entertain the though you realize it's slim pickins, even if you do have the pick fo the littler, usually there is something to be desired, the class of women is going down. you think women dont' have the same problem?

yes there are some, as in a few high class men who have tyheir **** together, but they are dating the women who equally have tehir **** together, which includes not having to tell your fat ass that you need to lose weight.

basically in a nutshell you have a bunch of leftover people, complaining about the issues of other left over people.

I notice this with people who settle in their early 40's, my assistant did it, and my mom did it and my Dad dit it to some extent. They will marry someone who they think that is the best they can do, and because they have no real recourse, they just gripe and complain and mock. what they are really saying imho is that hey, this is the best i can do, it freaking sucks because this person is not the man/woman i want to be

if you notice, the guy is 100% of the time asexual. he's not even a man, its' like, he's just not a woman lol. that's is the sterotypical "man". it's like they aren't saying these are omen, they are saying these are the men i always end up with if that makes sense.

i think it's all pent up sexual fustration

A man who can't tell a woman is settling for him, deserves to be mocked.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
if you notice, the guy is 100% of the time asexual. he's not even a man, its' like, he's just not a woman lol.
Perhaps we need to invent a snappy word or a phrase descriptor for this 'third gender'.
How about "Midan"... sort of midway between a man and a woman.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
A man who can't tell a woman is settling for him, deserves to be mocked.
everybody settles for everybody.

all women wish their man were more wealthy and more powerful.

All men wish their women were younger and slimmer.

All girls want a rich, powerful man. All men want a young, voluptuous slim, woman.

Most guys ain't rich, and most women ain't young and beautiful.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a long time liquor industry insider I can tell you unequivocally that the beer industry is actively making effort to recruit women beer drinkers:

http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/23/women-make-better-beer-tasters-than-men/

Watch this video from that perspective and you can see the pandering that's at the root of this push. The message is this, beer has always been men's domain, but in actuality it's women who know beer better than men. Once again, even in their own element, men are stupid, discriminating exclusivists and women can show them better or correct their innate, uniquely male flaws.

Now, compare and contrast that to the recent Corona beer commercials with a feminine-centric push to entice female beer drinkers. In fact I'm kind of surprised it's taken marketers this long to at least overtly acknowledge that the majority of male-specific products are purchased by women for men. They've known this for decades now, but only recently has it been acceptable to press it as a marketing tool. Now that the social veneer is off, advertisers are comfortable in overtly ridiculing men, safe in the knowledge that it's women who are the primary consumers even of men's products. So long as the message panders to the sense of female superiority, who cares what men think?

Need confirmation of this? Look no further than the very clever new Old Spice commercials. Very clever, very humorous, but now imagine a sexy, bikini model woman in place of the guy in this commercial saying, "look at your woman, now look at me, does she look like me? sadly no, but could she smell like me? yes,.." Imagine a guy sitting next to his fat GF or wife when something like that came on TV. Imagine the feminine uproar for such an insensitive, sexist ad. There'd be riots in front of the ad agency's offices.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to humor and satire in today's politically correct satire it is generally the positions of power who are most openly mocked. Rich people, white people, and men. I see men portrayed as goofs and I remember that it is mostly men who produce these commercials, film these commercials, edit these commercials, and make money from the products sold from these commercials. So if we're made to appear like goofs once in awhile it's in the grand tradtion of vaudeville and the cakewalk where people are mocking powerful and I roll with the punches like only a middle-class white male can.

Status
Not open for further replies.