OMG....I can't resist...she's marrying a 23 yr old virgin!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last weekend a female friend of mine came to town to visit. We have had sex in the past, and come to find out she has/had more feelings for me than I ever realized.

So I was surprised to find out that she is engaged to a guy who lives overseas who; she has only known for about 6 months, 23 years old, and a VIRGIN!

I was talking to my buddy about this who knows her as well. He basically told her she's fukking NUTS.

I was a little more gentle with my opinions, although I made it known that I thought pretty much the same thing.

So this chick is 21 years old, marrying a 23 yr old guy who was a VIRGIN when they met, and considering moving halfway around the world to start a new life with him.

How long do you think it will last?

I say MAYBE 3 years, but only because she is mature for her age and she is a giver.

What are people thinking?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMFAO, what a nutty b!tch (no offense to you Str8up since its your friend and all) but damn.

I second the three year guess.

I mean if she's willing to move halfway across the world for the guy she'll probably keep it going for as long as she can pretend she's not disgusted with herself and made a horrible decision.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This woman probably equates virginity with faithfulness and character. And with the "Baby Daddy" problem so rampant, it sounds like a good MO for her. Perhaps she wants to get out of the problem with sleeping around. As long as she has not become pregnant, and has had no VD, etc., she can basically become a virgin again.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Last weekend a female friend of mine came to town to visit. We have had sex in the past, and come to find out she has/had more feelings for me than I ever realized.

So I was surprised to find out that she is engaged to a guy who lives overseas who; she has only known for about 6 months, 23 years old, and a VIRGIN!

I was talking to my buddy about this who knows her as well. He basically told her she's fukking NUTS.

I was a little more gentle with my opinions, although I made it known that I thought pretty much the same thing.

So this chick is 21 years old, marrying a 23 yr old guy who was a VIRGIN when they met, and considering moving halfway around the world to start a new life with him.

I say MAYBE 3 years, but only because she is mature for her age and she is a giver.

It depends on who she is really, some women are genuinely faithful... but I don't see her as the type. She'd have to be committed to this person (i.e. to a higher principle) and we know how well women commit to their principles... lol.

I don't think she's CRAZY, perhaps she's longing for a little commitment in an atmosphere of total primitiveness ?? I mean think about it, most people in the west today can't control their instincts or keep them in check, they don't value anything higher then themselves.

That being said, she can mold him into a real man if he's committed to changing himself... I mean if I were you I'd be advising her to get him exposed to 'the real world' a bit more lol.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
bIg timer said:
Whats the problem? They are only engaged so have more time to get to know each other even though 6 months is a long time.
Two words:

KNOW THYSELF

She is only 23 and MOST PEOPLE change alarmingly from 20 to 30, so over the next 7 years she will most likely get a divorce if they finally do end up getting married because of lack of life experience, or its quite possible she will change. The truth is most people do not have a good handle on who they are and how they work. Especially women!

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reminiscent of RT’s woman who will drive cross country, crawl through barbed wire, sneak in through your window and wait in the closet to fvck you~~~~if you are able to throw that magical switch in her brain.

Your duty to SoSuave is to mine out the ingredients to how this dude triggered this response in her. Obviously, we know much of it: distance + mystery + inaccessibility. Of course the virgin thing is undoable for most of us.

What I am really interested in is whether she really is nuts or not, or just very-well hooked.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:
What I am really interested in is whether she really is nuts or not, or just very-well hooked.
She definitely isn't nuts....she's pretty well put together (as far as women go anyway).

When she asked my opinion I had no idea the guy was a virgin. But I did run through hypothetical scenarios of what could (likely would) happen, and she had an answer for everything.

Her head is just in the clouds right now. Hopefully she comes down before she makes a mistake.

When she was here she basically told me that she knows I'm not one for commitment, but she wished that she could be the one for ME if situations were different. I have to wonder if she is hinting that I "step up to the plate". She does want to move to my city and even said she's gonna try to convince the future hubby to move here. Not sure if that's a good idea or not......

I knew they were both young, I knew they lived 10,000 miles apart, I knew all that stuff, but until last might I had no idea the guy was still a virgin! That floored me! That opens up SOOOO many more issues. Like the fact that now that he has pu$$y he's gonna wonder what he's been missing.

And my buddy who told me this....he said this guy is basically her puppy dog.

When I talked to her about how relationships SHOULD be (where the man needs to be strong) she seemed to skirt the issue a bit. But i told her what i thought- that for a relationship to be healthy the man has to be able to "Man Up". She thought that it would be ok that they were "equals" haha, fat chance.

My buddy also made a good point about how things are so different in Europe, and how she will probably hate it there. She doens't know what she's getting herself into.....

It depends on who she is really, some women are genuinely faithful... but I don't see her as the type. She'd have to be committed to this person (i.e. to a higher principle) and we know how well women commit to their principles... lol.
Faithful.....I doubt it. She was running around my condo all weekend in a nightgown that barely covered her ass cheeks, sleeping in my bed, offering to cook me dinner, bought me a housewarming gift, etc. I could have fukked her if I were so inclined.

She's coming back into town on New Years, so we will see how this plays out.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
She definitely isn't nuts....she's pretty well put together (as far as women go anyway).

When she asked my opinion I had no idea the guy was a virgin. But I did run through hypothetical scenarios of what could (likely would) happen, and she had an answer for everything.

Her head is just in the clouds right now. Hopefully she comes down before she makes a mistake.

When she was here she basically told me that she knows I'm not one for commitment, but she wished that she could be the one for ME if situations were different. I have to wonder if she is hinting that I "step up to the plate". She does want to move to my city and even said she's gonna try to convince the future hubby to move here. Not sure if that's a good idea or not......

I knew they were both young, I knew they lived 10,000 miles apart, I knew all that stuff, but until last might I had no idea the guy was still a virgin! That floored me! That opens up SOOOO many more issues. Like the fact that now that he has pu$$y he's gonna wonder what he's been missing.

And my buddy who told me this....he said this guy is basically her puppy dog.

When I talked to her about how relationships SHOULD be (where the man needs to be strong) she seemed to skirt the issue a bit. But i told her what i thought- that for a relationship to be healthy the man has to be able to "Man Up". She thought that it would be ok that they were "equals" haha, fat chance.

My buddy also made a good point about how things are so different in Europe, and how she will probably hate it there. She doens't know what she's getting herself into.....

Faithful.....I doubt it. She was running around my condo all weekend in a nightgown that barely covered her ass cheeks, sleeping in my bed, offering to cook me dinner, bought me a housewarming gift, etc. I could have fukked her if I were so inclined.

She's coming back into town on New Years, so we will see how this plays out.
Ill be the first to say there is nothing wrong, per se, with being a virgin. Its what you do with it that matters.

That last paragraph in your post was the kicker...

The disaster potential hangs more over his head than hers. I hate to say it but that has all the makings of a matrix-ejecting-into-sosuave story. Poor dude.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
STR8UP said:

All I'll say is the guy is either a religious nut(taking a vow of celibacy till he gets married), or is a hardcore AFC. He can still be a DJ and a religious nut. But if he's a virgin NOT because of his religion, then he's gotta be a hardcore AFC. You've gotta be really bad with women if you're 23 and still haven't had the opportunity to get laid. If this chick's attractive, then this is an all too common case of yet another chick who could care less about getting involved with an AFC guy. But Str8up, you never stated if she's attractive.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
All I'll say is the guy is either a religious nut(taking a vow of celibacy till he gets married), or is a hardcore AFC. He can still be a DJ and a religious nut. But if he's a virgin NOT because of his religion, then he's gotta be a hardcore AFC. You've gotta be really bad with women if you're 23 and still haven't had the opportunity to get laid. If this chick's attractive, then this is an all too common case of yet another chick who could care less about getting involved with an AFC guy. But Str8up, you never stated if she's attractive.
She is fairly attractive. Not exactly MY type, hence no future between us, but she gets her share of attention from guys.

From what i gather it sounds as if this guy is socially awkward. She even stated that he is "shy" which could mean a lot of things, but putting 2 and 2 together i would imagine his virginity was not necessarily by choice.

A had a discussion about this tonite with a female friend who is 38 and she saw nothing wrong with the guy being a virgin at 23, but regardless of the circumstances I see it as a HUGE red flag for her.

Guess she has to learn her lessons the hard way.....

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So why doesn't she solve this problem before hand; have sex with him now. Surely, in all this talking with her about it, you asked why they haven't had sex yet.

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are they moving to?

To me, the fact that they are only 23 and 21 is more disturbing than he is a virgin. I really don't see it.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This only proves, as my father used to say, "there are more horse's a$$es in the world, than there are horses"

I don't know who is more nutty, your "hor" female friend who wants to marry a virgin halfway around the world, yet parades in your house half-naked, or this "virgin" from God knows where who want to marry an American "hor" (assuming he knows her past)

Jeez......

Str8up, I love you man, but LMS is right... how do you get so entwined with the "hor populous" so much? Just lucky I guess... :)

Dietzcoi

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dietzcoi said:
This only proves, as my father used to say, "there are more horse's a$$es in the world, than there are horses"

I don't know who is more nutty, your "hor" female friend who wants to marry a virgin halfway around the world, yet parades in your house half-naked, or this "virgin" from God knows where who want to marry an American "hor" (assuming he knows her past)

Jeez......

Str8up, I love you man, but LMS is right... how do you get so entwined with the "hor populous" so much? Just lucky I guess... :)

Dietzcoi
Maybe Str8 secretly runs a brothel?

Hmm... perhaps?

Maybe we could use a sosuave cupon for a discount?

??

:)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
uhh... I was still a virgin at 24... I don't see the big deal here.
I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but GENERALLY, if you haven't had sex before your 20's, and I do mean GENERALLY because there are always exceptions, it would be something to watch out for, a "red flag" if you will.....

What it comes down to is that this guy doesn't have ANY idea what he wants from a woman, definitely not sexually and since he is a virgin, probably not in any other way either.

She tells me, "I've experienced it all....I know I'm ready to settle down. I've had numerous boyfriends, I've even had GIRLfriends....".

And the guy she's marrying hasn't done ANYTHING.

Can you see the disparity here?

She THINKS she's "been there done that" which I don't buy, BTW, and he definitely HAS NOT been anywhere that would allow him to make a proper choice in a mate.

She is a lot more experienced than he is, but she hasn't lived long enough to know what she wants. And the guy? Where do I begin.

Neither one of them know what they are getting themselves into.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I wasn't trying to insult anyone, but GENERALLY, if you haven't had sex before your 20's, and I do mean GENERALLY because there are always exceptions, it would be something to watch out for, a "red flag" if you will.....

What it comes down to is that this guy doesn't have ANY idea what he wants from a woman, definitely not sexually and since he is a virgin, probably not in any other way either.

She tells me, "I've experienced it all....I know I'm ready to settle down. I've had numerous boyfriends, I've even had GIRLfriends....".

And the guy she's marrying hasn't done ANYTHING.

Can you see the disparity here?

She THINKS she's "been there done that" which I don't buy, BTW, and he definitely HAS NOT been anywhere that would allow him to make a proper choice in a mate.

She is a lot more experienced than he is, but she hasn't lived long enough to know what she wants. And the guy? Where do I begin.

Neither one of them know what they are getting themselves into.
You have some good points, but if they are committed to one another to better one another's lives (teach each other, etc)... small chance it could happen... some couples DO break the expectations we have here. Whether we acknowledge that or not, but I will give you that the chances are highly likely... NOT GOOD. Maybe you should try delving deeper into this chicks mind by explaining 'what marriage is really like', tell her if she's disappinted in the sex with him it will get boring very quickly after a few years and familiarity will make her bored, then couple that with the stress of jobs and kids and you're ready to break up... Marriage should really only be entered into by those who understand the reality of it.

Ask her the things she hates most about work/life and then relate it to the work constant work of marriage+children, because it is very tiring especially if you plan on having kids... who knows maybe subconsciously she wants to have this guys kids because he's a good provider and then **** the 'bad boys' on the side.... could it be? hmm.. women are like HYDRA's man, they will speak with different heads at different times and you have to know which ones to ignore.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, she's gone back to school now, so I won't likely be talking to her much until New Years. i really don't care to even talk to her about it anymore. Her mind is probably made up. you can't fight emotion with logic. At least not when a chick is concerned. It's not my business anyway. She just asked me what I thought and I gave it to her straight.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:

I say four months, divorce, then stick around Europe forever, enjoying its superior culture.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
You've gotta be really bad with women if you're 23 and still haven't had the opportunity to get laid.
I know a guy who was the 33 y.o. virgin, and ended up marrying that woman. She appreciated the fact that he did not have a police record, like most of the men she had dated. They have been very happy.