Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AZ gets hyped up left and right and I legit do not see what is so special about that place. Legit every basic white chick is from there and overhyped to so many degrees.
Arizona was more special before 1980-1990, when there was less of a population. Arizona started to become overpopulated in the 1990s. Water security will be a major issue in Arizona in the future.

The Grand Canyon, the red rock formations of Sedona, Saguaro National Park, and Organ Pipe National Monument are beautiful natural things in Arizona. Google them if you're so interested. None of those are in Phoenix Metro, but plenty of people who live in the Phoenix area have been to some, if not all, of those places. All of them are easy day trips from Phoenix if the weather is good.

Camelback Mountain is one of the prettiest things in Metro Phoenix. So are the mountains in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, such as North Mountain and Piestewa Peak. Papago Park is nice too. All of those areas are good outdoor areas for doing approaches during the October 15-April 15 period. From April 15 - October 15, it is generally too hot there to do approaches, unless you think you can get numbers and arrange dates at sunrise walks/hikes between 5:30 am - 6:30 am.

I don't think every basic White woman is from Arizona. "Good Looking Women, Bad Attitudes" is the best way to sum up a lot of the White women of Arizona. This is most applicable in nightlife venue game with the White women one will most commonly encounter in nightlife venues in Scottsdale and Tempe. Some venues in Phoenix itself are better than the Scottsdale and Tempe nightlife venues.

I agree that Phoenix and Tucson are a bit overhyped. The biggest problem in both of those cities is the job market. Employment opportunities are not impressive in Phoenix for a metro area of its size. There is not a good base of corporate employment in Metro Phoenix. Few top companies have their headquarters in Metro Phoenix, so a lot of the general business jobs are lackluster. If your job is in the medical industry, Phoenix has a decent employment base. The medical industry has always done quite well in Phoenix due to the fact that the area is a hub for retirees needing medical services.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arizona was more special before 1980-1990, when there was less of a population. Arizona started to become overpopulated in the 1990s. Water security will be a major issue in Arizona in the future.

The Grand Canyon, the red rock formations of Sedona, Saguaro National Park, and Organ Pipe National Monument are beautiful natural things in Arizona. Google them if you're so interested. None of those are in Phoenix Metro, but plenty of people who live in the Phoenix area have been to some, if not all, of those places. All of them are easy day trips from Phoenix if the weather is good.

Camelback Mountain is one of the prettiest things in Metro Phoenix. So are the mountains in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, such as North Mountain and Piestewa Peak. Papago Park is nice too. All of those areas are good outdoor areas for doing approaches during the October 15-April 15 period. From April 15 - October 15, it is generally too hot there to do approaches, unless you think you can get numbers and arrange dates at sunrise walks/hikes between 5:30 am - 6:30 am.

I don't think every basic White woman is from Arizona. "Good Looking Women, Bad Attitudes" is the best way to sum up a lot of the White women of Arizona. This is most applicable in nightlife venue game with the White women one will most commonly encounter in nightlife venues in Scottsdale and Tempe. Some venues in Phoenix itself are better than the Scottsdale and Tempe nightlife venues.

I agree that Phoenix and Tucson are a bit overhyped. The biggest problem in both of those cities is the job market. Employment opportunities are not impressive in Phoenix for a metro area of its size. There is not a good base of corporate employment in Metro Phoenix. Few top companies have their headquarters in Metro Phoenix, so a lot of the general business jobs are lackluster. If your job is in the medical industry, Phoenix has a decent employment base. The medical industry has always done quite well in Phoenix due to the fact that the area is a hub for retirees needing medical services.

Phoenix gets amazingly nice weather once November rolls around; the beginning & ending of October are like night & day.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix gets amazingly nice weather once November rolls around; the beginning & ending of October are like night & day.
With Phoenix, I think October 15 is the key date. Somewhere around October 15 is when the weather starts to get acceptably good. Almost every Phoenix area resident looks forward to that period in mid to late October when daytime highs are finally comfortable.

April 15 is about the time when the good weather ends and the heat starts up for the next 6 months.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some days this upcoming week are not going to get below the 90s. o_O o_O o_O
We have had at least 110 degree highs every day this month and are forecasted to through next Friday. This is about the hottest 2 week stretch I have seen since I have lived here.

We have been under an excessive heat warning, issued by the Nat. weather service, since July 3rd and it has been extended to the 16th.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have had at least 110 degree highs every day this month and are forecasted to through next Friday.
Ridiculous!

I think a lot of Phoenicians can feel the difference between a 100 degree day and a 110 degree day.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ridiculous!

I think a lot of Phoenicians can feel the difference between a 100 degree day and a 110 degree day.
It's like going from Cancun to the Sahara

By the end of the summer, 100 is actually pleasant.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the unique things about Arizona is the lack of observance of Daylight Saving Time. In the summer, this means sunrises can be as early as 5 AM near the Summer Solstice.

I never tried to pick up women outdoors in summer months around 5-6 AM.

@BillyPilgrim -- Have you ever tried to do early morning outdoor approaching/game in summer months? Do you think it would work?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the unique things about Arizona is the lack of observance of Daylight Saving Time. In the summer, this means sunrises can be as early as 5 AM near the Summer Solstice.

I never tried to pick up women outdoors in summer months around 5-6 AM.

@BillyPilgrim -- Have you ever tried to do early morning outdoor approaching/game in summer months? Do you think it would work?
I haven't tried and would prob advise against it. Women are naturally hornier and open to flirtation in the evening. It could work after 7 or so in the evening. As a night owl I hate the 5am dawn sh1t. It actually gets light around 4:45 and these morning people don't need any more ammunition.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried and would prob advise against it. Women are naturally hornier and open to flirtation in the evening. It could work after 7 or so in the evening. As a night owl I hate the 5am dawn sh1t. It actually gets light around 4:45 and these morning people don't need any more ammunition.
I never once though to try the dawn/early morning 5-6 AM pickups around Papago, Camelback, or Piestewa.

It seems like you think that the typical man in the summer would be more effective in arranging dates if he went to Scottsdale Fashion Square (example of a good mall for pickup) or a grocery store in an area that is mainly unmarried on a weekend afternoon or weekdays after 5-6 PM than trying the 5-6 AM approaches around Papago/Camelback/Piestewa. Is that correct? Also, those mall/grocery options aren't that unique to Phoenix, as men in other cities have mall and grocery store options.

For you personally, as a night owl, you're better off doing approaches in the evenings.

There are also indoor gym/fitness class options available in the summer in Phoenix, but that's not unique to Phoenix. Indoor gym/fitness class options are available in any larger city. Gym/fitness class pickups can be done at any time of day when the gym is open. My sense is that you would think men would be better off trying approaches in the gym in the evening or fitness classes in the evening as compared to morning gym/fitness class approaching.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never once though to try the dawn/early morning 5-6 AM pickups around Papago, Camelback, or Piestewa.

It seems like you think that the typical man in the summer would be more effective in arranging dates if he went to Scottsdale Fashion Square (example of a good mall for pickup) or a grocery store in an area that is mainly unmarried on a weekend afternoon or weekdays after 5-6 PM than trying the 5-6 AM approaches around Papago/Camelback/Piestewa. Is that correct? Also, those mall/grocery options aren't that unique to Phoenix, as men in other cities have mall and grocery store options.

For you personally, as a night owl, you're better off doing approaches in the evenings.

There are also indoor gym/fitness class options available in the summer in Phoenix, but that's not unique to Phoenix. Indoor gym/fitness class options are available in any larger city. Gym/fitness class pickups can be done at any time of day when the gym is open. My sense is that you would think men would be better off trying approaches in the gym in the evening or fitness classes in the evening as compared to morning gym/fitness class approaching.
I'm just really getting into cold approaching but I'm not keen on doing it when the women are out of breath or otherwise focused on exercise.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just really getting into cold approaching but I'm not keen on doing it when the women are out of breath or otherwise focused on exercise.
There are rest points on the mountain trails in the Phoenix area. There's always the summit. Another option is to linger around the base of the trail and intercept women coming off the trail or about to get started.

I can vouch for the Merc, cool vibe. Better to bring a plate there than to try and pick up those coveted 30 something childless women.
MercBar has been around since the 1990s that gives off a classy vibe. The bar is upscale and tends to attract an older, more affluent clientele. It is in the Biltmore area of Phoenix, so it's a different vibe than the Old Town Scottsdale vibe.

I never went to MercBar because it's an older crowd, but I'm now likely the age where I could go to MercBar and not be out of place. It's a 35+ kind of place. I was in my 20s during the time I was in Phoenix so I was a bit young to do approaches at MercBar.

Why do you think MercBar is a better date bar than an approaching bar? This was something that was unanswered on the other thread. I liked the idea of MercBar.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the Merc with a buddy years ago right before I got into game. If it's the same it's a cool venue, but I'd rather bring a date there than pick up unless my approach game was really tight. Lots of 30 something upscale chicks.

I imagine it would be a good place to bring a Seeking chick to.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the Merc with a buddy years ago right before I got into game. If it's the same it's a cool venue, but I'd rather bring a date there than pick up unless my approach game was really tight. Lots of 30 something upscale chicks.
The Merc has been around since the 1990s in Phoenix and I think the vibe has always been the same. What you describe is what my impression of it was in the 2000s. It was inappropriate for me to go as a mid-20 something guy when I was there but would make sense now.

Going to MercBar would be a way better use of time for a lot of 35+ guys than outdoor daygame and likely even mall approaching at Scottsdale Fashion Square.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Merc has been around since the 1990s in Phoenix and I think the vibe has always been the same. What you describe is what my impression of it was in the 2000s. It was inappropriate for me to go as a mid-20 something guy when I was there but would make sense now.

Going to MercBar would be a way better use of time for a lot of 35+ guys than outdoor daygame and likely even mall approaching at Scottsdale Fashion Square.
Tbh I'd really only do daygame for the 20 somethings looking to get cool life experiences with a smoother older dude. The more serious women, no.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Heat is Real and Affects All Aspects of Life, Including Seduction
Some articles about the recent Phoenix heatwave are below. Phoenix broke a record that was set in 1974 earlier this week. In 1974, there were 18 consecutive days of high temperatures of 110+. Phoenix currently has had 20+ days of 110+ degree high temperatures.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some articles about the recent Phoenix heatwave are below. Phoenix broke a record that was set in 1974 earlier this week. In 1974, there were 18 consecutive days of high temperatures of 110+. Phoenix currently has had 20+ days of 110+ degree high temperatures.

It's been 25 days of at least 108. At least next week it will be under 115.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been 25 days of at least 108. At least next week it will be under 115.
Ridiculous! That sort of heat affects all aspects of life including all aspects of seduction. Those in existing relationships that are in decent shape are in the best position with the heat. They can go to each other's homes and have sex.

Spending any time outdoors at those temperatures is going to be uncomfortable.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today will be the 31st consecutive day in Phoenix with a high temperature of 110 degrees+. Today is expected to be the final day of that streak, as tomorrow's forecast high will only be 106 degrees.

There is a video embedded in that article I've posted above. It shows that even the cactus species are having a difficult time with the heat. Various cactus plants need the temperature to drop more than it has to function well. Photosynthesis typically happens at night for cacti and photosynthesis isn't going as well for them.

If cacti are not liking the heat, it's a sign that humans are not liking the heat and it's affecting seduction.

Part of that video also takes place at Desert Botanical Gardens, a good date spot in the less warm months of the year. Desert Botanical Gardens would not be a good place for approaching and pickup.

The saguaro cactus is the most famous cactus variant in Arizona. It can be found near both Phoenix and Tucson. The Tucson area has Saguaro National Park, which is broken up into 2 areas. One part of Saguaro National Park is west of Tucson and the other part of it is east of Tucson.