Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need help creating workout for girlfriend!

MusclesMarinara

Reaction score
My girlfriend and her best friend want me to act as their personal trainer, and help them tone up while also dropping a few pounds. I was gonna use the basics of the stronglifts 5x5 routine with some tweaks plus jogging since they do want to gain muscle however im not sure if its appropriate for them. heres what i had...(lower weight, more reps)

A
3x10 Squats
3x10 Bench press or Fly's
3x10 rows or lawnmower pulls
3xF dips
1xF crunches
25 minute walk/jog

B
3x10 Squats
3x10 Overhead press
1x10 deadlifts
3x10 preacher curls
1xF Crunches
25 minute walk/jog

Any suggestions, or maybe a completely different plan altogether?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MusclesMarinara said:
heres what i had...(lower weight, more reps)
Why?

You understand that there is no such thing as "toning", right? Women should train exactly the same way as men (with lower weights, obviously). They are not going to put on very much muscle without steroids. If you want to understand why, read Mark Rippetoe's Practical Programming for Strength Training:

With very, very few exceptions, they (women) are trained in exactly the same way as men of the same age and level
Ineffective "firming and toning" routines have no basis in physiology, and the results obtained from them demonstrate this rather conclusively.
I would just put them on the basic Rippetoe program from PPST like everyone else who is new to training. It works great for everyone who follows it to the letter, so why change anything?

Monday:

Squat 3 x 5
Bench/Overhead press 3 x 5
Chin ups 3 x failure (start adding weight once they can do 15+)

Wednesday:

Squat 3 x 5
Overhead press/Bench 3 x 5
Deadlift 1x5

Friday:

Squat 3 x 5
Bench/Overhead press 3 x 5
Pull ups 3 x failure (start adding weight once they can do 15+)

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crossfit chicks are pretty toned and fit, more than your average but not too overdone.

Check 'em out. Crossfit.com