Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need advice-possible last chance to get ex girlfriend back

pens66

Reaction score
Hello I am new here but I wanted to ask advice on what I think is the possible last chance to get my ex back. I am the LTR type of guy and was hoping that maybe one day I could get there with this girl because I really like/liked her. First I'm going to try to give a brief history.

We met online (Zoosk.com) in the spring. Even though she was away at school at the time it turns out she lives about 5 minutes from me. We used to talk about everything and had a great time talking. Then she came home from school and we met in person and had 2 short but good dates.

This is where my insecurities crept in. I have not been in a LTR for awhile and back then I always moved too slow so this time I tried forcing things. I asked her to be my girlfriend after the third date. Bad move especially because I was the first guy she opened up to since her boyfriend broke up with her last summer (2 year relationship)

She always told me things like I made her feel so special and that I opened her heart more than thought possible by anyone. She told me when she was ready to be my girlfriend it would be the best feeling.

I stupidly asked her once later where we stood and she ignored it. Then finally one day she admitted that she had a crush on me and the next day she said we were exclusive. I was so excited.

Then after about 2 and 1/2 weeks she said we need to talk. I knew what was coming and so I told her before she even told me that we were moving too fast. I agreed that we were because we where. But then I let my emotions control me and I thought back to how she had just wanted to be exclusive and how I made here feel and I said: YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT.

Needless to say she stormed off and we tried to be friends after but we cut it off after a little longer than a week because it was too hard to do.

So a month goes by and I am almost over her although it was so hard because I really liked her. I was not even trying to do no contact I was just too busy. Then suddenly I saw that she viewed my profile online which made me think she was still interested and thinking about me.

So I made my first big mistake-I sent her a message telling her how I felt and how could how I made her feel not mean anything? After a week nothing. Then a made another mistake-Sending a message pretending that it was the first time I met her. Another week and nothing. I knew she was reading these messages though because I could see she viewed my profile.

Then I finally set my emotions aside and recounted our relationship. And I found that she cared so much about me that for a long time she put her happiness aside to try to make me happy and that I messed up really bad.

So I sent her one last message to tell her how much I had learned about relationships and to apologize for certain things and then I planned to do no contact and see if that worked.

Except for whatever reason I sent one last message where I brought up things from the past and even told her I know that she did things for me.

I felt really bad for saying this so I sent one final apology for saying these things and then planned to go no contact. This was yesterday. I told her I know how much those things must have upset her.

Well to my surprise last night there are 2 messages from her. This is what she said (I will capatilize where she did):

Message 1: You did NOT hurt me with what you said. Leave me alone.
Message 2: By the way, do not tell me you KNOW how I feel. You do not KNOW how I feel. So don't assume things.

I did not expect to hear back from her so I was intially caught off guard. Plus she just kept staying online and checking my profile waiting for my response.

So I waited for about an hour and said this:

I am sorry for assuming how you felt. I tend to overanalyze things and I thought you would be upset by the past because I was. And you are right I do not know how you feel because you will not talk to me. At least I know now I did not hurt you.

This caught her off guard because she was right there but did not respond for awhile. Then right before I went to bed I checked one more time and saw this message:

The reason I am not talking to you is because there is nothing between us and there never will be. I am over it. You were not right for me and I let you go. That's it. Sorry.

For the first time in a long time I am in the position to actually respond to what she said. I need advice on what I should say and if you even think she still cares about me.

This is my analysis of what she said since we know women don't say what they really mean:

I did hurt her with what I said. That is why she was so quick to tell her I did not as to defend herself. Then I caught her off guard with my saying I don't know how she feels because she won't talk to me so she put up her defense about there is nothing between us. That whole message was her trying to convince herself that she does not care about me anymore. I mean why would she say she is sorry for me not getting another chance if she feels nothing?

Of course maybe I am totally wrong about all of this and that is really how she feels. Anyway I feel like this is my last chance and don't say just move on because I REALLY like this girl and we had a really strong connection despite my insecurities which I have learned from.

I was thinking of sending something like this: I am glad to know how you feel so I can stop guessing. You were not right for me either so I am moving on as well. Goodbye *girl name*. Good luck with everything.

Tell me what you think. I need your guy's help.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ditch her, if you ever get back with her she'll neuter you. In other words, she'll treat you like a pvssy and make you into one. You have to be wearing the pants.

pens66

Reaction score
Thanks I appreciate your advice although I really don't want to do that. If I was not so into LTR I would definitely do it. I know I will catch flak for that but that's the way I feel right now.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummmm. I think you need to go away. Stalker status achieved. Sorry.

pens66

Reaction score
I was afraid someone would say that. I am feeling that way a little but I was hoping it was not true...

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know where you're coming from, Pens. I've been there! Sometimes you feel like if you just pour your heart out, she will see how vulnerable you are and take you back. The reality is that usually doesn't work and has a tendency to have to opposite effect. You need to walk away and leave her alone. That's what she asked for, you need to give it her. If she does want you back, the time away will make that feeling come to the surface for her. No amount of begging or pleading will make her want you back. Your best weapon at this stage is to give her what she asked for, whether she meant it or not. If she didn't mean it, she will contact you. Believe me!

I had a blow up with my ex recently, she said the same thing, to leave her alone. A week later, after I completely shut down communication, she texts me outta nowhere asking me how i am. Why would someone do that or even care if she just said to leave her alone? She still cares and you not contacting makes her realize you don't need her. As soon as she feels that, you are in the drivers seat.

pens66

Reaction score
Wow bignick thanks for your advice! I feel a lot more encouraged by what you have said. My real name is nick too by the way.

I had a feeling she still cares so I am happy to hear that you agree with that as well. And yes I was not going to contact her and prove to her that I don't need her. Although I was going to send that last message that I posted to tell her that she wasn't right for me either (using the same line she uses against me) and tell her I was moving on to try to make my silence even more powerful.

Do you think that is too much? Should I just stay silent instead?

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need to do anything, just stop calling her, texting her, emailing her, whatever. It's more powerful if you dont say anything because your giving her what she asked for. I'm not saying she will contact you, but if she does still have feelings, she will make the effort eventually. I don't know the entire situation, but it sounds like she just freaked about being in a relationship, so she bolted. You shouldn't have to beg and plead to get her back if she doesn't want a relationship. If you did something blatantly wrong maybe. But it sounds to me like she doesn't know what she wants, like you said. Some women don't like to have the truth put in their face, it makes them ultra-defensive.

Just move on, if it's meant to be, she'll call!

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its good to see bigd1ck and pen1s helping eachother out here.

pens66

Reaction score
bignick79 said:
You don't need to do anything, just stop calling her, texting her, emailing her, whatever. It's more powerful if you dont say anything because your giving her what she asked for. I'm not saying she will contact you, but if she does still have feelings, she will make the effort eventually. I don't know the entire situation, but it sounds like she just freaked about being in a relationship, so she bolted. You shouldn't have to beg and plead to get her back if she doesn't want a relationship. If you did something blatantly wrong maybe. But it sounds to me like she doesn't know what she wants, like you said. Some women don't like to have the truth put in their face, it makes them ultra-defensive.

Just move on, if it's meant to be, she'll call!
Thanks for you advice. Do you really think that what she said about there being nothing between us now or ever is really true though? You seem to agree with me that she is just confused about everything. I am going to stay silent now for as long as possible and maybe one day she will contact me. And for now it's time to go meet some other women!

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stay silent.

meet some other girls.

she might contact you in a few weeks, might not. leave it up to her though. and if she does, don't immediately reply, give a day or so.

I used to think the way you do pens, but I learned a lot here and it shaped me into who i am today. The fun part is, you learn that most women are very predictable and so you know what to do in future relationships.

pens66

Reaction score
pdx1138 said:
stay silent.

meet some other girls.

she might contact you in a few weeks, might not. leave it up to her though. and if she does, don't immediately reply, give a day or so.

I used to think the way you do pens, but I learned a lot here and it shaped me into who i am today. The fun part is, you learn that most women are very predictable and so you know what to do in future relationships.
Thanks for you advice. Yes if she ever contacts me I am definitely not replying right away. Like I said before I am going to meet some other women and try to forget about her.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay silent. You'll be happier. Send that message and you will be miserable.

DonJuan_DeRosco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry lad but I'm going to be harsh and set you completely straight. By the way, I'm assuming you are young?

pens66 said:
Hello I am new here but I wanted to ask advice on what I think is the possible last chance to get my ex back.
You can't, she's gone, move on!

pens66 said:
I asked her to be my girlfriend after the third date.
You nuked your own ass.

pens66 said:
I was the first guy she opened up to since her boyfriend broke up with her last summer (2 year relationship)
Course you were. :rolleyes:

pens66 said:
She always told me things like I made her feel so special and that I opened her heart more than thought possible by anyone. She told me when she was ready to be my girlfriend it would be the best feeling.
Don't listen to what they say, go by their actions, she was spinning you a yarn.

pens66 said:
So a month goes by and I am almost over her although it was so hard because I really liked her. I was not even trying to do no contact I was just too busy. Then suddenly I saw that she viewed my profile online which made me think she was still interested and thinking about me.
She wasn't interested, she's just confirming to herself that you have no other girl going on.

pens66 said:
So I made my first big mistake-I sent her a message telling her how I felt and how could how I made her feel not mean anything? After a week nothing. Then a made another mistake-Sending a message pretending that it was the first time I met her. Another week and nothing. I knew she was reading these messages though because I could see she viewed my profile.
More like 10th big mistake, you should have UPS special delivery her your testicles.

pens66 said:
Then I finally set my emotions aside and recounted our relationship. And I found that she cared so much about me that for a long time she put her happiness aside to try to make me happy and that I messed up really bad.

So I sent her one last message to tell her how much I had learned about relationships and to apologize for certain things and then I planned to do no contact and see if that worked.
Oh dear, NEVER do this again with any girl ever! Also, you weren't in a relationship, 2 and half weeks of nothing is not a relationship.

pens66 said:
I am sorry for assuming how you felt. I tend to overanalyze things and I thought you would be upset by the past because I was. And you are right I do not know how you feel because you will not talk to me. At least I know now I did not hurt you.

This caught her off guard because she was right there but did not respond for awhile.
Please stop talking! She wasn't caught off guard, she was showing her friends your messages to show how much of a pvssy you are!

pens66 said:
I did hurt her with what I said
You really didn't.

pens66 said:
Of course maybe I am totally wrong about all of this
You are.

pens66 said:
I was thinking of sending something like this: I am glad to know how you feel so I can stop guessing. You were not right for me either so I am moving on as well. Goodbye *girl name*. Good luck with everything.
DO NOT SEND THIS!!! No contact, EVER, lest this girl gets a restraining order against you.

pens66 said:
Tell me what you think
You have a LONG way to go lad.

Don't mean to be the bad guy here but someone had to be. Stick around and learn, read the DJ Bible, Book Of Pook and AntiDump. Start watching Clint Eastwood films and stop watching whatever teen romance pish that you must watch going by your story.

I would have appreciated someone being so cutting about what I was doing wrong back in the day, so that's my good deed for the day. Even though you might not initially think so.

All the best soldier!

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pens66 said:
Message 1: You did NOT hurt me with what you said. Leave me alone.
Message 2: By the way, do not tell me you KNOW how I feel. You do not KNOW how I feel. So don't assume things.
To me this doesn't sound like a girl who wants you to keep talking to her.

pens66 said:
The reason I am not talking to you is because there is nothing between us and there never will be. I am over it. You were not right for me and I let you go. That's it. Sorry.
Yeah, I really don't think she still cares that much about you. That is, if she ever cared to begin with.

pens66 said:
This is my analysis of what she said since we know women don't say what they really mean
She means what she says.

pens66

Reaction score
DonJuan_DeRosco said:
Sorry lad but I'm going to be harsh and set you completely straight. By the way, I'm assuming you are young?

You can't, she's gone, move on!

You nuked your own ass.

Course you were. :rolleyes:

Don't listen to what they say, go by their actions, she was spinning you a yarn.

She wasn't interested, she's just confirming to herself that you have no other girl going on.

More like 10th big mistake, you should have UPS special delivery her your testicles.

Oh dear, NEVER do this again with any girl ever! Also, you weren't in a relationship, 2 and half weeks of nothing is not a relationship.

Please stop talking! She wasn't caught off guard, she was showing her friends your messages to show how much of a pvssy you are!

You really didn't.

You are.

DO NOT SEND THIS!!! No contact, EVER, lest this girl gets a restraining order against you.

You have a LONG way to go lad.

Don't mean to be the bad guy here but someone had to be. Stick around and learn, read the DJ Bible, Book Of Pook and AntiDump. Start watching Clint Eastwood films and stop watching whatever teen romance pish that you must watch going by your story.

I would have appreciated someone being so cutting about what I was doing wrong back in the day, so that's my good deed for the day. Even though you might not initially think so.

All the best soldier!
Thanks for your advice. The truth is I never had much luck with girls before and I am still trying to learn as I go. I had a feeling already about everything you said but was hoping it was not true. And yes I know I ruined everything by asking her that and I thought maybe I could undo it all but I know it is done. I am still trying to learn the whole concept of don't listen to what they say go by their actions. I at least know this now for the future. I really feel like an idiot right now but I needed to hear this. Hopefully I will keep learning and not make the same mistakes in the future.