Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need advice on education/jobs

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a major problem. I just failed my first university year and might have to get straight into work if I can't appeal it. I was studying computer science with games development. I KNOW I'm good at what I do, the problem was entirely with my organisation and motivation.

I honestly hadn't given much thought to the possibility of being in any other field so my question is, how can I stay in the IT field without a degree? I'm considering getting a full-time job and studying for computer science again, part time. But then would I have to work an unrelated job while I'm studying again or is there a possibility of that being in the IT field?

Maybe full-time education just isnt for me. I've already repeated a year in college and studied an extra year in a sh!tty university which got me into my current (much better) university. Maybe this is really an opportunity in disguise...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 2 friends who work at ESPN doing IT work. They have no degree. They make good money and love working at ESPN. They got the job by having experience in the field and knowing someone at ESPN who helped them out. You dont need a degree but it does not hurt either.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
...Consider Bill Gates. He dropped Harvard to pursue his true passion: Microsoft.....
But you have to realize that his success wasn't focused on technology, it was primarily his ability to build a viable corporation with a business model which was unique at the time. He just also happened to be a developer.