Mythbuster Field Report Project: Pheromones - do they really work?

Reaction score
Mythbusters: Pheneromes do they really work?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've recently ordered a Phenerome from a company called Phelure and am waiting for shipment of this spray. The goal is to spray this on and see if there is any noticable difference with this spray or without it.

To conduct this experiment I will do the following:

1) Go outside with my best clothes, good haircut, fully groomed and try to introduce myself to a few random women.

2) Go outside with my best clothes, good haircut, fully groomed and try to introduce myself to a few random women, and spray on some of this stuff.

3) Go outside with my worst clothes, no shower, no shave, and introduce myself to a few random women.

4) Go outside with my worst clothes, no shower, no shave, and introduce myself to a few random women, and spray on some of this stuff.

5) Go to any place or location where there is issues with particular sets of women where it's difficult for me to start a conversation due to lack of connectivity -- spray some of this stuff on, see if there is any change and if I'm able to hold a conversation with them.

6) Ask out friends that I know back on dates who have bfs they don't like but have settled for since nothing better has come along (including me), or where there is not likely going to be any action with someone single, and spray some of this stuff on.

7) Sit down in a mall or location it's not too crowded for about 30 minutes, spray some of this stuff on and see if anyone comes around to start a conversation.

The point of this experiment is to test for general receptivity, if the people I contact in are more noticably friendlier or nicer, and if there is any noticable change, and thus settle it once and for all if this product really works or not.
I'm very realistic about it and don't expect a Twilight Zone reality of something very wierd and out of the ordinary happening.

I'm also opening the floor to anyone else who has tried this out and to post your experiences using this product.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not too scientific, you should devise ways to eliminate bias. Knowing if you are using the spray or not will introduce bias. These are what "double-blind studies" are for.

Have a spray bottle with the pheromone, and another with a placebo. You can't know whether you're using the pheromone or the placebo until after the experiment. Repeat each experiment as much as possible, the more the better, and see if you can get a statistically significant difference between pheromone spray and placebo.

It might also help to devise some objective measurement of success, rather than "she dug me"...

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL. Sosuave seems a little better than a site called "E_Not_Alone"

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard the Q-Ray bracelet works also. Something about bending the magnetic fabric of space and time...

Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
Have you tried using heroin? This has nothing to do with women, but I figure why not...
I haven't the slightest interest.

Pheromone is the closest that I'll ever going to trying any drug out because I'll be getting high with all the female attention and them girls opening up to me that the reality shock will put me on a trance. I may not be able to handle it.

I found a pheromone forum website http://www.pheromonetalk.com and it's just blowing my mind, I've got to get to the bottom of this.

Reaction score
DrEw_ThA_pLaYa said:
hey man are you still a virgin
Yeah, I'm not in a hurry to lose it. I'm buying these pheromone products to experiment with female attention/attraction, not to lose my virginity. Just seeing attractive women I don't know or don't know very well really open up to me is what I'm after here.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Mythbusters: Pheneromes do they really work?
No, they don't.

I purchased a bottle of Pherlure a while ago. I used to put it on before I go to school. In several of my classes I sat next to girls. They didn't react any differently to me when I was wearing versus when I wasn't.

Don't expect a miracle Luke.

BTW if you ordered any extras, free movies whatever. Make sure to cancel them. I also got the "free dvd's" of girls gone wild and one month later from when they came in, I got another DVD and a nice $30 charge from girls gone wild. It turns out it was a monthly DVD subscription. It was easy to cancel and get my money back, though.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
You would've been better off buying a mannequin.
Now there's a thought Des. You may be on to something ;)

Perhaps a clothing store could spray its mannequins with synthetic human pheromones to increase sales!

Haha, I wonder how far retail marketing would be willing to push the envelope.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke, where is your family from? Is it Trinidad? I know you live in Canada now, but I think you mentioned going to carnival once.

I married a woman from that area of the world, and I know the culture pretty well. I realize living at home into young adulthood is pretty common, even though most Americans don't do it. Have you tried talking online to any girls in whatever island you are from? Most of them want to become American or Canadian citizens and leave home. Your citizenship is a bigger pheromone than anything you are going to order in the mail.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had women tell me that certin cologne will make them wet when, they smell it. Women like guys who smell good. But, that will hardly take you anywhere.

Reaction score
Maxtro said:
No, they don't.

I purchased a bottle of Pherlure a while ago. I used to put it on before I go to school. In several of my classes I sat next to girls. They didn't react any differently to me when I was wearing versus when I wasn't.

Don't expect a miracle Luke.
Of course not. In fact, I've read up on that program and calculated a 50/50 probability that it would work on me, and of that, if it does, it would only work on 1/3 of women at best with a placebo effect accounting for anything above that. The product is unreliable and you could get a good batch or a bad batch. Regretably, this was the first product I have bought, and wish I had done further online consultation to check out other more reputable and reliable brands on the market.

I ordered the lowest order ($ 40) because while I've read all the good reviews and testimonials about the product, I fundamentally don't trust them and would just take the least possible financial risk. Now, I know they have a money-back guarantee, but it means nothing to me if the shipping costs are about as much as the product is to do a full return.

I'm a member of the pheromone talk board now and would like to see what products are really out there and if they make a difference, so I will not likely give up if it doesn't work.

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Luke, where is your family from? Is it Trinidad? I know you live in Canada now, but I think you mentioned going to carnival once.

I married a woman from that area of the world, and I know the culture pretty well. I realize living at home into young adulthood is pretty common, even though most Americans don't do it. Have you tried talking online to any girls in whatever island you are from? Most of them want to become American or Canadian citizens and leave home. Your citizenship is a bigger pheromone than anything you are going to order in the mail.
Wow. When Bible_Belt posts like that, then I must have said something that expands the boundaries of desperate on a post.

I've already thought of that, but lets say testing out pheromones is cheaper than going to Trinidad on a return plane ticket to meet girls and if I stay in Trinidad, I can tell you my Aunt is ten times worst than my mom as far as women are concerned -- I'd have to stay somewhere else. I have got one online contact (I liked her photo too) when I was there but I was badly c0ckblocked on it by my Aunt who doesn't trust any woman on the internet and other people in my family feeling they are members of gangs out to kidnap and extort me and rob her house, whatever.... There is also risks of danger there too, real risks.

My someone went to Trinidad and got kidnapped by a girl who took him to the south of the island and her gang of brothers tried to force him to marry her. They eventually left him in some forest in the south when he refused and he had to find his way back on his own as he was robbed by them and had to phone in to get help back. This experience has my Aunt very paranoid about women in Trinidad, especially Indian women. It is also quite a violent place. However, the type of girls there I would like, but unless I'm a playboy feasting on the various exotic skin-tone mixtures and game them on the 'sexual compatability' before having a relationship line, I would have to worry that a LTR is based on a false pretext and I may get dumped as soon as she finished getting what she wants.

But again, I'm not like that, and just want to see improved interactions in the 'real world of here'.
I view using pheromones as having more game, or contributing to game (even if there is no game) then relying on a green card.