My travels to the Bible Belt

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mom's side of the family is originally from a pretty rural part of Tennessee. My mom never grew up there because she was an army brat and I've spent most of my life in the northeast. But now my grandparents live there.

Anyway, this place is about as Bible Belt as it gets. Compared to New Jersey (where I grew up), this place is like another country. There are churches everywhere. Everyone is white, Christian and Republican. Everyone wants to get married and start a family as soon as possible.

Even most fugly girls are married by the time they are 25-26. If not married, many women already have a couple of kids. If a girl 21 and up is decently good looking (and there's a shocking amount of obesity there), she has a rock on her finger.

I was shocked to see several really hot women with less-than-impressive husbands. One of our family friends' daughters is a medical student. She's 26 years old and stunning....5'11, shiny long blond hair, pretty face, nice ass and slim figure. Oh and since her dad is a pathologist, she is also fairly rich.

So I'm expecting her husband to be some 6'4, muscular former football player who's a doctor/lawyer/successful business man etc. Instead, I meet a pudgy, slightly awkward forester (lumberjack). She met this guy at church and she's been married for 3 years already.

I must admit, I was pretty stunned. And this wasn't a one-off thing down there. I saw lots of women with substantially lower SMV men (and it's not like these guys had amazing Game).

So does religion mitigate a woman's hypergamy? To me it initially seemed so. But after further examination, I realized that theory didn't really hold up. The South has the highest divorce rate in the country. It also has a higher than average rate of teen pregnancy.

Interestingly, even with all the strong emphasis on family and the huge influence of religion, families are actually more dysfunctional in this climate. They are more dysfunctional than they are in places like New York and LA where women's hypergamic tendencies are pretty much unchecked.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Lexington,

as you may or may not know, I am from, grew up in and lived the majority of my life iIrn little rock, AR. until i was 23.

I mean, I pulled some pretty nice tail once I got the hang of it. I've even posted pictures in the past. But I did not realize how easy it was supposed to be until I moved to LA. I moved to sarasota flordia for a few months but i was high as a kite then lol sot hat doesn't count.

The best, well 2nd best decision. okay 3rd best decision I ever made was to not have any kids or get married to anyone until I moved out of arkansas.

you are dead on with your assumptions. If you are a guy, get the hell out of the bible belt unless work is keeping you there you are selling yourself short. AVG ass women are rocked up in arkansas. girls i wouldn't even give the time of day to now have rocks on their hand.

because everyone down south is fat and/or trash.

the ones that aren't even the ones that are a little rough around the edges are rocked up. no choice.

in the south women run ****. in the s outh I had to put up with **** i would never put up with now beucase there just aren't options. because there aren't options the realitivly hot ones, or even cute ones get away with all type of s hit; being a **** being a ***** it doesn't matter.

lol and on top of all that i'm black.

i can't relate to guys who walk the streets of LA and can't find a decent woman they are everywhere.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in the deep south and yes this is the norm. The ones that don't follow this playbook are generally the more left leaning chics who either get out of dodge or are covered in tats & pachulli oil.

THe good news is that here in the 30 something age, the first or second marriage is over and as long as you can "keep up appearances" you can do as you please privately. Swoop the cougar or hunt the young, that's your southern strategy.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine moved to Orange County a year or so ago. He had lived in the small town I'm from for all of his life. He recently broke up with the long term girlfriend he moved out there with. I talked to him last night. He was telling me that there just aren't fat people out there. The only fat people he sees are tourists. He has just discovered Plenty of Fish and his experience has been that it is an easy way to fvck all the hot b!tches he wants. He said that there are so many gay guys out there that women have a hard time finding a man. By the way, although he's in good physical shape, he's not tall, educated, or high status in any way. He works a minimum wage job and still has no problem getting laid.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
So does religion mitigate a woman's hypergamy? To me it initially seemed so. But after further examination, I realized that theory didn't really hold up. The South has the highest divorce rate in the country. It also has a higher than average rate of teen pregnancy.
To be fair, it also has more Blacks, who drive those rates WAY up. White southerners probably have higher rates of bad behavior than other whites...but not that much.

Interestingly, even with all the strong emphasis on family and the huge influence of religion, families are actually more dysfunctional in this climate. They are more dysfunctional than they are in places like New York and LA where women's hypergamic tendencies are pretty much unchecked.
I suspect the higher rates of religion and family are BECAUSE of the dysfunction. Close up that stuff isn't pretty and religion is one of the best ways to control man AND for man to control himself. With a front row seat where all the blood and spit gets on you you might want to clean yourself up better afterwards.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SOU GRAPES SON

So what if the guy is a forester. Your just a bad loser. She prefers her man to you, plus he's probably more hung than you.

For the record I am a forester - its a great job, who the hell are you to ty to put it down!?!?!

Would you rather read plastic newspapers or sit on chairs constructed of dog shiit?

A very very dumb take on a probably extremely happy coule couple.

Good luck to the forester and his very own blond *****

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
A friend of mine moved to Orange County a year or so ago. He had lived in the small town I'm from for all of his life. He recently broke up with the long term girlfriend he moved out there with. I talked to him last night. He was telling me that there just aren't fat people out there. The only fat people he sees are tourists. He has just discovered Plenty of Fish and his experience has been that it is an easy way to fvck all the hot b!tches he wants. He said that there are so many gay guys out there that women have a hard time finding a man. By the way, although he's in good physical shape, he's not tall, educated, or high status in any way. He works a minimum wage job and still has no problem getting laid.
He could be exaggerating. How different will it be do you really think?
Guys lie about this stuff all the time.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LA is pretty much the premium deli section of the North American meat market. Good-looking women leave the Southwest and South Central states for LA (not to mention Mexico, Korea, etc.). Compared to most US metro areas, LA is wildly overloaded with colleges and universities. But let's not confuse the student / yuppie crowd for the population in general. Native Californians are just as fat as the rest of the country, and not all of the migrant women looking for better opportunity are young and good looking.

So Cal is a tourist destination due to its climate and beaches, which also cause people to wear skimpy clothes most of the year. When out-of-towners come to LA, they have culture shock. They're not used to seeing women in so little clothing all the time. They mistake the show of flesh for a show of beauty. Especially since they're hanging out in places where people spend money, where you always expect to find an inordinate amount of gold diggers.

Just as out-of-town wh0res swarm to LA (and do the LA-Vegas run every week or month), out-of-town faggots swarm there too. And religious cults such as Morons. And every other pest looking to break the rules and then hide in the maggot-infested crowd. If there's any place on Earth where newcomers pour in to wipe their asses on the natives, it's LA.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyBaloney said:
SOU GRAPES SON

So what if the guy is a forester. Your just a bad loser. She prefers her man to you, plus he's probably more hung than you.

For the record I am a forester - its a great job, who the hell are you to ty to put it down!?!?!

Would you rather read plastic newspapers or sit on chairs constructed of dog shiit?

A very very dumb take on a probably extremely happy coule couple.

Good luck to the forester and his very own blond *****
My my, looks like I hit a nerve. Relax, there's no need to be so butt hurt. I never said there was anything wrong with being a forester. I don't hate on the guy for having a smokin hot wife....in fact I commend him.

What I did say is that I was surprised to find a rich girl who is entering a high status profession with a guy in a considerably lower status profession. That fact that you reacted so defensively would suggest that you have some insecurities about your job.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No - the fact that you were astounded by this dude's wife actually shows your deep rooted ignorance and bias towards manual jobs.

Remember a typical lumberjack would be 10 times more alpha than the average feminized city boy. (This is not directed at you), although I bet that guy would kick your ass in terms of alpha-ness ;)

Before, you start your rant: I am not a lumberjack.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
My my, looks like I hit a nerve. Relax, there's no need to be so butt hurt. I never said there was anything wrong with being a forester. I don't hate on the guy for having a smokin hot wife....in fact I commend him.

What I did say is that I was surprised to find a rich girl who is entering a high status profession with a guy in a considerably lower status profession. That fact that you reacted so defensively would suggest that you have some insecurities about your job.
Oh my god, your a male NPD.........

WTF is all this high status/low status rubbish?

I try to educate idiots like you who've been brainwashed into having the money/career obsession......dear oh dear...tut tut. If you had a shred of intelligence you would not have written such drivel as you have above.

I act strongly to posts that mock Men who work with their hands as you would mock comments calling you a jumped up n7gger/cracker - unacceptable comments should never be tolerated - serious re education needed Lexington!

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta tell you Lexington, I would tear you apart in the Game.

Reading your post over a couple of times indicates that you are still at the amateur stage, and really I should guide you rather than criticize.

You have no idea...ha..... i'd pull anything from you....and sticking my neck out here for criticism of being big headed, if I have correctly read who you are and what your about, it would give me no greater pleasure than to see a wannabe upperclass type like you have a woman that you like come purrring to my bed.

LEARN...

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyBaloney said:
Oh my god, your a male NPD.........

WTF is all this high status/low status rubbish?

I try to educate idiots like you who've been brainwashed into having the money/career obsession......dear oh dear...tut tut. If you had a shred of intelligence you would not have written such drivel as you have above.

I act strongly to posts that mock Men who work with their hands as you would mock comments calling you a jumped up n7gger/cracker - unacceptable comments should never be tolerated - serious re education needed Lexington!
Re-read my post. I never "mocked" your profession or people who work with their hands. That you have read all these things into what I typed would indicate that you are quite insecure about your job.

Medicine is generally considered to be a higher status profession than forestry. That's not an insult....it's a statement of fact. Most of us would agree that male attractiveness is some combination of looks, charisma and status. This is why I was surprised.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyBaloney said:
He didn't mock the profession. He told a truth. Truths can be unsettling to some people.

He also said the guy was pudgy and awkward and seemed to lack game.

Game is Game people. I don't care if you're a lumberjack, an investment banker, or a fukking 4-Star General. That gets you somewhere, but at some point you will have to know how to handle women. I worked on factory assembly lines when I was 18-20 and that didn't gain me one single notch. Maybe this guy in question is straight up Alpha behind closed doors - who knows. Let's not take a poster to the woodshed for making observations. We all have biases.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
Re-read my post. I never "mocked" your profession or people who work with their hands. That you have read all these things into what I typed would indicate that you are quite insecure about your job.

Medicine is generally considered to be a higher status profession than forestry. That's not an insult....it's a statement of fact. Most of us would agree that male attractiveness is some combination of looks, charisma and status. This is why I was surprised.

You STILL are blind to my point - that being, that "high status" is only in your perceived value.......and that your values are discriminatory based on what????

So a Dr works towards a PHD. I worked building my business. A Dr could cure you of a range of illnesses......I could cure my own by having time off whenever I want time off..... A Dr earns £200k a year....so do I......

A Dr has a small ****...I have a big ****.............

You have been factory farmed by the powers that be to look at one dimension, so you will be on the wheel the rest of your life and perhaps end your days early in your gilded cage that is your office....when I'm at home in bed with the biyatch playing hot summer daygame......... Too bad that you werent born with a creative mindset; apparently more desirable on an evolutionary psychological basis than IQ....WHY you ask....well women know that that brawn and a good imagination make better lovers than a robot computeroid office rat

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread. Usually this board is full of complaints about stupid, filthy women who are too moronic to cash in their chips while they still have value. They chase after bad boys, feel entitled to only the best looking and wealthiest men, and don't give a second look to many good, decent men with potential. They ride the c0ck carousel with alphas until they turn 30, when their value plummets overnight and the settle for living with a beta.

Here we have a case of Lex going to an area where those things don't seem to be happening, and the rest of the thread is spent trashing the south. It must be true when it comes to the internet, people are going to be negative about anything and everything.

I don't live in the south or the bible belt, but I do live in a semi-rural, fairly conservative area. I have said all along my experiences do not match up with a lot of what is said here. I wouldn't say most girls here are married by the time they're 25 or 26. But what I do see is a large mix of different kinds of attitudes toward dating. Some girls do the carousel thing, but most people tend to couple up. I definitely don't see a situation where it's only the top 10% of guys who can get laid. There's maybe 10% of guys who can't get laid.

It sounds like people in the south buy into the marriage tradition more readily, and the reason there are more divorces is that probably too many rush into it before they are ready.

By the way, I've been in southern California (LA and San Diego), and overal I was disappointed with how average most people looked. From everything I had heard I had expected most people to look like movie stars.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zekko usually i agree with you lock and step but on this i'm going to have to disagree.

There isn't a woman in my family that wasn't married with kids by the time they were in their mid 20's. Now that I think about it my mother is the only one who only had 1 kid by the time she was 25 (me). That's both sides of the family. Everyone else had more than 1.

I mean, they (for the most part) aren't stupid. 2 are military, one is a lawyer, my mom owns a little insurance gig thing and does pretty well selling different insurance coverages to different people. One is real estate and I got 3 cousins that are triplets and pretty much all of them are bums lol.

Of those, the real estate cousin is a true dime, anywhere. lol she's just too close of a cousin. she's like a REAL cousin like grew up with my mom cousin but my god she's hot. She's got a 19 year old daughter that's a smoke show. lol let me stop.

The rest aren't ugly.. i probably wouldn't call the triplets attractive but the rest are.

Every last one of them. Kids. It's EXPECTED.

the men are really not that much different either. Everyone thought i was giong to marry the girl I brought home when I was 21, we dated for a while and i just wasn't feeling it. I "need to settle down".. 21 freaking years old. This is what's expected. My father, who is the player of players, married my mom when he was 22. It's what you do. it's what's expected.

Warrior is spot on. You got to be borderline robbing cradles to get true talent before it's rocked up. There aren't very many libero minded women down in the south. Most girls generally have their husbands lined up by time they are out of college or there about.

Even when I was having success, it was "picking through the vines" success. Amber the hot black chick i dated i got her out of a 6 year relationship. but she hooked up with her dude when she was 19. i met her when she was 25/26. there aren't any chicks in the south, at least the hot ones, that just.. date. that aren't trash or damaged goods. The hot ones know they are hot and are expected to marry and so they do and they marry quite well usually.

**** the best ass i got while living in little rock was when I was deep into NA/AA.. they were using drugs so long they didn't have husbands and **** but now they were cleaned up and looking for **** lol. The cloest thing to a liberal minded chick I ever met in little rock that just wasn't open to getting marreid and was a true smoke show i met in NA and she was 20 and was hot enough to be hot out here in LA but the only reason she wasn 't into marriage is beucase she felt she didn't live life enough yet to be married. wouldn't be suprised if she's married by now

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyBaloney said:
You STILL are blind to my point - that being, that "high status" is only in your perceived value.......and that your values are discriminatory based on what????
If you walked out onto the street and asked 20 random people what the higher status job was between a doctor and a forester, how many people would seriously say forester?

Yes, people have different values. But like I said, IN GENERAL medicine is considered to be a higher status job than forestry.

That fact that you have gotten your panties in such a bunch over this betrays that you are in fact quite insecure about your job. I never said anything to insult forestry.

I'm glad you are happy with your job. But the fact is, medicine is by in large perceived to be a higher status profession than forestry. That's nothing to get upset about.

The CEO of Goldman Sachs is a higher status job than being a schoolteacher. That doesn't mean being a schoolteacher is necessarily a bad thing. But it is what it is.

A Dr has a small ****...I have a big ****.............
Another comment about penis size! Seems like you're insecure about something else as well......

You have been factory farmed by the powers that be to look at one dimension, so you will be on the wheel the rest of your life and perhaps end your days early in your gilded cage that is your office....when I'm at home in bed with the biyatch playing hot summer daygame......... Too bad that you werent born with a creative mindset; apparently more desirable on an evolutionary psychological basis than IQ....WHY you ask....well women know that that brawn and a good imagination make better lovers than a robot computeroid office rat
And you've inferred all of this from my simple statement of fact that medicine is a higher status profession than forestry?

It's okay, I know that inconvenient truths can hurt sometimes....

B

BeDJ

Low income areas have more churches than other areas. The majority of people there are not career oriented and are content with making what they do to get by. Settling down early is the norm.

I've lived in a low income area for years. Although there are few exceptions, most people are happy making ends meet, knowing they have someone to come home to.