My ex contacted me three months after NC

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brief overview:

She broke up with me
I tried to remain friends with her, saw her twice
Realized it was pointless and it was causing me too much pain, I went NC
Saw her once at my climbing gym, she engaged me, I was somewhat cold (very straight to the point, not chatty)
She sent me a text two days later asking me if I was alright, which I ignored
I am now seeing a new girl, after having dated a few, things are great with new girl
Yesterday, my ex wrote to me, roughly saying "I noticed you unfriended me from FB, that's cool, I respect that. I was thinking of you last week, I hope your trip went well. Besos". - Such a pointless message, there is clearly a motive behind it.
I ignored that message as well.

Now, why do you guys think she contacted me again? Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass about her anymore. I'm just curious to understand her motives.

She wonders why I am not chasing? Is seeking validation? Nostalgic? etc.

ErnestHenley

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there before. They just want a reaction out of you. Essentially you've flipped things on her now and shown that you've moved on and left her behind and she wants none of that. You are not the chumpy orbiter she thought she could keep around. Woman are possessive of their guys in any relationship take my best female friend when new females are introduced to our social circle, she is all over me almost like a scent marking.

What did I do in this situation? I did nothing. It is funny how we underestimate how powerful doing nothing is.

Sino Zane

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few things come to mind:

She could have felt that she could do better than you, but when that didn't pan out, she decided that you would have to do.

She has no other options and is hitting you up as a plan B.

She may actually miss you.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh well these are all things that came to mind, to be honest. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter. I have moved on, I find someone else (with whom I am much more compatible), I have greatly improved myself since the break-up, and most importantly (although this does nothing but serve the ego):

I won the break-up. She reached out twice (whatever the reason) and twice I have ignored her.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! You'll hear from her again...or get a phone call.