Memorial Day: Overhyped Beach vs College Bar Graduation

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tagging @SW15 pre-emptively because I know the holidays and time of year stuff is up his alley.

I'm on the fence about the better way to spend this upcoming holiday weekend. I don't know nearly enough about the sentiment surrounding it to have a good idea of where I should spend my time and money and I'm out there to meet and f*** women.

Option A: Dewey Beach, even though I assume nobody else on this forum is from Delaware, this is THE spot for most of Delaware to go during the summer or certain holidays (Memorial Day, St. Patty's, etc). I went a few years ago and there were tons of people, but as is per usual, the ratio is generally overwhelmingly sausage with a couple of decent girls here and there and a VERY small handful of hot girls who are usually already in relationships since they're the hot sh** in this crappy little state. These girls are already posting on Instagram in their little USA bikinis and sh** on boats, at the beach, or at the bars. BUT, as has been my experience previously...these girls basically don't exist, because the ratio will be ABSOLUTELY f***ed, and finding them will be like finding gold in California. And as I mentioned with sentiment thing, not sure if these girls are there to meet anybody or if they're just here for likes, attention, and to celebrate the summer or whatever.

Couple that with the fact that it's a 2-hour drive, long wait times in lines for these bars, rainy forecasts scheduled for the weekend, and nowhere to stay yet since my friends are all staying with their friends and it's not the most attractive idea so far...but it's a hot-girl-holiday so there's that.

Option B: Staying in town and going to the college bar that I usually visit. Except now, graduation is this weekend, and a lot of people have already left. I was there last night and the ratio wasn't great, there were a couple of families there for their kids, and by the end of the night all these girls are crying because they were leaving their friends...so not so sure if it's just gonna continue being that, but worse, as more and more people head home. There also weren't really any cute girls that I haven't already f***ed or shot my shot with, so the prospect pool is kinda small and there's nobody anywhere near the caliber of the girl I made that post about 2 weeks ago.

But it's close to home, my drinks will be free, I have FWBs in the area, and I won't be struggling to get into the gym before it closes on Monday. There's just not a great outlook when it comes to new p****.

I don't know if you guys have any good/bad stories about Memorial Day weekend living up to/not living up to its hype and whether it's worth putting the thought and effort into potentially making a trip to a beach.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about the better way to spend this upcoming holiday weekend. I don't know nearly enough about the sentiment surrounding it to have a good idea of where I should spend my time and money and I'm out there to meet and f*** women.

Option A: Dewey Beach, even though I assume nobody else on this forum is from Delaware, this is THE spot for most of Delaware to go during the summer or certain holidays (Memorial Day, St. Patty's, etc). I went a few years ago and there were tons of people, but as is per usual, the ratio is generally overwhelmingly sausage with a couple of decent girls here and there and a VERY small handful of hot girls who are usually already in relationships since they're the hot sh** in this crappy little state. These girls are already posting on Instagram in their little USA bikinis and sh** on boats, at the beach, or at the bars. BUT, as has been my experience previously...these girls basically don't exist, because the ratio will be ABSOLUTELY f***ed, and finding them will be like finding gold in California. And as I mentioned with sentiment thing, not sure if these girls are there to meet anybody or if they're just here for likes, attention, and to celebrate the summer or whatever.

Couple that with the fact that it's a 2-hour drive, long wait times in lines for these bars, rainy forecasts scheduled for the weekend, and nowhere to stay yet since my friends are all staying with their friends and it's not the most attractive idea so far...but it's a hot-girl-holiday so there's that.

Option B: Staying in town and going to the college bar that I usually visit. Except now, graduation is this weekend, and a lot of people have already left. I was there last night and the ratio wasn't great, there were a couple of families there for their kids, and by the end of the night all these girls are crying because they were leaving their friends...so not so sure if it's just gonna continue being that, but worse, as more and more people head home. There also weren't really any cute girls that I haven't already f***ed or shot my shot with, so the prospect pool is kinda small and there's nobody anywhere near the caliber of the girl I made that post about 2 weeks ago.

But it's close to home, my drinks will be free, I have FWBs in the area, and I won't be struggling to get into the gym before it closes on Monday. There's just not a great outlook when it comes to new p****.
Option B sounds like the better option to me. Option A seems like it would be better in theory, but the practical logistical elements, including ratios, make it seem like it would end up being a shiit show in reality and not enjoyable.

Neither option is really a good option. They are both bad options and Option B seems less bad because of avoiding crowds and a long drive.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Option B sounds like the better option to me. Option A seems like it would be better in theory, but the practical logistical elements, including ratios, make it seem like it would end up being a shiit show in reality and not enjoyable.

Neither option is really a good option. They are both bad options and Option B seems less bad because of avoiding crowds and a long drive.
At a glance most of these hotels are starting out around $200/night for this weekend too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tagging @SW15 pre-emptively because I know the holidays and time of year stuff is up his alley.
The thread below is why you tagged me. The thread below has information about holidays and other specific days and their effect upon getting laid. I don't recall Memorial Day weekend ever being mentioned much in this thread.

At a glance most of these hotels are starting out around $200/night for this weekend too.
That costs too much, even for an employed guy with a decent salary. You might have gotten a better deal had you booked many weeks ago. However, with the sausage fest ratios, there isn't a great incentive to book earlier.

That cost is out of the question for a guy who lives at home with his parents.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanted to update this one for this 4th of July weekend.

This time I have some friends who already have a place that allowed me to come split it with them, but I'm still on the fence.

On one hand, I haven't done s*** all summer because Delaware is dry aside from this beach that everybody's gonna be at this weekend.

On the other hand, it's $216 to split a 1-star hotel that's within walking distance of the bars, however long spent waiting in line, however much spent at the bar, and probably about $60ish in gas each way before tolls.

Could be a lot of fun, will probably be a good amount of girls, though I do expect an overwhelming amount of guys, as per usual. Think this one is worth considering or probably sitting in the same bin as most holiday weekends?

If I don't go I don't really have any backup plans, so there's that too. Tagging @SW15 since this is in your wheelhouse I'd imagine.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both A and B seems better than staying at home uber swiping on 5s and 4s untill your index finger hurts.....

Beach day, little party afterwards..beats staying at home alone imo.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both A and B seems better than staying at home uber swiping on 5s and 4s untill your index finger hurts.....

Beach day, little party afterwards..beats staying at home alone imo.
Nah skip the OP, I’m considering a different event here above.

Take a look at that one and let me know how much you’d be willing to spend for a weekend at a Delaware beach bar town.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score

This time I have some friends who already have a place that allowed me to come split it with them, but I'm still on the fence.

On one hand, I haven't done s*** all summer because Delaware is dry aside from this beach that everybody's gonna be at this weekend.

On the other hand, it's $216 to split a 1-star hotel that's within walking distance of the bars, however long spent waiting in line, however much spent at the bar, and probably about $60ish in gas each way before tolls.

Could be a lot of fun, will probably be a good amount of girls, though I do expect an overwhelming amount of guys, as per usual. Think this one is worth considering or probably sitting in the same bin as most holiday weekends?

If I don't go I don't really have any backup plans, so there's that too. Tagging @SW15 since this is in your wheelhouse I'd imagine.
I feel like you're really overthinking it man. If you haven't done stuff all summer yet and we're already almost in July, I would literally do anything to just go outside.. like any plan should be good at that point lol. Why not just go where all the girls usually are though? If you really want to meet someone and smash some yams

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There's a good chance that it will be a shiitshow, but you don't have much of an alternative. Splitting a hotel isn't great because of logistics. Need privacy for sex.

Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something if the something will be a shiitshow.

Is this going to be a sausagefest with a low probability of getting poontang?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like you're really overthinking it man. If you haven't done stuff all summer yet and we're already almost in July, I would literally do anything to just go outside.. like any plan should be good at that point lol. Why not just go where all the girls usually are though? If you really want to meet someone and smash some yams
There's a good chance that it will be a shiitshow, but you don't have much of an alternative. Splitting a hotel isn't great because of logistics. Need privacy for sex.

Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something if the something will be a shiitshow.

Is this going to be a sausagefest with a low probability of getting poontang?
Problem is the more I itemize it the less attractive it sounds;

$216 for a 1-star hotel split with 3 guys for 2 nights, $60 each way in gas, $50 for parking for the weekend, $6-7 per drink and like 45 minutes ish in line to get in…

In about 3 weeks my family and I all go to Ocean City for a week, and usually I get some action in there since I have my own room during the fun nights, plus we know the good bars and are out drinking each day of the week.

To Razor, problem is there really aren’t many places to go where there will be people, let alone hot girls right now. I gotta wait for the school year to roll back around, but at 29 I’m starting to look like an old man to some of these girls when I tell them my age.

So it’s mostly a matter of whether a weekend at the beach is worth a couple hundred dollars for what will probably be a sausage fest with a couple cuties mixed in. Unfortunately this is probably the ONLY place these cuties will be this weekend.

Idk, Delaware sucks. This is why we’re the drive thru state.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah skip the OP, I’m considering a different event here above.

Take a look at that one and let me know how much you’d be willing to spend for a weekend at a Delaware beach bar town.
I havent been to a party yet this year. Thinking about going to a big local festival and chase some tail there..

You dont have other options so you might as well go..spend some money sometimes..a man gotta relax too ya know.

Yiu guys dont have bed and breakfast types of arrangements? Those places tend to have hippy chicks too and its way ,way cheaper.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delaware sucks. This is why we’re the drive thru state.
Can you drive yourself to a bar district in Philadelphia and try to do approaches/seductions there? @nicksaiz65 travels to Nashville weekly from a smaller town outside of it in order to approach and seduce.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look brother.

When you go to such an event you wanna make sure you make it about YOU rather than making it about women. Women are the byproduct.

-you gonna have a good time with some homies
- you're going on a vacation.
- you pick a club with music you like
- you might even hit a hooker if that's your thing

And at the end of all this who knows if you'll meet some nice women on top of all of this.

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m probably not gonna go, I can’t justify ~$500 to be in a crowd of guys for a weekend trying to pick a needle out of a hay stack. It would be fun to see some of my friends sure, but I think it’s too expensive to do so.

Can you drive yourself to a bar district in Philadelphia and try to do approaches/seductions there? @nicksaiz65 travels to Nashville weekly from a smaller town outside of it in order to approach and seduce.
What, like daygame? I mean I could drive there sure but I don’t see much of a point in going to Philly during the day and just approaching girls if I gotta drive back later.

Yeah I could stay out and drink but if that’s the case why wouldn’t I just go out for the nightlife? And the whole reason I don’t do that in Philly already is because driving home after drinking doesn’t sound like a great idea and I have nowhere to stay if I don’t end up at a girl’s.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m probably not gonna go, I can’t justify ~$500 to be in a crowd of guys for a weekend trying to pick a needle out of a hay stack. It would be fun to see some of my friends sure, but I think it’s too expensive to do so.

What, like daygame? I mean I could drive there sure but I don’t see much of a point in going to Philly during the day and just approaching girls if I gotta drive back later.

Yeah I could stay out and drink but if that’s the case why wouldn’t I just go out for the nightlife? And the whole reason I don’t do that in Philly already is because driving home after drinking doesn’t sound like a great idea and I have nowhere to stay if I don’t end up at a girl’s.
This is the issue with most men. They look at things merely black or white. No full colour spectrum. Its either spend money ,get guaranteed pvssy, or stay at home . No in betweens.

You should just wanna hang out with your homies and have some fun. If you dont have the money or don't.wanna spend it oke. But I am sure if you adjust your "goal" you can spend way less money to have a even better time...just gottta be creative and make it ,I'll repeat, about YOU.

Would be fun if most men get scared to go because "sausage fest" and all stay home while some uber Chads and Tyrones clean house that weekend because there were more women than men..

-instead of a hotel get a hostel ,student type of hotel, a bed and breakfast place or find someone who rents room .

- get a little tipsy before you go out.

- find something else to do in that area. Gotta be something right?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

When I made the suggestion to go to Philly, I was thinking of it more in terms of nightlife venue approaching.

You could go to Philly for a 2-3 hour daygame session on a weekend and set up dates there for future days.

In Philly, in a nightlife session, you could either sleep in your car or get a hotel room.

Would be fun if most men get scared to go because "sausage fest" and all stay home while some uber Chads and Tyrones clean house that weekend because there were more women than men..
If something is suspected to be a sausagefest, it usually turns out in actuality to be a sausagefest.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL at daygaming in the place where they boo Santa Claus.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL at daygaming in the place where they boo Santa Claus.
People who attend pro sports games are not the same as the general populace. There are plenty of women who live in Philadelphia who don't give a flying fucck about spectator sports.

The people booing Santa Claus were drunk and/or overweight men.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People who attend pro sports games are not the same as the general populace. There are plenty of women who live in Philadelphia who don't give a flying fucck about spectator sports.

The people booing Santa Claus were drunk and/or overweight men.
Ya but Philly is a gritty city, even more brusque than NYC. A brusque environment only works if you're on an island filled with female midwest transplants (i.e., Manhattan)