Mayweather rant

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only saw part of it but WOW. I like the guy as a fighter but as a decent person he does not qualify. I mean he's a fighter so he doesn't have to be the best person ever but still, his kids are gonna see that vid and as their primary inspiration, you have to figure they'll think it's "cool" and be edged towards being a$$holes themselves. That's really the last thing we need around here is more a$$holes.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
He's no Ali.
On the contrary. He might be this generations Ali. If not for nam Ali's statements might have been in the same light and he wouldn't of been stripped of his title.

realtalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow... up until i watched this, he was my favourite fighter.

i'm asian by the way, so he just directly offended me

seriously floyd, stop talking **** and fight already. if you're that bad ass then beat pacquiao and nobody will say ****..

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
On the contrary. He might be this generations Ali. If not for nam Ali's statements might have been in the same light and he wouldn't of been stripped of his title.
Nah. My father always said this of Ali, he's got a mouth, but behind it, he's got class. This is no class.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well "Money" Mayweather is in jail now for grand larceny. I think hes gonna be there for a monte. I'm definitely not in his camp anymore but do you think he comes back stronger from jail or gets shanked inside?

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Floyd isnt in jail that article is 16 days old.

According to 50 cent's twitter, floyd is free and happy with his new girl. That's more reliable than any news agency...

Apparently the story is that he she claimed he hit him and took her ipod. For a guy that makes 20 mil a year grand larceny for an ipod is an interesting charge. She made similiar claims that he hit her before aswell, and dropped the case right before it went to court apparently. Clearly the girl is just a pain in the ass.

Floyd #1.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Floyd isnt in jail that article is 16 days old.

According to 50 cent's twitter, floyd is free and happy with his new girl. That's more reliable than any news agency...

Apparently the story is that he she claimed he hit him and took her ipod. For a guy that makes 20 mil a year grand larceny for an ipod is an interesting charge. She made similiar claims that he hit her before aswell, and dropped the case right before it went to court apparently. Clearly the girl is just a pain in the ass.

Floyd #1.
You saying Floyd is #1, is like you thinking you own the streets of your neighborhood even though you haven't even fought the bully next door.

We don't know if Floyd or Pacquaio is #1. But we do know this, Floyd is afraid of fighting Pacquaio and that says a lot.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Floyd has no reason to pressure himself and prove anything by fighting pac.

He has more to lose, he doesn't need to risk it. He's already at the top, i think he will fight him when he needs it.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Floyd has no reason to pressure himself and prove anything by fighting pac.

He has more to lose, he doesn't need to risk it. He's already at the top, i think he will fight him when he needs it.
Of course he has more to lose, since he is putting his on undefeated record on the line.

But you cannot seriously say he is at the top, to be the man, you have to BEAT the man.

You say he will fight Pacquaio on his own timetable, fair enough, but Floyd better not go around saying he is the *best.* To keep your Alpha status, you have to continually beat down other challengers, that's how it works with dogs, and that's how it works with men. Since Floyd keeps skirting the challenger, his Alpha status is now in question, as it should be.

CrashOverRide

Don Juan
Reaction score
The interesting thing is that Floyd always ends up eventually fighting these guys everyone says he is ducking and defeating them.... He did this Diego Corrales way back when....., then he beat Ricky Hatton who was undefeated at the time... and most recently everyone said he wouldn't fight Shane Mosley but he ended up beating him as well

The Pac fight is intriguing though.... Pac just might be equal with Floyd in Speed and footwork... I'd give Pac the edge in power but Floyd the edge in defense

Very compelling matchup....

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CrashOverRide said:
The interesting thing is that Floyd always ends up eventually fighting these guys everyone says he is ducking and defeating them.... He did this Diego Corrales way back when....., then he beat Ricky Hatton who was undefeated at the time... and most recently everyone said he wouldn't fight Shane Mosley but he ended up beating him as well
Yes, it could very well be that Mayweather would prevail against Pacquiao in the fight.

However, Mayweather's attitude of running and avoiding the fight is not the mindset of a champion.

I never heard of Kobe Bryant wishing that it wasn't the Celtics he was facing in the finals. In fact, he relished the thought of vanquishing his biggest rival, he wanted to go through the Celtics en route to the title.

Leeds_Lad_Dom

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO pac man would win, plus i like him more as a person, his childlife makes living in 'rough' parts of america seem like going to disneyland