Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lost my job, Feeling low.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just landed an awesome job the other day and was really psych'd on it. First day went great and I got along with all of the co-workers. Then as I was about to hop on the train down to work today I got a phone call from one of the middle management people.

They told me they had over-hired and my position was no longer available. This didn't make any sense to me at all since I was 100% qualified to be working there. My major in college completely relates with the work, and most of the people working there were just highschool grads.. But I was offered the possibility of moving up the ladder to bigger work when I went for my interview.

At the end of my first day, the floor manager even told me I had a great work ethic and a great personality for the job, thanking me for applying. I was stoked since I never had a manager say this to me before.. And most of the time I hated my managers but I got along great with this one.

I'm just really confused and kinda depressed right now.. I know it's not the end of the world, but I was always taught if you have a strong work ethic and get along great with your fellow employees then you keep the job. I'm sure I was more qualified than the other 3 people that got hired with me too.

Has anyone else ever gone through this? Before I just worked in restaurants 50 hours a week doing absolutely nothing with my life.. I finally felt that I was moving up and improving my career by going back to college and working in this office doing campaign work. I really don't want to go back into the restaurant business, but it seems like it's my only option right now.

Ugh .. This fvcking sucks! I'm late on rent now too and had to borrow some money from my grandma to pay it. I promised I'd pay her back and I have about $30 to my name! So stressed out right now. I feel like robbing a bank.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! I'm sorry for you. Bad juju for sure.

First of all, would you ever want to go to work for them in the future? Do you think they would rehire you if there was an opening?

Consider filing for unemployment to get by. Especially if there is an issue with your rent at the moment.

TRY to stay positive and keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck brother.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know how you feel man.

reminds me when I applied at reputable Airline booking company. The 2 people who interviewed me loved my background and attitude. I even knew a few hotties that worked their and they even put in a good word for me.

Well it came down to me and one other person. unfortuantely i knew the other candidate and he had a better sales record than myself.

Let me tell you I was pissed off that I didnt get the job and pissed off that even though I put my best foot forward.

I enetered the inteview with big smile. very receptive. even made the people who interviewed me cry and laugh within 5 minutes.

But now I chalk it up to the game. I look at jobs just like women. you will go through 10, 30 100 interviews but none of them choose you. even though you have the qualities, drive and future.

Dont get angry or depressed. just keep plugging away and dont look back.

Eventually, some awesome company will see your qualifications and will beg you to work for them.

Dont worry Be happy.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PokerStar said:
i know how you feel man.

reminds me when I applied at reputable Airline booking company. The 2 people who interviewed me loved my background and attitude. I even knew a few hotties that worked their and they even put in a good word for me.

Well it came down to me and one other person. unfortuantely i knew the other candidate and he had a better sales record than myself.

Let me tell you I was pissed off that I didnt get the job and pissed off that even though I put my best foot forward.

I enetered the inteview with big smile. very receptive. even made the people who interviewed me cry and laugh within 5 minutes.

But now I chalk it up to the game. I look at jobs just like women. you will go through 10, 30 100 interviews but none of them choose you. even though you have the qualities, drive and future.

Dont get angry or depressed. just keep plugging away and dont look back.

Eventually, some awesome company will see your qualifications and will beg you to work for them.

Dont worry Be happy.
Thanks PokerStar. I like how you relate the situation to game lol. You're right, I can't let my environment affect my inner game and I just gotta keep on keepin on.. But the stress of money issues is really getting to me. Luckily I called a buddy who does construction work and he said he could help me out with a few upcoming jobs and I would get paid at the end of the day for each one, so I guess I can get by on that for now.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Landing jobs is a numbers' game, if you are good at anything.
You apply for a lot of openings, you go to many interviews, you get rejected over and over again, you don't accept some offers, time passes etc. and then you find a nice job. Sounds familiar?

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the real world man. Go through that enough times and you'll understand why its better to find your talent and be your own boss.