Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Long Distance Relationship Issue

mvin10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I started talking to my girl the week she graduated from our College, but she moved away shortly after graduation. I stayed in contact over the summer and when school started back for me we started to get more serious and after 9 months of "dating" we made our relationship official. Though we are both from the city, we were over 1000 miles apart. I was still in college while she was working and this was extremely tough. Though we managed to see each other once a month. Now I've graduated and we're both back in town experiencing a sort normal relationship for the summer. The dilemma is I'm moving away for a year to a different city. I kind of dont want to go through this long distance situation anymore, but I've realized that I really love her and next week it will be 6 months since we've been together. I almost want to just breakup with the idea that we'll pick up our relationship when I get back, but feel like its a cop out. I just don't want to feel like I'm missing out on being young dude wanting to get with every chick I see lol while being in a serious relationship in which I'm separated from my girlfriend. What should I do?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Quit while you're ahead. Leave her wanting more. Then in a year you can pick it back up with the same level of passion as when you ended it. Otherwise, the distance will make feelings fade away slowly and then there will be nothing left to pick up later.

mvin10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I just don't want her to hate for it cuz I know she wants to continue the relationship when I move and continue to visit me, but she knows that it's not something she wants to do either. Its hard to know what we should do cuz we do love each other.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate to break it to you bro, but either choice you make, the relationship is doomed to fail. long distance relationships just dont work. especially the fact you are going to be 1000 miles apart for over a year. i've been in the situation before, the girl i was with we were together over 3 years. you have only been with this girl 6 months! i've had longer relationships with cartons of milk in my refridgerator. my girl ended up cheating on me after about 3 months apart. the biggest mistake i made was forgiving her and trying to make it work for another year after that. my advice would be to just break up and persue other options, cause like you said, you dont want to miss out on being young in a new city.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mvin10 said:
Its hard to know what we should do cuz we do love each other.
If she is in love with you, then she'd marry you right now, quit her job, and follow you like a good wife. Otherwise, her career will always be more important to her than you.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed with the above......she will be banging guys when youre gone anyway.....get out there to experience more girls..have fun..youre only young once

Hakuna

Don Juan
Reaction score
Break it off, stay friends, avoid getting Oneitis, and see other girls.

Unless you're already spinning other plates, don't break it off right now otherwise you're bound to get caught up in emotional dependency.

mvin10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll see what happens from now until I have to move. Another thing I forgot to mention is that at the beginning of our relationship, I gave a deadline; if by our anniversary we still weren't together in the same place, we should break up. I have six months till then lol