Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LISTEN!! Stop going to bars, stop going to clubs and instead

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GO SALSA DANCING!

Every weekend in America (and most other places) countless guys will head on over to hip hop clubs hoping to meet women, get numbers, dance with women. What usually happens is that you have a bunch of guys standing with drink in hand, watching other guys dancing with their girlfriends, or watching "girls night out" circles where women only dance with themselves and kick any guy that tries to break in to the curb.

You spot a hot girl, go on and try to "dance" with her hoping to get some grinding action only to be turned away. You end up going back to standing around to watch the crowd with your buddies, getting another drink. This cycle repeats itself over and over again for YEARS.

A good night is getting some good grinding action or getting a #. Most of the time you might not get anything but at least you went "clubbin" and had some "fun" right??

Does the above sound familiar? Is this YOU??? Is this YOU THIS WEEKEND?? (and the next one, and the next one and so forth) ;)

Not ashamed to admit it that used to be me every week and by the grace of God, the universe, destiny or whatever you want to call it I found salsa.

Why should you start salsa dancing? I will give you the scoop below.

TOP 7 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DO SALSA VS HIP HOP CLUBS OR BARS

1. In salsa everyone dances with everyone: There I said it. Salsa is a partner dance but you don't need to go to a club with a partner. Girls stand on the sidelines waiting for guys to ask them to dance, and sometimes they will ask you! Compare this to the sloots at the hip hop clubs that will turn you away the moment you get close to them hoping to do some grinding or just "dance" with them. In salsa women actually want to dance with men because they can't dance salsa by themselves!

It is a heaven vs hell difference. In 1 night of salsa dancing you will probably dance with more women than 30 guys at a hip hop club (and that's so sad these guys are wasting their money at these places). Because when you think about it most of these clubs have 30+ guys standing around with drink on their hand doing nothing and never even touching a woman all night.

2. Salsa is physical, sensual: There's a lot A LOT of touching in salsa (like i mentioned above). You always read about problems guys have with kino but to us salsa dancers touching women is as natural as touching our hair.

Salsa trains you to handle women like an alpha male. If you are shy with women it is guaranteed to turn you into a pro at handling women. We touch so many women every night it's insane when you look at it from a hip hop clubin guy's point of view.

Because there is so much kino in salsa it makes it way way easier to get women. I know plenty of womanizers and these guys are not what you would expect. Short, ugly, not very good looking, these guys have nothing you don't have except that they have been dancing for some time. The ones I know are HORRIBLE dancers you don't even need to be good to be a womanizer in salsa. I guess you can say another difference between you and them is that their smart and you're spending your weekend nights somewhere besides salsa clubs.

It is inevitable that you will become a womanizer if you stay in salsa because there is so much kino going on.
I know it sounds too good to be true but it is. In fact probably the #1 reason why most guys might not like to talk about salsa it so to keep women to themselves! Let those other guys stay at their sausage fests at hip hop clubs! ;)

3. BACHATA!: Salsa is not all they dance at salsa clubs. Bachata is another form of latin dance. It is a slower, more sensual type of dance that you dance closer to your partner.

Watch some Bachata dancing below to get an idea. Do you really want to keep spending your time at hip hop clubs when you could be doing THIS with hot girls at salsa clubs??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGCgQ5Bdfs

Bachata does come with a warning. There is so much close contact in it that it can put a spell on either you or her. It took me a while to be able to dance bachata correctly as it is difficult not to get aroused when dancing so close to a woman. You'll get better as you practice but because she is rubbin against you some women are really good at getting you hard watch out..

If you learn to dance Bachata well you can get pretty much any girl you want. So much kino going on in this dance it can overpower even the toughest woman. But like I said earlier this goes both ways don't be surprised if you end up falling for women you dance Bachata with as well. It's a dangerous dance ha.

4. Salsa solves all your meeting women problems: Unlike hip hop clubs which are sausage fests in salsa clubs the # of women and men are more evenly distributed. In fact a lot if not most of the times there are more women! For salsa lessons there just aren't enough guys to go around most of the time! (but I guess all those guys at hip hop clubs standing with drinks in their hand are too scared to do some real dancing and touch a woman) ;)

There are just so many women in salsa clubs (and so few guys taking advantage) that it's almost crazy.

5. Salsa is very open, friendly, welcoming: Alglo/European culture is known for being a bit "cold." You gotta earn trust but salsa comes from Latin Culture which is very open, friendly, welcoming. There's no need to earn trust people are welcoming and friendly to you without knowing you. The night you step into a salsa club you will make friends and meet people.

It's just a very social and open atmosphere unlike hip hop clubs and bars. Another reason for this would be the human touch involved. In salsa there is a lot of touching and touching is energy transfer, touching is human.

This gets to my other point

6. Salsa improves you as a whole/makes you more human: Not only will it kill your shyness with women/build up your confidence for the rest of your life but it also makes you a better human being.

Salsa is very social and open and you will become more of a social person because of it. Your social circle is guaranteed to get bigger and bigger (I meet new people almost every week I have trouble remembering names) but you will become more human. It will help you become more human because you are always touching people. It's the opposite of the facebook generation. Salsa is as human as it gets.

Salsa is like toastmasters but for the human being. It truly improves you and makes you more open, friendlier, social, more confidence. If you were to decide between toastmasters and salsa you should take salsa.

7. Salsa is fun!: Last but not least Latin dancing is just way more fun. I wouldn't go to a hip hop club or bar even if you paid me. I would be wasting my life there when I could be dancing the night away with beautiful women. Why would I want to trade that away??

Salsa becomes more fun as you learn and develop your dancing. You will think it is fun when you start but it gets better.

HOW TO START SALSA

1. Google salsa clubs in your town: Most clubs give you a beginner lesson that comes with the cover charge! In these lessons you are guaranteed to meet women. In fact in a lot of these lessons there are just never enough guys to partner up with the girls! After the lesson the social dancing starts so what you do is ask those same girls that you were in the lesson with to dance. It's a great way to build up your dance confidence by learning with girls at your same level.

Salsa clubs usually tend to be cheaper than hip hop clubs even with the lesson! No reason why you shouldn't try it out.

2. Google salsa lessons: Yes you can learn the basics of salsa with the free lessons the clubs give you but if you truly want to learn how to dance you need to pay for some lessons. The investment is well worth it in terms of how much fun you will have/your confidence improvement/all the women you will get once you become decent. Salsa classes will do more for your confidence with women than anything you read on sosuave.

Last edited:

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you are Latino that music sounds like sh1t dude.

But yeah if you are only trying to pickup and you are so desperate for sex that you will go out somewhere to embarass the sh1t out of yourself then you could do worse than a salsa club.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
Unless you are Latino that music sounds like sh1t dude.
All you said seems to be spoken out of ignorance and fear it seems. No need to be negative.

1. In regards to your first point. Salsa is more diverse than your average hip hop club. Because of salsa I have friends from asian decent, indian decent, african decent, eastern european decent, you name it. I always wanted to have a diverse group of friend and I got it thanks to salsa.

I know that's the first misconception that people have about salsa (being it only latino). Step into a salsa club and see the people around and you will be surprised. Salsa is always growing (specially among the white and asian demographic). You will find that most of the women dancing are not even latinas in most places.
But yeah if you are only trying to pickup and you are so desperate for sex that you will go out somewhere to embarass the sh1t out of yourself then you could do worse than a salsa club.
2. There's a beginners salsa lesson at the beginning of most dance nights. And as with everything in life that involves improving yourself you have to practice. It is only embarrassing at first first because of your lack of confidence in yourself but as you dance more it will go away. Salsa improves your confidence greatly.

Don't think people are watching you nobody cares. I used to have the same feeling (that i was being watched) but in reality salsa people are the friendliest people you will ever meet. Nobody is watching you or cares about your dancing. In fact you will find the opposite which is girls helping you out, guys giving you tips. It's a great community.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
FS: I'm a break dance and liquid pop instructor. I'm not speaking out of ignorance, I literally hate salsa music, it sounds like a bunch of horns and other garbage that don't have any solid pattern to dance to.

FEAR? Fvck if you don't have any FEAR then you aren't doing it right or you aren't any good. When I get on, the spot light is on ME or ME and my dance partner, if we suck, we deserve the shame. Yes people are watching you when you dance. I also don't like Hip Hop clubs though, they attract thugs and posers, prefer places they play electronic music. Raves are an awesome venue to learn to dance at because the people there go to DANCE and they'll be happy to show you stuff that will blow people away at nightclubs.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why the hell are you guys wasting your time dancing when you could be doing a martial art instead

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Trying doing martial arts in a nightclub or on a dance floor, you look like a queer.

( I also practice martial arts but not for the night club. )

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTEzMzA3ODIw.html <-- This is dancing 2013.

Breakdance and its various associated styles is way more fun and mainstream, you need to put in some effort to learn but its fun and will keep you in shape. Plus the music is WICKED... I love hanging out with my friends at the club and dominating the dance floor for hours.

Regarding fear, man I get butterflies to this day because I know, even in a crowded nightclub, once I get on, the DJ is going to stop the music and start a WAR because guys like me give him social proof. No matter where I am, heads turn... its a bit different then being at a salsa club where everyone CANT dance and everyone else knows it.

Ask yourself, who do you want to be? The guy blowing the crowds away or the guy trying to hold his sh1t together in the crowd. The nightclub is a vicious arena man, if you suck, people will call you on it and if you are good or even decent, you will get insane amounts of attention for it. Plus you can break dance ANYWHERE in public there is a tune playing and get crowds and props... men and women, everywhere in the world know break dance and gravitate towards anyone who can even do it a little bit. All the styles link together too, you can go to a popping convention as a ground breaker or even a guy who does a bit of tektonic and still get everyone excited and make loads of friends. Can I bust out salsa at a regular night club...ehhhhhhhhhh probably not. Break dance/Electro/whatever is so versatile. I get all the girl students going crazy when I even drop just a few moves, they beg me to show them how or just dance so they can take pics. Kids love it, I give classes to kids 5 y/o + and their parents dig it.... its fun and anyone who does is it is always open to doing it with you. You can take your fun wherever you go.

Sorry FS, I'm a huge break dance nerd. :D

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salsa dancing is gay. I feel so awkward doing it. I think I'd rather go spend $100 at a club and get shot down than go to salsa dancing thing.

Vekhematu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to swing dance, it was fun for a few months. I think you swayed me. And I love latin music. Thanks for your post.

B

BeDJ

Solomon said:
quesiton OP have you hooked up with chicks in this setting cause if you haven't this is all KJ rubbish
Yes.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203347

Just learn the basics of bachata/merenge, get really close to them and shake those hips. I wouldn't invest more than beginner/intermediate to pick up chicks.

Being an asian dude, I would not go to latin dance clubs alone.

I was introduced to 2 step a couple of weeks ago. It felt like ballroom dancing. Anyone ever got sensual with 2 step? I live a mile away from a popular country dance club.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Actually all this typing about dance, I'm going to take up Electro with my wife. :D

Its aggressive as sh1t, technical and I'm in love with it. Listen guys, dance is an easy free date with a girl and a hella fun activity.

If you are shy, buy a DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION dance pad... I play with my wife and our friends all the time, its loads of fun and great excercise.

You can buy a cheap 2 player USB one and get the program and music for free called STEPMANIA.

B1tches like this http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQ0MjkwNTI4.html love guys who dance, if you aren't asian, hit up asian clubs.. learn how to do gungnam style --> http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgxNjUxNzc2.html This guy is popular for a reason and it aint his singin.

Hot b1tches like to work out and they all know dancers are in great shape. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjA4ODE5MDA4.html
Ask yourself what makes MOST teenage girls wet their pants? Some dumb skinny nerd who can throw a few dance moves together and sing a song. The boy bands don't become popular on their music alone.

These b1tches are telling you BE AMBITIOUS: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTczMDcwMTA0.html

Dance projects attitude. Its a language unto itself, if you don't dance, you don't speak. Its the reason girls and guys want to meet the dancers at a nightclub. Dancers are telling people they are fun without even opening their mouths. Body Language........

Last edited:

Vekhematu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I can respect that you like breakdancing, it's not for me, but girls gravitating to those showboat types do not actually want to f*** them, basically you are a performing monkey. To me it looks ridiculous. I stand by the head bob and body rock, 100%.

I came up empty on finding a salsa club, and I live in Florida. What I did see was a middle-aged dorkfest full of women that outweigh me.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
Trying doing martial arts in a nightclub or on a dance floor, you look like a queer.

( I also practice martial arts but not for the night club. )
not everyone hangs out at nightclubs

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salsa dancing is gay. I feel so awkward doing it. I think I'd rather go spend $100 at a club and get shot down than go to salsa dancing thing.
If touching women all night, getting your **** rubbed all night in bachata, leading and handling women, them touching you, you grabbing them by the waist etc etc.

If all that is gay then seriously what is your definition of straight? ;)

Although I do understand where you're coming from brother. I used to think salsa was gay too (back when I was ignorant and fearful of what I didn't know).

I think a lot of it comes from people's image of salsa being salsa performers on tv/youtube dressing in 70's style pants etc. But you have to understand that those are just for performances. Nobody dresses like that in salsa clubs.

And another thing that makes people afraid of salsa is that they see shows like "dancing with the stars" and they become afraid. First of all NOBODY DANCES SALSA IN THE CLUBS LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ON TV!

Performances and social dancing are totally different things. So guys don't be afraid thinking you have to be some amazing dancer like those on tv to go to a salsa club. Salsa is not like that. Don't confuse performances with social dancing (which is the term in salsa for going clubing).
Dude, I can respect that you like breakdancing, it's not for me, but girls gravitating to those showboat types do not actually want to f*** them, basically you are a performing monkey. To me it looks ridiculous. I stand by the head bob and body rock, 100%.
I'm not going to be like livefreex (even though he's supposedly an instructor so he should know better). As a dancer I respect all forms of dancing and try to learn as many forms as I can.

I recommend any dancing to no dancing at all HOWEVER, If your goal or YOU WANT AS AN ADDED BENEFIT to meet and get women then breakdancing is the last thing I would recommend.

If you want the benefit of getting women as well it has to be PARTNER DANCING. I don't care if it's salsa, ballroom, swing, country, whatever.

Partner dancing is what will teach you how to lead women, handle women, improve your confidence with women, make you a woman magnet because you will be touching a lot of women every night. It's not rocket science.

Give up the hip hop clubs, stop wasting your time and money like I did (and most of my former hip hop club friends did who now regret it as well) and go take some partner dancing classes whatever they may be. Your confidence with women will grow, your social circle will grow, your life will improve.

I happen to recommend salsa because it's the most fun, most popular, most diverse and more social of all the forms out there that I have tried. But I gotta be honest salsa is the toughest dance form out there, but once you learn salsa every other dance form out there is easy so you do gotta put in some work to get good.

Frankly any partner dance is better than staying home playing video games or going to hip hop clubs and wasting your time in sausagefests. So guys be open minded, try something new, take some salsa classes at a studio or the lessons the clubs give. You will have fun and meet a lot of new people. Salsa clubs are 1000% more social than hip hop clubs people are open and friendly. Have fun :)

Last edited:

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright fellas here are a few videos with the basic steps of salsa/bachata/merengue (these are the 3 forms of latin dances that are danced at salsa clubs).

Bachata and merengue are so easy you can learn them at home if you practice. Salsa is more difficult but i promise if you practice the basic steps at home for any of those dances you will learn them that much faster before you actually step into a club and take the lessons there or at a dance studio. You won't be starting from zero.

The basic step is the most important thing in dancing as you will be doing it the whole song. If you learn the basic step you got half the work cut out for you.

L.A. STYLE ON 1 BASIC STEP (on 1 is what is danced on the west coast of the USA and most of Europe and Asia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfDVnX4j3-w (check out this youtube channel a ton of salsa moves here)

NY STYLE ON 2 BASIC STEP (on 2 is what is danced in NYC/east coast of the USA and some parts of Europe and Asia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZRhOxDwtnM

SALSA DANCE LESSON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir7ymgofD6M
---------------------------------------------------
BACHATA BASIC STEP (very easy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TVl7i0RO2c (expertvillage has a lot of salsa/bachata tutorials check them out.

HOW TO TURN A GIRL IN BACHATA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXh0gCSwBx4
HOW TO DANCE MERENGUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on4V1KN_Iuw (merengue is one of the easiest dances you can learn it takes a minute, not played as much as salsa and bachata but usually 4 or 5 songs a night)
SONG MIXES (so you can know what is salsa/bachata/merengue when you hear them at the clubs)

SALSA MIX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqjx9MrESQ

BACHATA MIX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCztxPpqFfM (bachata is more relaxed, sensual)

MERENGUE MIX (merengue is a faster, party style type of music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOqv9-zWzE
SALSA/BACHATA/MERENGUE SOCIAL DANCING

SALSA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNni_Rt0fj4

BACHATA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o5g9CG2FJc (Ataca is world famous and one of the best Bachata dancers in the world. Watch his videos this guy is smooth)

MERENGUE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHtvzKbGyjA (no rules in merengue except the basic step)

Last edited:

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being an asian dude, I would not go to latin dance clubs alone.
1. If you worry about safety then don't worry. Salsa clubs are 1000% safer than hip hop clubs. Fights are almost unheard of in salsa clubs. Just a totally different style of music, vibe. Very open and friendly. People are there to dance and have fun. No gangbanbers in salsa ;)
2. If you worry about being the only asian guy well that depends. Asian guys here in America are just starting to pick up salsa (in Asia it's bigger in south korea and growing everywhere else). Asian girls here in America on the other hand are big on salsa and are jumping on it. Their size makes them ideal for dancing they learn quicker than most girls which is why so many are joining salsa. I have a lot of asian salsera friends they are all very good dancers. The best dancer in my city is an asian female. Asian girls take salsa very seriously you will find the ones that dance it are usually very good.

Salsa is very diverse (more so than your average hip hop club). You should probably feel more comfortable in a place that has more minorities and is more diverse than in a hip hop club but that's just me so you don't have to worry. Besides if you are the only asian guy that will make you exotic and is a plus. If you learn how to dance and do it it well and being a rare asian guy that will be an even better thing. You still stand out in a positive way.

MAGNA GOPAL (INDIA) WITH ARTOM (KOREA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMTNMmRqqF8

DANCING IN KOREA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thedancerjin?feature=watch

DANCING IN JAPAN
http://www.youtube.com/user/salsanyanko

Last edited:

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to swing dance, it was fun for a few months. I think you swayed me. And I love latin music. Thanks for your post.
Swing dancing is fun but it lacks the sensuality and the connection with your partner that salsa dancing has. Also there are less opportunities for swing dancing compared to salsa which you can find salsa clubs in about every city. I always recommend trying out all different types of dancing so you can find what suits you best. For me swing is something I would do once a month or so to mix things up. Salsa is something you can do every week or multiple times a week because it is so fun and there is so much to it you can never master it. It always keeps you wanting to learn more. If you did the same with swing it could get boring.

Swing does have its benefits. It's easy to learn and if you have experience in another form of partner dance it should be a piece of cake to learn and get good. Another good thing I have noticed about swing is that there seems to be more girls than guys from what I've seen. From the swing events I have been to there have always been a lot of girls just standing around waiting for a guy to pick them.