lack of texting = lack of interest?

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In not talking while in a LTR; rather, at the initial phase. I've been on one date with this girl, took her out to climb, and we went for a beer after. Now I've set up date number two (F1 will be in town this weekend, we will attend). However, maybe its simply me that isn't used to it, but she's not blowing my cell with texts. She replies to the very fee ones that I sent, but keeps it short and sweet.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls do not like to text all day with a guy, and also she may not want to come off as so interested after only one date with you. Too early to tell. I've been on about 5 dates with this girl, we've had sex and she still hardly ever texts. She will always answer and agree to whatever, but women are not idiots.. they dont want to get hurt anymore than we do. To assume that the girl is always going to break down and be begging to guzzle our cûm 24/7 after 3 dates is pretty absurd, just take your time and enjoy the girl and date others too.

PimpOfTheSouth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had a bit of the same deal going on.. check out my post a little down the board titled "pursuing girls" There is some input on it there.

nemz

Don Juan
Reaction score
As the others said above when you start dating someone it's very likely she's got loads of other men trying it on, so by not texting her you will stand out from the crowd. Ideally you should be waiting a few days after a date, then contact her to set the next one and have fun on the night - don't be texting daily or any have any expectation of shenanigans like that.

As her feelings grow, she'll start reaching out more and more over time, even if she almost never did in the beginning. I know it's really tough, there's this male inbuilt need to do something... especially if you're really digging the woman and want to build up some kind of connection in between the times you're not together... it just doesn't work.

Hey, I didn't believe it either years ago, but less is truly more in this scenario in my experience.

I've even asked a couple of female friends who almost understand themselves emotionally (their words, but subject to change) i.e. they know Hollywood's ideas of what a woman wants is BS and said if a bloke they're dating contacts them before they want him to, it gets annoying really fast and is the most likely reason they cancel future dates (usually permanently).

You just gotta keep it together, so when the devil is on ya shoulder whispering "reach out, gwan.., text her, text her!" do nothing...

You'll thank me as I thanked those I learnt this valuable lesson from :)

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, the bottom line is this: as long as she's continuing to accept dates, she's interested. If she's not blowing up your phone with text, it's definitely not a BAD thing - it means she's one of the few women left whose moms told them not to be so damn needy by hitting up a dude all the time. She's still trying to figure out your interest (which she should be), so she's smart not to be constantly hitting you up until you're officially in some kind of relationship with her.

In short: enjoy it.

JustOlder_!

Don Juan
Reaction score
that your interesting enough to take her on a climb is good. Most guys are lazy and most gals lead uninteresting lives. .....My take is she is not quite sure of you or your hobbies are something she is not all that into.. so you don't get the overbearing text.... Hey, there is only so much f'n in a week so you gotta have things to do together when you can. You might have to pass on this one.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's responding to your texts, assume interest. Always. Unless shes sending you ONLY short and curt one-word answers.

I would say that lots of texting on her part does suggest high interest, but the LACK of lots of texting on her part does not NECESSARILY suggest low interest.

Some girls are just busy. If you work 40 hours a week at a job where you cant be on your phone....then there's your answer. Some (usually high quality) girls dont feel the needy to constantly be on their social media outlets, snapchat, texting, bullsh!t, etc.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
Some girls are just busy. If you work 40 hours a week at a job where you cant be on your phone....then there's your answer. Some (usually high quality) girls dont feel the needy to constantly be on their social media outlets, snapchat, texting, bullsh!t, etc.
i would say only around 15% of women now fall into this catergory as a mobile phone has become a vital organ in recent times

Its only the high quality independent women that don’t need to be attention seeking 24/7

What HB is this chick ?

Its interesting that shes agreeing to what you suggest normally chicks who don’t text often are flakey and irritating

I suspect she could be a female AFC

Although ive never experienced this with a chick before so not fully qualified to give you an answer

However i would say that if she starts to flake then theres no doubt Theres another dude ( possibly multiple dudes) on the scene

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, guys.

Some of these replies are just ridiculous. "If she isn't texting all the time, she's not interested!"

Really? Do some of you know that there were times were texting wasn't a part of the daily tedium? Come on now. As long as the girl keeps showing up and everything goes smoothly, what's the problem?

I still go out with women who don't text me at ALL and I'd rather have it that way. I've got better things to do with my life.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Really? Do some of you know that there were times were texting wasn't a part of the daily tedium? Come on now. As long as the girl keeps showing up and everything goes smoothly, what's the problem?
because that is logical thinking and as we know women are NOT logical creatures

and those times you speak of are a thing of the past ,

you look at any female now between the age of around 15 - 35 and they will check there phones at least 5 times an hour

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she just not initiating texting with you? That happens to me with most girls at the beginning. As long as she's not flaking on dates then what's the problem?

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good input guys, thanks. Sorry I couldn't be on here sorry, I'm busy as fukk. I guess the reason why I was asking is that I usually end up sexting hardcore with girls before I even meet them to guarantee a first-night lay, although with her I am trying a different approach. I got tired of ONS hahah.

So far I've kept my texting at the bare minimum, simply to 1) inquire as to how she was feeling the next day after climbing (as she was sore as hell), and 2) set up the new date, to which she has agreed. Both times she replied promptly. I'm seeing her this Saturday. I'll send her a last text Saturday afternoon to confirm the time and place.

To answer some of your posts. I do feel tempted to text her all the time, especially since I maintain regular contact by texting with most of my friends, sisters, brother and mom (it's second nature for me) as I am very busy and don't see them all that often.

She has the ass to make weep a thousand Spartan men. Hence, I would give her a solid 8. 10/10 for her ass (I'm an ass man, more power to me), but she doesn't have the biggest tits in the world, which is a shame. And I saw her without makeup, I'd give her an 8/10 for her face.

As for her interests, she already told me that she'd love to pick up climbing heheh. So I know she didn't get turned off by the fact that I'm into that kind of sport. We also talked about her travels and she really admired my traveling (I usually visit countries to do backpacking hikes), so I don't think that end is an issue either.

I guess the busy postulate could hold, She's doing a Masters full time and working as a TA as well. I'm doing mine part-time, and God knows one class alone keeps you busy as hell.

At any rate, if this one doesn't pan out, I have a date with a new girl tonight, keeping my options open!

Edit: Honestly, I think my questioning stems from self-confidence issues. I'm not used to that kind of situation (as I said, before I would usually engage rapidly in sexting to guarantee a ONS, hence avoiding all sorts of gray areas). This time, I remain in a gray area. It's interesting, but also creates self-doubt.

chath

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok i stopped reading past the 7th post so sorry if i am repeating something that's above

judge by actions, not words. This works both ways. If she is constantly texting you, and you ask her out, and she flakes - what do you do? you judge her actions. With this type of girl you will make the AFC mistake and ask her out again! Again, she goes "sure see you at 7 on friday" and she is nowhere to be found. So what do you do? have her flake on a 3rd date? you deserved to be flaked on if you really ask her a 3rd time.

In your case you're barely(if at all) communicating with her, but she either meets you there or you pick her up, whatever. That's all you should care about. If you set something up and she flakes or declines, then you know the answer.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
In not talking while in a LTR; rather, at the initial phase. I've been on one date with this girl, took her out to climb, and we went for a beer after. Now I've set up date number two (F1 will be in town this weekend, we will attend). However, maybe its simply me that isn't used to it, but she's not blowing my cell with texts. She replies to the very fee ones that I sent, but keeps it short and sweet.
I was on a date with a girl who got a text from her ex-BF and said "He wants to text all day". I think girls are bored with texting in general.

However, if they like you, they reply within the same minute, at least some times.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
Would you rather not go on date two and have her blow up your phone?