Just how stupid are you?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your quiz does a poor job of judging intelligence.

First, we never signed any declaration of independence. Technically we're still part of Britain (why do you think we're called a "Commonwealth" and not a "Republic"?)

Secondly, we never had a civil war. We're smarter than that.

Finally, the capital is Canberra.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Your quiz does a poor job of judging intelligence.

First, we never signed any declaration of independence. Technically we're still part of Britain (why do you think we're called a "Commonwealth" and not a "Republic"?)

Secondly, we never had a civil war. We're smarter than that.

Finally, the capital is Canberra.
Conspiracy theorist?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said, I have a problem with typing/spelling and not taking the time out to sound out words... something I have been doing or have had a problem with since I was in Jr High. There's alot of things I don't go on record on this board because it's personal.. Like for instance I was born with Sickle Cell, and have had problems with it since birth.

I don't go into details about it becasue, just like my spelling problem, it's not a big deal and frankly it's not worth dicussing.

For anyone to assume that I can't spell and that when I sit down and actually TRY I can't spell, is reaching. For the record however, for the first 4 months of our business, my business partner did go over all of my documents to make sure I wasn't mispelling words... once he understood that I could take care of it, it wasn't any longer a problem.

I don't have to prove to anyone here how smart I am... For the record, I don't consider myself a genius or anything like that.. I have taken 2 IQ Tests, one I scored a 128 and the other I scored a 136.. both I believe are above average, but nothing to bragg about.

However, I do think that I work harder and have more drive than most people to do good.

Like I said, I don't have to try to impress people on a message board that I have never met.. the only reason I still come here is to give advice like to people who were young and confused (Even though I am still rather young myself) like I was 2-3 years ago.

As for me not owning my own company, i'm not even going to attempt to answer that, as it is a waste of time.

As for the quiz... I swear I was about to put if you are not american and christian don't bother taking it... however, I am not christian and I know the answers to thoose questions, therefore I assumed it wouldn't be a stretch to think that other people might as well.

As for the DOI, no we are not a part of Britain... Canada legelly is however. The DOI was signed to declare our independence from Britain, making everyone who signed the DOI guilty of treason to Britain. They had no choice but to go to war, otherwise they would face trail and certain death back overseas.

By luck, or better yet, lack of judgement by the British army IMHO, we won that war.

Later on we got greedy and attempted to take Canada from GB but got turned back by the British Army.. .actually more like a stalemate

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thederekeffect1
Sense we're pointing out errors, I thought it would be interesting to point out that question #6? "What is the original US Captail" (should be, "Where was the original US capitol) was wrong.

The answer you had was Philladolphia. Philadolphia was actually the THIRD US Capitol. The first was The Maryland State House in Annapolis Maryland. Followed by Federal Hall in New York. Followed by Congress Hall in Philladolphia. And then our current capitol.. Capitol Hill in Washington DC.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/041210.html

The nation's first capital was Philadelphia, then the great metropolis of North America with a population of more than 40,000. In December 1776, however, in the face of advancing British forces, the Continental Congress hurriedly adjourned to Baltimore (capital #2). The delegates were not enthusiastic about Baltimore, a muddy burg of 6,000; one ungraciously described it as an "extravagant hole." They were only too happy to return to Philly in March 1777 when the military situation stabilized.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
confilicting information... interesting

I do remember being taught in school that Philly was the original home of the Capital, but then again, it's public school

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
If you're going to insult his spelling, at least make sure you don't have any obvious typos.
I don't. Those mistakes were INTENTIONALLY MISTYPED. They were examples of sticky-key typos. Why don't you learn how to read in context and then get back to me?

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
I don't. Those mistakes were INTENTIONALLY MISTYPED. They were examples of sticky-key typos. Why don't you learn how to read in context and then get back to me?
:crackup:

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
Reading comprehension is such a huge problem on the Internet.

I don't think most of us would mind the occational misspelled word... we're posting, not writing term papers. But my god I just wish people who can't read & comprehend would just fvcking die.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol...

True story.

when I was in the 9th grade, I got an F, a 0% on a report from my science teacher, becuase I mispelled photosynthisis (sp)

there's grown pepople that can't spell that.. hell, i bet she can't spell it. I mean, I wasn' the only one either.. I think like half of the class got F's for mispelling a word or two.

She was fired after the first semister, as it was her first year

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OH shoot!

I'm such a moron I completely missed the part where you made it blatantly obvious that you meant to write "Jusdaism" instead of Judaism!

yeah I'm an idiot for not reading words that aren't there.

Originally posted by Alicorn
Reading comprehension is such a huge problem on the Internet.

I don't think most of us would mind the occational misspelled word... we're posting, not writing term papers. But my god I just wish people who can't read & comprehend would just fvcking die.
yes! like MetalFortress, who completely misinterpreted what I said and proved himself to be an ass and an idiot.

when I made my comment to Backbreaker I was just poking fun at him. MetalTrick was just insulting him. sad.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OH shoot!

I'm such a moron I completely missed the part where you made it blatantly obvious that you meant to write "Jusdaism" instead of Judaism!

yeah I'm an idiot for not reading words that aren't there.

That was intentional too, retard. Stop trying to argue using false points.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was intentional too, retard. Stop trying to argue using false points.
you first, dumbass.

Jusdaism, not Jewiasm.
you're just digging an even deeper hole for yourself. you were trying to correct him like the obnoxious twit you are, and you proved yourself to be not only stupid but also arrogant in the process. we're all clapping for ya, pal.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you first, dumbass.

you're just digging an even deeper hole for yourself. you were trying to correct him like the obnoxious twit you are, and you proved yourself to be not only stupid but also arrogant in the process. we're all clapping for ya, pal.
Hey stupid, my misspelling of the word Judaism was intentional. Notice how it was JuSdaism because the S is right next to the D. Somehow I think you're still not going to get it.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey stupid ****ing piggy, use your ****ing brain for a second here.

MF was stating a point that normal fast/sticky keyboard typos are the type of 'JuSDaism' and not ' Jewiasm'. Look at your ****ing keyboard; do you see where the letters 'S' and 'D' are placed? You got it right numbnuts; they're right next to each other. Typing ‘Jewiasm’ is not a quick typo.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
apparently no one here has ever seen jay leno's "jay walking."

sad. it's funny.

that's what this quiz reminded me of...

...although, clearly i'm stupid because i've tried to click that link literally over 20 times now, and each time it crashes my browser, firefox and ie. and i keep trying, not learning from my mistake. now that's f*cking stupid. i'm an idiot.

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
yes! like MetalFortress, who completely misinterpreted what I said and proved himself to be an ass and an idiot.

when I made my comment to Backbreaker I was just poking fun at him. MetalTrick was just insulting him. sad.
Still don't have that read/comprehend thing down I see. Maybe you should read the entire thread first before you spout your stupid sh!t.

Originally posted by Centaurion
Hey stupid ****ing piggy, use your ****ing brain for a second here.

MF was stating a point that normal fast/sticky keyboard typos are the type of 'JuSDaism' and not ' Jewiasm'. Look at your ****ing keyboard; do you see where the letters 'S' and 'D' are placed? You got it right numbnuts; they're right next to each other. Typing ‘Jewiasm’ is not a quick typo.
QFE