John Mayer - Daughters

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The song is about John. He falls for a girl but because of the lack of a relationship with her father, she isn't able to reciprocate the same emotions. He puts in so much effort to help her only to realize in the end that theres nothing he can do for her. after the whole ordeal he understands it isn't his fault..

so he says fathers be good to your daughters because a woman will love other men the way she was loved by her father.

mothers can relate to their daughters so a mother also needs to love her daughter as well.
(common sense both parents need to function and love their children but still very nice to hear)

- I love this song, its very human, very moving and we can all relate to the experience of knowing a woman or women like that.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
interesting analysis

I always thought the song was just gay, but maybe I was wrong. John Mayer himself, tho, is definitely a girly man.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, can't say that I have...or that I'd ever want to, considering how gay most of his songs sound

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you haven't heard his bluesy songs. all his old pop-alternative songs were decent for the time... but his latest album is the best.

and for you douchebags who like to analyze songs if they're dj or not: check out the lyrics for "i don't trust myself".

not to mention how the radio plays his top three worst songs on the radio... "dreaming with a broken heart", "waiting on the world to change", and "gravity"

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John Mayer is THE MAN.

That guy's got a lot of talent, and YES-----his guitar playing is DEFINITELY far above what's been passing for "lead guitarist criteria" these days. lol

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
John Mayer is not that great of a guitar player and I'd stick my **** in his butt just to prove a point.

He's gay, period...

Not that theres anything wrong with that...