Jay Z is a DJ

learningtopimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the Jay Z concert at Staples Center this past Wednesday. I'm a big hip hop fan and I've always been a fan of Jay's music and his style. I actually rolled with a girl I was friends with as well as some guys. Not only was his performance great, but he has charisma. When he talks, you want to listen, because he's so great at communicating. He had DMX, Method Man, Mary J. Blidge, Snoop Dogg, Pharrell, Busta Rhymes and so many other artists there, and when he talked about them or introduced them, or himself, you wanted to listen.

Also, he has such a personal touch. The girl with me said "He's not good looking at all but I wanted to listen to him talk all day" because he speaks so well and he's so engaging. She said she felt like he talked to her and not the whole audience at once. This made me realize what it is that has made him so succesful, aside from being a great rapper or a businessman. He can connect with people and make them love him.

Hey, he is with Beyonce, and his celebrity can't be the only reason because there are other guys who can offer that to her. So if you ever get a chance, watch one of his interviews and observe how he talks and carries himself. It's a good lesson in what makes a DJ.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
money turns b1tches on.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Him and Eminem are the only rappers who i believe when they say they have to beat the chicks off with a stick.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how bout you stop making comparisions to other people and make yourself a DJ? Do you REALLY think I care if Jay-z is a DJ? Are you like his promoter or something trying to sell tickets through SoSuave? What does telling us he is DJ achieve?

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DMX, Method Man, Mary J. Blidge, Snoop Dogg, Pharrell, Busta Rhymes
I've bolded the names of the artists that don't stink. And if you want to see charisma, go to a Ugly Duckling concert, those guys are the funniest and most charismatic guys I've ever seen.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rap is degrading our society. Won't someobody PLEASE think of the children ! ! ! :D

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, Jigga is a hell of a businessman and a decent rapper and he has charisma BUT...

1 - He lost his lyrical battle with Nas and no one who follows hip-hop will deny that.

2 - He and Damon Dash aren't on as good terms anymore since he retired and wanted to go to the strict business end of things.

3 - He left R. Kelly hanging at a show in Memphis (or somewhere in the MidSouth) to go to Usher's 25th birthday party angering a lot of people and subsequently ending the "Best of both worlds" tour between him and Kelly.

Linkin Park and Jay-Z are doing a collabo' "Collision Course" which should be pretty good and I think will be worth picking up.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol,"he's so engaging" TRANSLATION:He's so loaded.

Jay-z is fvcking uly & a pu$$y.He got Beyonce to re-do her video with Sean Paul cuz he didn't like her so close to him.Notice how they never have a scene together in that video.

He blackballed other artsist too.He cried like a ***** on the radio when he lost to Nas.

He's one of the best but he's a girl IMO.

But all those lil' white girls feel him cuz MTV & Universal say so.Fvck 'em I'm glad he retired.

Now if MM would only do the same.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nas is better than Jay Z, and Im not that big of a Jay Z fan, but he beat Nas...All Nas did was call Jay Z gay, and Jay Z dissed him with facts...He fukked Nas's baby mom and Nas admitted it, lol...People only let Nas win cause hes better and hes been around longer...

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
Nas is better than Jay Z, and Im not that big of a Jay Z fan, but he beat Nas...All Nas did was call Jay Z gay, and Jay Z dissed him with facts...He fukked Nas's baby mom and Nas admitted it, lol...People only let Nas win cause hes better and hes been around longer...
How about this - they both suck. Somewhere, out there, is a scientific algorythmic formula that proves this, but I lack the time to find it.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eulogy
How about this - they both suck. Somewhere, out there, is a scientific algorythmic formula that proves this, but I lack the time to find it.
Stop it backpacker...

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
wtf is a backpacker? :confused:
A person who only listens to underground hip hop and hates anything thats mainstream...I dont like them...

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
A person who only listens to underground hip hop and hates anything thats mainstream...I dont like them...
Yeah I like to keep it real, yo. :rolleyes:

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
THese posts are hilarious to me...

"Eminem..DJ or not?"

"Jay Z ..a true DJ"

"James Bond...the ultimate DJ?"

Hahahahaha!!! Brutha please!

I mean, its cool to have role models and all, but if you feel like you gotta be some big willy rapper or actor to get the puss, then you are lost, my friend! You can imitate all the body language, catch phrases & facial expressions you want, but unless you are being your authentic self, you wont get far. Stop placing the title of "DJ" on such a lofty pedestal and realize that, beneath your insecurities and fears, you are already a natural Don Juan.

For the record, Jay-Z sucks big balls

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silquee Smoove

Linkin Park and Jay-Z are doing a collabo' "Collision Course" which should be pretty good and I think will be worth picking up.
Yeah, should be pretty good...Except Linkin Park is involved...And so is Jay-Z...But other than that, it will be aweso - oh, sh*t...