I've gotten WORSE at number closing since joining this site...

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's wierd, because I never even though of number closing as a big deal until I came to this site.

Three or four years ago I'd talk to a girl and then get her number. Sometimes I would ask for it outright, other times I would cleverly pretend to assume I already had it and then tell her to give it to me again just to be on the safe side. That was it. Done deal.

Bottom line, I got almost any number I wanted.

Now on So Suave, some would have us believe that there's some crazy science to asking a girl how to get in touch with her sometime. It's actually added a decent amount of anxiety to the process for me now.

Rather than just casually asking and assuming I'll get the number (which I always did), I'm thinking of it as some kind of crazy challenge that I must conquer in order to "escalate" and "f-close". Blah blah blah. This site sucks sometimes.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your probably just over analyzing things now.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
Your probably just over analyzing things now.
I agree! The way people are on this site pretty much caused me to do that.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
I agree! The way people are on this site pretty much caused me to do that.
You will eventually internalize the concepts/tips and learn how to free flow. It takes time.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
b4 this site, i didn't even think height was a factor.
my mom would say that she wanted me to be taller, and i'd be like..... why?
but it seems like a big deal on here and i've become somewhat self concious about it.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
b4 this site, i didn't even think height was a factor.
my mom would say that she wanted me to be taller, and i'd be like..... why?
but it seems like a big deal on here and i've become somewhat self concious about it.
To be completely honest, I've started thinking about height too. Not being overly conscious about it or worrying, but I notice it far more now. I never did any of this before I started reading posts about height on here.

I'm 5'10 too.

This is said often, but this site really needs to be gutted. The guys who don't improve and only post defeatist crap on here need to be banned. What are you doing on a self-help site if you're only going to post about self-limiting bullsh!t?

If the administrator really does want to cut bandwith costs, he should do so by banning all the D-bags who clot the boards up with pointless posts about height and looks. Maybe then people could post more than 10 times in one day.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
To be completely honest, I've started thinking about height too. Not being overly conscious about it or worrying, but I notice it far more now. I never did any of this before I started reading posts about height on here.

I'm 5'10 too.

This is said often. but this site really needs to be gutted. The guys who don't improve and only post defeatist crap on here need to be banned. What are you doing on a self-help site if you're only going to post about self-limiting bullsh!t?

If the administrator really does want to cut bandwith costs, he should do so by banning all the D-bags who clot the boards up with pointless posts about height and looks. Maybe then people could post more than 10 times in one day.
Most people lie about height, I caught a girl claiming 5'6" when in reality she couldn't have been more than 5'3". A friend of mine claims 5'8" when he clearly isn't over 5'5" or 5'6". Another kid I know claims 5'7" even though he's probly 5'5". I myself add an inch to my height.

If you're a legitimate 5'10" guy you got nothing to worry about, and some people will even try to convince you you're a 6' if you're in regular footwear.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:

I'm 5'10 too.
5'10'' is fine. The average girl, particularly most cute ones, are what... 5'5" or less? That gives you almost half a foot on them. That's about where you want to be anyway.

Don't forget you can also be too tall. Anywhere between 5'8'' and 6'5'' is usually safe.

It's the guys who are 5'5'' or shorter that could legitimately have issues with their height.

I'm not trying to be negative or scare any one either. It's actually been studied and researchers have found having a few inches on a girl helps to attract her physically. There was even a formula to it... something like girls who are 5'4'' want a guy who is 5'9'' or whatever.

My problem with So Suave is how we all meticulously discuss the mental aspects of attraction when it is clear that most polished men just inherently appeal to women without a calculated approach.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
muhuwahaha said:
Most people lie about height, I caught a girl claiming 5'6" when in reality she couldn't have been more than 5'3". A friend of mine claims 5'8" when he clearly isn't over 5'5" or 5'6". Another kid I know claims 5'7" even though he's probly 5'5". I myself add an inch to my height.

If you're a legitimate 5'10" guy you got nothing to worry about, and some people will even try to convince you you're a 6' if you're in regular footwear.
This is what I'm talking about. You are obsessed with height. Either get over it or become a monk. :nervous:

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
This is what I'm talking about. You are obsessed with height. Either get over it or become a monk. :nervous:
In my defense, I wrote that so you (and other posters) don't catch the insecurity I have, because at 5'10" you shouldn't even think of yourself as short anyways.

and yes, I have height OCD...and I can't help it.

Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, this sh** makes me laugh... I'm 5'3'' and I'm doing pretty well with my game. I've started dating 2 chics since I've been in the game and it's only been a little over 2 months. I can only imagine how good I'll be in 6 months. I already am having problems managing my time and the girls I meet. If you don't beleive me... I've hung out with several guys on this forum and they will give you proof as to what I'm saying it not BS.

Although I like site, I came to realize that the majority of guys on here are talking from their a$$ and NOT experience. I go out there in the field 3 - 4 times per week, getting rejected, numbers, and experience. So take everything you read here with a grain of salt... this site is FILLED with KJ's. I hardly ever read the posts anymore... I mostly come here to find good guys to sarge with.

tsmith2334:
The way you thought before you came to this site is the right way. Forget about trying to f close or whatever and just go out there and have fun. Relax, be comfortable, and HAVE FUN.

Crazy Asian:
I'm 5'3'' and there are guys shorter than me who are successful with this game. True, I know that some women are not going to get over the fact that you're a lot shorter than them but I've been surprised when some women who are a lot taller than me are attracted to me. If you think about it and care about it, then it will affect your game negatively.

Here are some FACTS to think about being short (which I focus on to give me confidence):
- We are the most effecient human machines on the PLANET. Our bodies are better proportioned for efficiency and energy than taller guys. We have faster reaction times and stronger muscles in proportion to body weight. We have greater endurance and the ability to move the body faster. This is not BS, this is the laws of physics. That's why people who do best in Gymnastics, weight lifting, and martial arts are very short.
- Shorter people have been known to live longer. The reason for this is that bigger bodies have more cells and these cells are subject to replacement due to wear or damage
- Our bones don't break as easily as taller people.
- We have a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
AND BEST OF ALL:
- Because we are smaller, we consume less, which is better for the environment :up:

Of course, there are many advantages to being taller... like the fact that you can reach in the top cabinet to grab a box of cereal. But I have a stepstool for that anyway :D

Trust me guys... the TRUE DJs that are posting in this forum have SEEN short guys, and fat guys, and ugly guys, and pretty guys, and bald guys, and skinny guys, and black guys, and asian guys, and whatever you can think of, pick up women. So the guys who are REALLY out there in the field will not post stupid forum posts which will hurt your game. The TRUE guys give only good advice. And the guys who give bad advice... I promise you they are KJs who have read 1000 books but have only done 3 approaches (if that) in the last 3 months.

By the way, you may see some KJs respond negativaly to this post. It is because they are negative already and want to spread it to other people so that everybody else can be as misserable as they are.

Charlie Gordon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 99% convinced that PERSONALITY is the best indicator of how "successful" any one of you will become with women.

Height is a huge obstacle but women sleep with short men all of the fricking time. Women cheat on their behemoth boyfriends and husbands with men much smaller than them (that should address the wannabe players). A woman will also settle into a long term, monogamous relationship with a guy much shorter than his competition when he just does it for her on more levels than said competitors (that should satisfy the monogamous souls).

Yes, women would love for all of us to look like Brad Pitt, think like Albert Einstein, and possess the passion and talents of a Jørn Utzon or Luciano Pavarotti... but wake up! We're not perfect and neither are they. All of us have some blemish. Many of us have several. Same with women. We still hook up. We still accept one another and develop lust, fascination, and compassion for one another. The personality is always what seals the deal.

So, stop worrying about your height.

Avoid people who put you down because of it. Seriously. Avoid them. You don't make fun of their ugly mamas, so they shouldn't make fun of your imperfections.

And stop worrying about asking women for numbers. I agree - these sites can sometimes scramble your mind... you become over-analytical and biased by the questionable values and strategies advocated by the loudest members of the community... you might even absorb some of the misogyny, which will kill your game like nothing else.

I've wasted a lot of time reading and reading and reading... the community is great and it serves a purpose for many men, but if it's starting to mess with your head... give yourself a vacation, go out, and use your heart and intuition to pursue women.

You're better than all of the PUA advice in the world. When you realize that, you will get what you want.

The most efficient human machine on the planet,
Charlie Gordon

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dragon said:
tsmith2334:
The way you thought before you came to this site is the right way. Forget about trying to f close or whatever and just go out there and have fun. Relax, be comfortable, and HAVE FUN.

Trust me guys... the TRUE DJs that are posting in this forum have SEEN short guys, and fat guys, and ugly guys, and pretty guys, and bald guys, and skinny guys, and black guys, and asian guys, and whatever you can think of, pick up women. So the guys who are REALLY out there in the field will not post stupid forum posts which will hurt your game. The TRUE guys give only good advice. And the guys who give bad advice... I promise you they are KJs who have read 1000 books but have only done 3 approaches (if that) in the last 3 months.

By the way, you may see some KJs respond negativaly to this post. It is because they are negative already and want to spread it to other people so that everybody else can be as misserable as they are.
:up:

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dragon said:
- We are the most effecient human machines on the PLANET. Our bodies are better proportioned for efficiency and energy than taller guys. We have faster reaction times and stronger muscles in proportion to body weight. We have greater endurance and the ability to move the body faster. This is not BS, this is the laws of physics. That's why people who do best in Gymnastics, weight lifting, and martial arts are very short.
- Shorter people have been known to live longer. The reason for this is that bigger bodies have more cells and these cells are subject to replacement due to wear or damage
- Our bones don't break as easily as taller people.
- We have a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
AND BEST OF ALL:
- Because we are smaller, we consume less, which is better for the environment
I'll give you another good one to focus on: shorter guys are better dancers (or learn dancing much more easily). That gets you a lot of women. ;)

Dragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually Jitterbug, I am a good dancer :D
I never heard that one before. It's probably because our shorter bodies are easy to move around.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Bottom line, I got almost any number I wanted.

Now on So Suave, some would have us believe that there's some crazy science to asking a girl how to get in touch with her sometime. It's actually added a decent amount of anxiety to the process for me now.

Rather than just casually asking and assuming I'll get the number (which I always did), I'm thinking of it as some kind of crazy challenge that I must conquer in order to "escalate" and "f-close". Blah blah blah. This site sucks sometimes.
Then don't keep coming back to it. Do what you used to do to get the number or sleep with the girl. Why are you letting us bring you down.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dragon said:
Actually Jitterbug, I am a good dancer :D
I never heard that one before. It's probably because our shorter bodies are easy to move around.
Same reason as in gymnastics & martial arts. What you listed + the fact that we have a lower centre of gravity (which translates to better balance & coordination).

Caferacer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell is height so important on this forum? Why, in a forum that advocates changing one's self, do people focus on what they CAN'T change.

**** that.