Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there an all-natural equivalent to Xanax?

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm assuming there isn't but I figured I'd ask anyway. Xanax is a perscription drug that calms your nerves quickly. Anything like this that's natural?

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Valerian root and I think Cammomile.

(hn)

Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox said:
Valerian root and I think Cammomile.
Valerian root can be harsh on your liver, and Chamomile makes you sleepy.

Try theanine, L-theanine, or GABA. Insitol may also help.

But to be honest, best thing is to just take a deep breath and relax. Some of the effects of these are placebos, and even Xanax is not perfect. The more you think you have a problem, the greater that problem will seem. Too many companies nowadays are striving for the opportunity to make normal human tendencies into big diseases or problems.

If you're tired take this. If you're anxious take something else. Take --- for cholesterol. Take --- for restless leg syndrome. Take --- for blah blah blah blah blah. The list is endless. Technically speaking, you could load up on all of these and still not enough, and there's probably people who think they have tons of problems when in actuality they're just normal. A little anxiety is perfectly normal. Fear of public speaking in front of a crowd is normal. Most people fear that more than death, according to surveys.

So if you think you need Xanax, think again. I used to think I needed it at one point, but the more you think you need something, the more power you give to whatever issue you've made up in your mind.

Reaction score
Xanax is HIGHLY addictive and the withdrawls will make you want to put a gun to your head.

Bible Belt is right, marijuana is the only thing equivalent to Xanax, but it's still different. I'd rather take a couple Xanax and a beer over a joint. I just get so relaxed and comfortable I will talk to anybody about anything.

Funny Marijuana is illegal and it's non addictive while they shove Xanax down your throat.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnesium, green tea, Rhodiola rosea, meditation, visualisation and relaxation techniques.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The closest thing is probably alcohol, which is a GABA receptor agonist.

If you're trying to find a quick fix for anxiety--I've been down that road. There is no quick fix.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
Does anyone think that it would be a good idea for someone who really sucks at giving presentations, to take a Xanex right before a presentation? As in he sweats/face turns red, would it help that?
Benzos might help the nerves, but you might also need something else, i think they are called "beta blockers" for the physical symptoms.

I take Clonazepam for anxiety and to help me sleep. It's the best drug in the world....I just wouldn't use it any more than you have to or you MIGHT become addicted to it. I think the addiction thing is blown way out of proportion, but I only take about 1/3 of what the doc actually prescribes me just to make sure I don't build a tolerance or any sort of "addiction".

MisterSinister

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the others that said valerian root. I've tried it a few times and it definitely relaxes you.

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I take Clonazepam for anxiety and to help me sleep. It's the best drug in the world....I just wouldn't use it any more than you have to or you MIGHT become addicted to it. I think the addiction thing is blown way out of proportion, but I only take about 1/3 of what the doc actually prescribes me just to make sure I don't build a tolerance or any sort of "addiction".
Never heard of that one. Is it like Xanax or more like Zoloft/Lexopro? Any bad side effects?

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I'm asking this is because I still suffer from this long-standing problem of simply caring too much about what people think of me. It's the number #1 thing holding me back in life. I care too much, get worried and nervous, and end up doing something awkward and stupid.

I was hoping to find a natural remedy to just calm me down and not care so much damn much.