Is practice really the way to become good with picking up girls?

That_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont believe so, why? Picking up girls is not like MMA, or working out whereas the more you push the weight and go through the motions, the easier it becomes and then you can progress to more weight.

In pick up, the more you try and approach (go through the motions) and the more you rejected, the less your confidence will become and the latent baby beta inside of you grows and grows. Until you will become bitter. You will end up hating women, will be less relaxed. I wouldnt even go as going as far as being in a relationship and getting screwed over.

Unfortunately for all of us is that success breeds success, however the same can be said with failure (failure begets failure in this game).

What do we do, gentlemen?

That_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was none the wiser I would say online dating is the solution. Not only does it give more time to do things that you like/things that you have to do, like work and stuff. But you can hit up a variety of girls. And the rejection wouldnt be as bad as there is no real connection there nor is there any real investment in our part (its like talking to a pixel until you meet that pixel IRL)

Plus being able to talk to 60 girls at a time in one hour sounds great.

The thing with online dating though is its very superficial. So again, what do we do?

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go sarging, select targets (interested ones), open and close.

It only takes one approach to get what you want. you just have to approach the right girl in the right circumstances.

you dont have to hit on everything that moves.

Besides, if they arent interested - its their loss anyway.

But yeah, if you dont practice, and get to know the signs you'll never be at a stage where you can do this.

And NO you're wrong - dating sites are not the way forward.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Why don't you actually try practicing, then answer your own question.

You know what happens to my confidence when I do a direct, cold approach and get rejected? It SHOOTS UP because I proved to myself that I had the balls to do it.

Give it a try.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
And NO you're wrong - dating sites are not the way forward.
That is where we are going anyways, and as I said above that is the closest we have not THE way

sageproduct said:
Why don't you actually try practicing, then answer your own question.

You know what happens to my confidence when I do a direct, cold approach and get rejected? It SHOOTS UP because I proved to myself that I had the balls to do it.

Give it a try.
thats one way of looking at it, the fact is you didnt get laid and get the girl which is the primary goal here

players use sniper rifles not shotguns

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That_guy said:
the more you rejected, the less your confidence will become and the latent baby beta inside of you grows and grows. Until you will become bitter. You will end up hating women, will be less relaxed.

That might be true for you, but a lot of us become numb to rejection the more we get, which is progress.

That_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
"...The opposite is also true: continual failures with women will build on each other until the latent, baby beta in you grows and consumes your soul..."

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/chicks-dig-jerks-game-is-its-own-status/

That text also has a link to another article. I wouldnt bother to have you read the whole article so Ctrl-f my friends (but its truly a worthy read though).

Denying this quoted theory above, then you will also deny the efficiency of game.

I would rather train smart than train hard, but when it comes to women, how does one do that?

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then you haven't practiced enough, or you haven't practiced deliberately. There's actually a big difference between just going through the same motions and not learning anything vs. trying, failing, analyzing, and trying again.

Your problem is you're looking at success and failure as mutually exclusive. They're not. The path to success is through lots of failure. Time and time again it's proven. Look at any successful person in whatever field and you'll see the same pattern. Failed, tried again, failed, persevered, succeeded a little, failed, tried again, failed, tried again, finally succeeded. Over time you will get better with women, but you'll still have 'failures'. That's just part of the game. Your goal is to maximize success and minimize failure.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
online dating is pathetic. get out in the field and get some real practice.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
J Roc said:
online dating is pathetic. get out in the field and get some real practice.
Convenient though. Seriously you guys. Have you ever told anyone you dont have facebook? its like they saw a chupacabra lol blame facebook for that

Back before the internet approaching a girl you dont know is partially ok in a feminist washed society (to me, hell its alright) now we are in a point where cold approaching someone is starting to look "creepy" or "desperate" thanks to cell phones, internet etc. ("OMG, doesnt he have any friends that will introduce him/talk to?") I am pretty sure you guys also notice that random hookups in the night life are no longer as common as it used to be, you will need really tight game to pick up a chick in a bar for a same night lay nowadays!

Usually they go to those places to chill with their beta male orbier friends/girlfriends. Not necessarily to get laid that very night (they have someone for that, someone they probably meet through a friend)

We must learn to adapt! The stigma of meeting someone over the internet is slowly starting to break.

That_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
muscleman said:
Then you haven't practiced enough, or you haven't practiced deliberately. There's actually a big difference between just going through the same motions and not learning anything vs. trying, failing, analyzing, and trying again.

Yeah girls smell desperation from a mile away. Doing all that, it will reek all over you.

Of course desperation is soooo attractive /sarcasm

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
facebook is not an online dating site. online dating sites like match.com,okcupid.com and plentyoffish.com are for mostly for losers who cant get laid in real life.

dudewut said:
I am pretty sure you guys also notice that random hookups in the night life are no longer as common as it used to be, you will need really tight game to pick up a chick in a bar for a same night lay nowadays!
well why arent you recommending that guys get out there and practice their game until it becomes tight instead of being lazy and sending emails to fatties and attention wh0res on dating sites?

Have you seen the show Catfish on MTV? smh

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
J Roc said:
well why arent you recommending that guys get out there and practice their game until it becomes tight instead of being lazy and sending emails to fatties and attention wh0res on dating sites?

Have you seen the show Catfish on MTV? smh
Didnt say you wont need game later on when you meet them. But the game has changed, drastically. I personally have a good chance with adding a random girl with like 200 mutual friends with me and hitting her up right through that of course, same game principles required. (Saying dumb **** like "oh didnt we used to have x class together" or some **** like that) As a bonus point if she likes you already or seen you before she will most likely accept the friend request.

You gotta learn how to use the resources around you :cool:

Edit: watching movie now

Edit: Edit with spoiler: Aimee is HOT $#!+ but look at her husband...yeah you gotta look like that to land a girl that looks like her lol (thats the easy route)

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dudewut said:
Didnt say you wont need game later on when you meet them. But the game has changed, drastically. I personally have a good chance with adding a random girl with like 200 mutual friends with me and hitting her up right through that of course, same game principles required. (Saying dumb **** like "oh didnt we used to have x class together" or some **** like that) As a bonus point if she likes you already or seen you before she will most likely accept the friend request.

You gotta learn how to use the resources around you :cool:
That line is okay if you're in college setting and would run into these girls on a regular basis. Thats not really going to work if you're a 28 year old man using a line like "didnt we have biology class 8 years ago?"

Bringing home girls from the club is not a hard task. Sh1t I met a girl in the club saturday night , danced with her a little bit and told her to fukk with me after the club. She went out to waffle house with some guy that bought hera few drinks that night, got a free breakfast from him and hit up my phone at 5 am for some d1ck. I can easily get 10 good leads in a club in two hours than most dudes get within a week's worth of emailing chicks. You guys just need to get out there and practice.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
J Roc said:
That line is okay if you're in college setting and would run into these girls on a regular basis. Thats not really going to work if you're a 28 year old man using a line like "didnt we have biology class 8 years ago?"

Bringing home girls from the club is not a hard task. Sh1t I met a girl in the club saturday night , danced with her a little bit and told her to fukk with me after the club. She went out to waffle house with some guy that bought hera few drinks that night, got a free breakfast from him and hit up my phone at 5 am for some d1ck. I can easily get 10 good leads in a club in two hours than most dudes get within a week's worth of emailing chicks. You guys just need to get out there and practice.
You're 28? Because my argument is only valid for those girls born 1990 onwards. Yeah its an idiotic generation after 1989.

There are actually dudes who made online dating the bread and butter of their poon hunting, you can easily email tons of girls just sitting in your house with boxers on and stuff. But its not for everyone.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, practice really is the best way...Sorry but not going to give you the easy out you want to use as an excuse to not man up...

That_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
yuppaz said:
Yes, practice really is the best way...Sorry but not going to give you the easy out you want to use as an excuse to not man up...
Let me give you an example; in lifting if you dont practice the right way (using the right form) you will end up injuring yourself.

Let me practice being a nice guy more and I will get laid, right? Lets bring out those flowers and chocolates and my book of compliments!

All I need is to man up and practice! YAY! :cheer:

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is a waste of time. Go ahead and live with the femcentric motto of "Love will find you when you aren't looking for it." All the less competition for me :rock:

That_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
sageproduct said:
This thread is a waste of time. Go ahead and live with the femcentric motto of "Love will find you when you aren't looking for it." All the less competition for me :rock:
By all means, go and caveman through the whole club expecting different results. Ill be here taking my time and racking my lay count but keeping my rejection count low coz I pick the surgical sniper rifle than using a shotgun. Keep wasting loads (heh) of time texting a girl who wont bang you in the end and call it "success"

What can I say? Some people cant handle the truth

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2007/07/30/woman-hating-betas/

PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect
Ok so what would "perfect practice" be? We can see (and the lot of you ignored) that every failure to women stack up. So what do?