Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is male depression mostly linked to lack of female companionship?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a thought :confused:

You don't get envious (at least I don't) when you see another guy that makes more money than you, is more jacked, has a bigger home or drives a nicer car.

However, you will get envious (at least I do) of the attractive woman by his side and sometimes it seems like every other guy out there is in a happy relationship but yourself.

Yes, I think most male depression is linked to struggling with the opposite sex.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but then that's why you have OnlyFans. I subbed an OF-girl when I felt that way and it helped get me out of a depression that month. I've also made a female friend at work and we have a nice connection with each other. I can't complain. I've also hugged my mother's caregiver who is a Philipina lady, I'd put as an hb7, but she's married though. We like hugging each other.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I will come across a couple where a very average looking guy will have a cute chick and I'll be like wtf

But then in 2022 when I was dating a HB8 for a while someone could have thought the same about me

Its all abstract

I wouldn't say i's the main cause of male depression ......being directionless and aimless is

When a man retreats within himself and starts doubting himself thats when the problems start

If your improving yourself every day , being uncomfortable and putting yourself out there life will get better

I keep reminding myself it literally takes one chance encounter with a woman who's keen on you and everything changes immediately

No way can a situation like that be the main cause of depression

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I will come across a couple where a very average looking guy will have a cute chick and I'll be like wtf

But then in 2022 when I was dating a HB8 for a while someone could have thought the same about me

Its all abstract

I wouldn't say i's the main cause of male depression ......being directionless and aimless is

When a man retreats within himself and starts doubting himself thats when the problems start

If your improving yourself every day , being uncomfortable and putting yourself out there life will get better

I keep reminding myself it literally takes one chance encounter with a woman who's keen on you and everything changes immediately

Yes, great point. You can be at a festival and 99 out of the 100 women there will ignore you because they don't find you attractive or they are with their significant other. However, that 1 out of 100 who is a HB 7 to 8 is giving you the elevator eyes, you hit if off and get the number.......those 99 other women who you seemed invisible to...... go out the window.

Yes, it only takes one!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not that "type" of depression though. It's more like something just hits you hard when you see a trigger and see that you don't have that in your life. You get out of it quickly as long as you make a connection with another woman paid/unpaid. If there was no women, or no guy next to a woman hugging each other or the woman being very close to the guy (ie especially if you like the woman yourself), then no trigger and no "depression" right?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes, great point. You can be at a festival and 99 out of the 100 women there will ignore you because they don't find you attractive or they are with their significant other. However, that 1 out of 100 who is a HB 7 to 8 is giving you the elevator eyes, you hit if off and get the number.......those 99 other women who you seemed invisible to...... go out the window.

Yes, it only takes one!
Yea exactly and women are soooo fvcking random something like that could happen anywhere at anytime

last year I had a 2 month fling with a HB 7 I spoke to for 5 mins in a smoking area

Then I meet a girl in the gym , she randomly messages me saying she thinks I'm sexy

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea exactly and women are soooo fvcking random something like that could happen anywhere at anytime

last year I had a 2 month fling with a HB 7 I spoke to for 5 mins in a smoking area

Then I meet a girl in the gym , she randomly messages me saying she thinks I'm sexy
Good. One can go from a months long dry spell to some action pretty quickly.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think depression is caused by these things by rather the depression is already there and your response to experiencing these struggles becomes impaired and you end up quitting, being less competitive or acting out in some way.

However, I do not believe having women or kids is mutually inclusive or required in having a good life, you can have a great life without those things, in fact being a provider usually means focusing your life on being productive as opposed to chasing after women.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think depression is caused by these things by rather the depression is already there and your response to experiencing these struggles becomes impaired and you end up quitting, being less competitive or acting out in some way.

However, I do not believe having women or kids is mutually inclusive or required in having a good life, you can have a great life without those things, in fact being a provider usually means focusing your life on being productive as opposed to chasing after women.
Yes, in the old days, men had to work hard all the time just to survive, so they didn't have time to Game women. Nowadays, folks don't need to work hard, but have to waste an incredible amount of time on swiping, DayGame, NightGame, PUA, etc.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hit the gym and gain 10 to 15 lbs of muscle.
Doesn't work for a lot of men:

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hit the gym and gain 10 to 15 lbs of muscle.
Can't gain weight. Tried eating at an all-you-can-eat buffet and eating eggs and muscle milk, before working out.

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I think most male depression is linked to struggling with the opposite sex.
This is 100% me. 30 years old, never had a girlfriend and no dating experience. Turned to drugs and alcohol because I first got depressed by it back when I was 16 and wanted to be numbed, been doing that frequently ever since. Also feel like I’m now stuck in a catch-22 inescapable situation since most women find inexperienced men to be a turn off and unappealing and you can’t get experience unless you date women, which you can’t do because you don’t have experience in the first place. Which has in turn made me even more depressed because I feel trapped in this situation and has led me to drink and take drugs even more.

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like that for me. 36/male/virgin incel. Uses a flip phone for a cell phone as the only female # I have is my mom.
Wow I didn’t even know there was someone else like me on the forum. I feel your pain man, are you concerned about women being turned off by your lack of experience as well?

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think depression is a mixture of chemical balance and behavioural issues such as addictive personalities or addiction.