• Shady

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Not shady

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To those who aren’t aware, this setting minimizes all notifications from everyone except a specific curated list by the phones owner. Please respond, feel free to rationalize in the thread.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't vote on your question because I can see both sides. If pressed, I suppose that I consider it to be "shady."

Here's an example: (and I openly admit that I am being hypocritical) I don't like it if I text a girl and her settings are set to "delivered" rather than the "read" status. But there's no way that I'm going to allow my own settings to be this transparent (mine is set to "delivered" instead of "read.") Sure... I admit that I'm practicing a double-standard and I know that it isn't right.

Based on my experience and observations, here's what I've noticed. The women that do not mask their phone settings, seem to be less experienced.... more authentic and sincere. This is not to say that women that do more phone masking are not. However, it is usually an indication that they are a little more 'worldly.'

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Send read receipts is a default setting now? Because last I checked they’re off by default.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Send read receipts is a default setting now? Because last I checked they’re off by default.
Got a new iPhone the other day, I believe it gave me the choice to send read receipts when I set the phone up or leave them off. In contrast, the previous iPhones I have owned had the read receipts on by default if I remember correctly.

Based on my experience and observations, here's what I've noticed. The women that do not mask their phone settings, seem to be less experienced.... more authentic and sincere. This is not to say that women that do more phone masking are not. However, it is usually an indication that they are a little more 'worldly.'
I have my read receipts on for everyone. I personally have noticed that girls I start dating will eventually turn their read receipts on for me at some point without even me asking. Literally every girl I have had a relationship with has done this. Not sure the reason, just an observation.

To answer the OP, I have my notifications turned off for everything EXCEPT phone calls.

I get no sound or vibration alerts from none of the apps on my phone, including messaging apps. And I don't have any social media apps on my phone. The only notification type I have is the red little badge circle that appears on my messaging app icon when I have a new text message. I have to go out of my way to unlock my phone and go into my messaging app to see if I have any new messages.

Everything mentioned in the last paragraph helps me avoid becoming distracted by phone, and therefore improves my focus.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get tons of calls, texts, and emails on my phone all day long. It feels like a machine gun firing at me at times. I'm all about taking back control. Nothing shady about it. I feel like I am controlled by my phone. By the end of the day I don't want to hear from anyone.

Perhaps this person feels like i do? I'd ask them why.