Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

intense head pain after squat and pullup

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
about a week ago i was doing my 3x5 squat and i beleive in set 2 i expereineced intense head pain, on the left =side of the skull area above the ear torward the front. i waited for a while and asked the duded next to me to spot me in case i fainted (lol) it didnt go away, it just got a tad milder and i wanted to do my sets. it continued to hurt throughout the night, easing offafter i woke from sleep.
then just now when i decided i wanted to do pullups (3x8, first set) in the bar in my home, i gripped tight andstarted doing it. in the middle i got it again but i finished my set. now im sitting here with a throbbing pain. it doesnt go away completely but it amplifies and dies down and repeats. AM I DYING!!!!OMGOMGOMG

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
exercise induced headache - when this happens STOP your set (if you were getting a head pain on set 2 why did you go for a 3rd set?) or you might black out/throw up/both.

it'll go away in a few days. next time remember to breathe!

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i breathe every rep and hold throughout, otherwise after you see me squat id be a pile of goo on the floor.
this wouldnt be an aneurysm, would it? i dont think i have any other side effects

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be exercise induced hypertension localised to your brain...the valsalva (sp?) will definitely cause it to get worse, but if you say that you're breathing during your reps, you could still get increased cerebral blood pressure from tightening of the abdmonal/core muscles and overall strain.

With something like squats, you'd get an increased venous return from your lower extremities cuz your leg/hip/butt muscles are contracting, therefore helping to increase venous return, and then your heart is beating faster becaues of increased metabolic and oxygen demand (you are working out after all!)...this can maybe lead to lotsa blood being pumped into your head really quickly...causing cerebral hypertension. Ya, I kinda pulled that explanation outta my ass but its super late, and I'm tired, but I tried..

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be a fool and listen to idiots who think they have the ability to diagnose whats wrong with you over a message forum..

Do yourself a favor and see a doctor..OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT FROM BREATHING TECHNIQUE, but for some reason people on this forum think breathing is the problem and answer to everything.

and i love how all these guys learned a little bit of info from a few chapters of an exercise book and think there some kind of fitness expert tossing around technical fitness terms like its impressing anyone..

p.s. I'll never understand why people come on message boards asking for diagnosis for any ailments or physical issues..but then again its sosuave health and fitness..

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's rich coming from someone who used to squat to parallel and tell us lower was bad for the knees.

the OP is describing perfectly an EIH which I often used to get when squatting.

the aftereffects last a few days, and you regret even jacking off. :D

Drum&Bass said:
Don't be a fool and listen to idiots who think they have the ability to diagnose whats wrong with you over a message forum..

Do yourself a favor and see a doctor..OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT FROM BREATHING TECHNIQUE, but for some reason people on this forum think breathing is the problem and answer to everything.

and i love how all these guys learned a little bit of info from a few chapters of an exercise book and think there some kind of fitness expert tossing around technical fitness terms like its impressing anyone..

p.s. I'll never understand why people come on message boards asking for diagnosis for any ailments or physical issues..but then again its sosuave health and fitness..

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a similar problem during wrestling season my senior year. It turned out that there were a lot of subluxations in my spine that needed to be put back into place. I agree that you should see a doctor, but consider a chiropracter. The pain was very intense in my head, but it was gone after my first adjustment.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
i'll never understand why d&b feels a need to trash people, and the board in general, and yet keeps reading it & posting on it.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
p.s. I'll never understand why people come on message boards asking for diagnosis for any ailments or physical issues..
Doesn't say much for you, does it? You really can't even begin to comprehend it? Can't come up with one reason?