Inner office affairs/romances

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We've had a lot of "should I do it" post on the board, but that's not what this is about. I've been witnessing quite a few of these recently. Some people married some not. Managers and subordinates, executives, line workers etc etc. When asked what I think about the subject, I'm usually divided (more often than not I'll tell the person I'm taking to what the want to hear). On one hand I understand that breakups are inevitable, and I don't like the idea of seeing ex's often...that's bad. On the other hand you only live once and if you can keep it casual, it may not be THAT bad.

Anyway, I'd like to hear the opinion of the board. What do you think about office romance? All locations and work types welcome.
Discuss.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been dating one of my employees for the past year and its been no problem at the workplace. With that said it should be noted that this is a summer pool that I work at and shes a 19 year old(young) lifeguard. So my career isnt in jeopardy, just my dumb part time job.

Annnyway, its worth the "risk" I think, dont you watch The Office?

Last edited:

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can get away with it, then great.

I have never and probably will never do the office romance. Too much potential trouble and not enough benefit.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of factors that come into play on this one. The general RULE is to not eat where you $hit... but, with that said, here is my opinion. Depends on the woman, depends on what type of job you are at and how much you make.

If you like the job and make good money, you would be a fool to put it in jeopardy. If it is a half a$$ job then do what you must. Really in today's time that is changing because jobs are more valuable than the employee.

I have dated a woman at work before and it did not turn out so well. She was a nut and it was when I was 17. So in essence I learned my lesson early in life. I did try again dating a co worker several years ago and good thing she was more into the job than me.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen this bite family members in the azz, but I'm kinda impartial to it. Make the most of it. I did it when I was 18 at a part time job I was leaving soon anyways for college and it was no big deal then. I'm sure the older you are and full time jobs complicate things.

If I was to ever do it again it would have to be with a co worker of equal standing or a higher up not a subordinate. I think it has the potential for more problems with subordinates that you may have to fire.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good responses.
How do you all feel about married people having extra martial affairs at work.
Since few people visit their spouse at work is fairly easy to do without getting caught.
Even if you're just in a relationship and not married, what do you think?
Note: I'm not supporting this one way or the other, I'm just interested in opinions.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't care about your job, do it, especially if she's "a keeper." If the girl is distant from you both geographically and departmentally in the workplace, do it.

There is one married woman I want to fück, I doubt I ever will, but what married people do is their own business. After all, people fall in love with those who are geographically the closest to them, and, with the amount of time invested into work, workplaces are prime locations for temptation.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Inner office affairs would be affairs that take place in the inner part of the office, or something. Intraoffice affairs are what you guys are talking about.

Consider this a public service message.

Fighting the dumbing down of humanity one post at a time.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My last relationship was with the secretary of the law office I worked at, and it turned into a f*cking disaster. No thanks !