"I'm not looking for a relationship... and I'm not a wh0re"

Green Team

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post, great report.

So I was at a neighborhood bar in south Florida trying to run game. I talked to a few girls during the night, trying to get in the right mood for the ones I want (and I always keep in mind that I deserve them).

And I see this girl standing in the parking lot, I walked over to her right when I saw her, trying to keep with the three second rule and this is how it went:

Me: Hey are you waiting for someone?
HB: Yea, I'm waiting for my friend.
Me: Oh, I thought you might be waiting for me.
(laugh)
Me: So what's your name?
HB: It's Merebeth
Me: Well, I'm Green Team, nice to meet you.

Shake hands, I held it to look for IOI's and when I squeezed it, she squeezed back. So, I held her hand until they natural came apart, I think I wanted to smoke a cigarette. And I made bull**** conversation (i.e. building rapport, a neg, ect.) I think we talked about jobs, which I used as an opportunity to demonstrate value with her by telling her about my job which sounds much harder than it is.

At one point, she said, "you're short" (5'5"), and I responded, "Well you're wearing hells and I'm like a dog, I feel a lot bigger than I actually am." I thought that would say I had confidence indirectly, I don't know if she was smart enough to pick up on it, but I carried myself as such and I know she felt that because then I said:

Me: Are you single ..? (by this time, I forgot her name, yea I ****ed up, but you'll see how I recover)
HB: "Yea" as she was throwing her cigarette in a bush.
Me: Oh, well you didn't break up with him this morning did you? Because I'm not trying to pick up some rebound.
HB: No, it was a while ago.
Me: How long did you date him? (in retrospect, this was probably a bad question, but I wanted to gauge the severity of the relationship)
HB: 9 months (to me: not married/egaged), the only other long relationship I had was 9 months too, so I guess that's the cut off.
Me: (thinking: don't care about you're bullsh!t relationships, change subjects), cool. So, can I have your number?
HB: Yea, (number).
Me: Cool. I majored in journalism so don't take this the wrong way, but how do I spell your name?
HB: M-e-r-e-d-e-t-h.
Me: Cool, sometimes people spell their names weird, I was trained in college to ask that question. So, I'm going to use the bathroom and I'll see you later.

So, I have her kiss me on the cheek and tell her it was very nice meeting her, and I walk away. I take a piss, talk some **** to the manager, and speak with my friend, whose ready to leave. So, I go pay my tab, and I see the HB and I tell her good night. I walked up next to her and put my arm around her, she accepted it when she saw me but it probably would have been better to have her see me approach.

Me:"I'm leaving, it was nice meeting you, maybe we can do something next weekend?"
HB: My friend is going to be in town.
Me: Well, maybe we can do something during the week, hit up happy hour or something.
HB: Maybe, I didn't know how to tell you this outside, but I'm not looking for a relationship.
Me: That's fine, I don't want one either.
HB: ...and I'm not a wh0re.
Me: That's good. I'm not looking for a *****.
HB: Alright.

I had her kiss me on the cheek again. and I left. I'll probably call her Wednesday and have a few drinks with her, I'll post a recap if I do, but my car is broken down and I'm sharing my mom's so who knows.

How could I have improved? I've only really been at this for about two weeks, reading stuff on the internet and watching videos, so constructive criticism would be awesome.

Ingeniarius

Don Juan
Reaction score
You did good, really good. However, I want to point out something: she is sending mixed signals, b/c

"I'm not looking for a relationship" usually equals

"I'm not looking for a relationship with YOU".

Call her up sometime and see how she responds.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ingeniarius said:
"I'm not looking for a relationship" usually equals

"I'm not looking for a relationship with YOU".
Or it can mean she's DTF and doesn't want to say it outright. It all depends on what accompanying body language, attitude and the like was during the encounter.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, a lot of people aren't looking for relationships. Her saying that simply means she isn't looking.
Meaning she's gonna be tougher than other women.

It hardly ever is a true to god rejection unless she knows you pretty well or is clearly disinterested in you.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Green Team said:
So I was at a neighborhood bar in south Florida trying to run game. I talked to a few girls during the night, trying to get in the right mood for the ones I want (and I always keep in mind that I deserve them).

And I see this girl standing in the parking lot, I walked over to her right when I saw her, trying to keep with the three second rule and this is how it went:

Me: Hey are you waiting for someone?
HB: Yea, I'm waiting for my friend.
Me: Oh, I thought you might be waiting for me.
(laugh)
Me: So what's your name?
HB: It's Merebeth
Me: Well, I'm Green Team, nice to meet you.

Shake hands, I held it to look for IOI's and when I squeezed it, she squeezed back. So, I held her hand until they natural came apart, I think I wanted to smoke a cigarette. And I made bull**** conversation (i.e. building rapport, a neg, ect.) I think we talked about jobs, which I used as an opportunity to demonstrate value with her by telling her about my job which sounds much harder than it is.

At one point, she said, "you're short" (5'5"), and I responded, "Well you're wearing hells and I'm like a dog, I feel a lot bigger than I actually am." I thought that would say I had confidence indirectly, I don't know if she was smart enough to pick up on it, but I carried myself as such and I know she felt that because then I said:

Me: Are you single ..? (by this time, I forgot her name, yea I ****ed up, but you'll see how I recover)
HB: "Yea" as she was throwing her cigarette in a bush.
Me: Oh, well you didn't break up with him this morning did you? Because I'm not trying to pick up some rebound.
HB: No, it was a while ago.
Me: How long did you date him? (in retrospect, this was probably a bad question, but I wanted to gauge the severity of the relationship)
HB: 9 months (to me: not married/egaged), the only other long relationship I had was 9 months too, so I guess that's the cut off.
Me: (thinking: don't care about you're bullsh!t relationships, change subjects), cool. So, can I have your number?
HB: Yea, (number).
Me: Cool. I majored in journalism so don't take this the wrong way, but how do I spell your name?
Me: Cool, sometimes people spell their names weird, I was trained in college to ask that question. So, I'm going to use the bathroom and I'll see you later.

So, I have her kiss me on the cheek and tell her it was very nice meeting her, and I walk away. I take a piss, talk some **** to the manager, and speak with my friend, whose ready to leave. So, I go pay my tab, and I see the HB and I tell her good night. I walked up next to her and put my arm around her, she accepted it when she saw me but it probably would have been better to have her see me approach.

Me:"I'm leaving, it was nice meeting you, maybe we can do something next weekend?"
HB: My friend is going to be in town.
Me: Well, maybe we can do something during the week, hit up happy hour or something.
HB: Maybe, I didn't know how to tell you this outside, but I'm not looking for a relationship.
Me: That's fine, I don't want one either.
HB: ...and I'm not a wh0re.
Me: That's good. I'm not looking for a *****.
HB: Alright.

I had her kiss me on the cheek again. and I left. I'll probably call her Wednesday and have a few drinks with her, I'll post a recap if I do, but my car is broken down and I'm sharing my mom's so who knows.

How could I have improved?
Not good she called you short - she's putting you down there, but you recovered.

First off, she doesn't need to know you are going to the bathroom, that's too much information. Second, you should have ended the conversation right here. "Well, it was a pleasure meeting, perhaps we can get together for a drink sometime. Enjoy the rest of your night"

And you leave. You should not have come back after you tell her you are going. When you come back, you are risking the chance of screwing up. It's like robbing a bank, you don't stand in front of the teller holding the big bag of money, you make your hit and get out.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree donjuan11, you're just nitpicking over minor useless details

Cashew

Don Juan
Reaction score
You just met her... relationship shouldn't even be a question at this point. You don't even know her well enough to know if you would even want her for one.

I would have busted on her for even bringing it up.

Green Team

Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Not good she called you short - she's putting you down there, but you recovered.
First off, she doesn't need to know you are going to the bathroom, that's too much information.
When you come back, you are risking the chance of screwing up. It's like robbing a bank, you don't stand in front of the teller holding the big bag of money, you make your hit and get out.
I thought of the short comment as a test, she wanted to see how I'd react.

That's a really good point, I should have used a false time constraint and told her I was paying my tab -- that place was dead anyway.

I'm not afraid of screwing up, I mean, I'll eventually have to see her again. So, when I made my second approach, I made sure not to look desprete but I wanted her to know I am persistant.

Cashew said:
I would have busted on her for even bringing it up.
That's a really great point too.

Single_Sucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
jesus guys

she said she's not looking for a relationship

that means she's not interested in a relationship with you

that is her telling you shes not interested/attracted to you, take a hint

just being realistic, it ain't gonna work, PM me if it does, ill be amazed

Cashew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Single_Sucks said:
jesus guys

You'd honestly give up on something because she throws a line at you?!

Actions speak louder than words. You should know this.

The girl I'm with right now said to me that she wasn't looking to get into a relationship. I choose not to believe her and just went about what I'd do anyway. I proved her wrong. Girls generally don't know what they want as far as "romance" is concerned. It is up to men to take the lead and show them a good time.

Green Team

Reaction score
Single_Sucks said:
jesus guys

I would agree if she had blown me out, not thrown me so many IOI's and given me her number. I wouldn't have posted about it if my outlook was grim.

I think persistance is an important part of the game, and some girls, especially when approached so directly can feel threatened espeicially in a bar with so many AFC's.

But I'll PM you Wednesday night/Thursday morning after I make sweet-relationshipless-love to this girl.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree if she had blown me out, not thrown me so many IOI's and given me her number. I wouldn't have posted about it if my outlook was grim.

I think persistance is an important part of the game, and some girls, especially when approached so directly can feel threatened espeicially in a bar with so many AFC's.

But I'll PM you Wednesday night/Thursday morning after I make sweet-relationshipless-love to this girl.

Yeah... I don't know about that one either.

Lots of girls just give their number even though they have no intention of ever talking to you. At least thats what they do here-- just to get the guy to leave without actually telling them they aren't interested. Hot girls do this all the time. Everyone has her number, but she ain't going out with you.

2 things: She noticed that you were short...She straight up said "I'm not a *****"

OK, I have had this exact same line come from a girl just last month. Inside I was thinking: [yes, you are a *****, thats why you took me to your apartment and your are holding on to my D$%K right now] But, the glory was short lived as she just wanted to feel that she could get some cute guy, (me) to pay attention to her.