I'm attracted to younger girls, but are they interested in older men?

lubstur

Don Juan
Reaction score
If an older man, 38-40s, was highly successful, would age still be a barrier to dating them? Would they give these men a chance to approach and open them?

My first post, I'm 32, and I've decided to go back to law school and to spend the next 4 years working on myself. I've put a hold on dating, and I'm trying to improve my career.

It hurts me to think of my age by the time my grind is over, that I'll be too old to attract the women I'm interested in. My friends have suggested that I should temper my expectations, and that it's not within social norms. I've heard it all, and I've thought it over for years. I still want to date younger women.

I can't remember which member on here posted this, but his quote inspired me, "It is men's duty to strive and become the outliers".

Are younger girls, 18-22, generally attracted to "successful" men in their late 30s? Men who'd make a 7 figure income, are very fit, good looking for the age of late 30s early 40s, and have lived a little more life than younger men?

OR are these kinds of girls outliers, is it then more common for these girls to be attracted only within their age group?

Thank you for reading.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the reality of this.

Very few women in that age bracket would go for a man approaching 40. The exceptions to this would be things like having celebrity status or being incredibly wealthy in order to draw them in. The problem with using that particular approach is you are simply attracting gold diggers into your life and creating a sugar baby-sugar daddy type relationship. This is one of those things that is incredibly high maintenance and a potential recipe for disaster.

Side note, at your age you really wouldn't have much in common with women in this age bracket. These women are barely out of high school, yet you are almost 40........what exactly do you think you'd be able to talk about? If this is purely a physical/sexual relationship it's obviously very different though. However, the only way that would ever occur is if you were doing the sugar baby/daddy approach.

A good age bracket to go for if you are approaching 40 and doing well for yourself is 25-32. These women should be more mature by then but are often still attractive and something you can easily pull. I'm 33, 6'4", 235 and if I was in the right set of circumstances I'm positive I could still realistically date a 23-25 year old, possibly slightly younger.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they don’t care about $. If you are handsome & sexy. They might be interested. girls that age don’t seem to care about money. My teen ex- loved Mcdonalds & Chipotle. If I got her a $35 console game she was thrilled. Older women care more about money. Young girls just want sex.

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they don’t care about $. If you are handsome & sexy. They might be interested. girls that age don’t seem to care about money. My teen ex- loved Mcdonalds & Chipotle. If I got her a $35 console game she was thrilled. Older women care more about money. Young girls just want sex.
That's not true, man. A woman that is anywhere between her late teens and early to mid 20s does not need to go for some guy that is approaching 40 to get sex lol. The vast majority of men approaching 40 or over it will NOT be able to realistically pull women in this age range on their own without using wealth or status as a means to draw them in. These women can go for men around their own age and up to 30 that they can go for, men that are quite a bit younger and naturally more attractive than men that are a decade+ older.

I'm 33 and go to a large commercial gym with a lot of fit people. I can count on one hand how many men there that are near 40 or over it that are fit and that would be considered attractive to women in this age range. These are men that represent the small minority of those in this age bracket, the vast majority around this age are not fit or attractive and have 0 chance of pulling women in their prime years. Hell, even I at 6'4" and 235, which easily puts me in the top 5% of men around my age and maybe even top 2%, would have a hard time pulling a woman that is 20 or 21. 23-25 would definitely be more realistic, and I'm in my early to mid 30s.

You guys are living in a fantasy land if you believe this nonsense. Sure, there are definitely some exceptions to this but they are outliers and should not even be seriously considered as part of this discussion.

Last edited:

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My first post, I'm 32, and I've decided to go back to law school and to spend the next 4 years working on myself. I've put a hold on dating, and I'm trying to improve my career.
You'll be busy, but no reason you can't pull while in school. If you're going to a big university there can be lots of options for you.

It helps if you look good - be in shape and take care of yourself. Dress well. BUT don't try to look young. If you naturally look youthful that's good, but don't dress for a younger crowd in a try hard way.

If you put yourself in the right pools you can pull young women and even date them long term if that's your goal. Go to the bars and cafes near universities. Wherever there are lots of them. I've had good experiences since my mid 30s of pulling young 20s. They're out there. Young women are wild and fun.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If an older man, 38-40s, was highly successful, would age still be a barrier to dating them? Would they give these men a chance to approach and open them?

It hurts me to think of my age by the time my grind is over, that I'll be too old to attract the women I'm interested in. My friends have suggested that I should temper my expectations, and that it's not within social norms. I've heard it all, and I've thought it over for years. I still want to date younger women.

I can't remember which member on here posted this, but his quote inspired me, "It is men's duty to strive and become the outliers".

Are younger girls, 18-22, generally attracted to "successful" men in their late 30s? Men who'd make a 7 figure income, are very fit, good looking for the age of late 30s early 40s, and have lived a little more life than younger men?

OR are these kinds of girls outliers, is it then more common for these girls to be attracted only within their age group?

Thank you for reading.
Well....... its not impossible. I have met women that had relationships with guys 15 to 25 years older then them for years.

While chances on a girl 18-22 are really slim (unless she is a golddigger) in my experience, you definately could find something around 22-25 that could last.

Also keep in mind that the harder times get, the more likely it is a man with finances makes an impression on younger women.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess ive lived a fantasy then. There are women that would date and entertain short term relationships with men quite a bit older than then. It isnt the norm but this forum is about expanding the realm of possibilities with relationships, isn’t it?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Side note, at your age you really wouldn't have much in common with women in this age bracket. These women are barely out of high school, yet you are almost 40........what exactly do you think you'd be able to talk about? If this is purely a physical/sexual relationship it's obviously very different though. However, the only way that would ever occur is if you were doing the sugar baby/daddy approach.

A good age bracket to go for if you are approaching 40 and doing well for yourself is 25-32. These women should be more mature by then but are often still attractive and something you can easily pull. I'm 33, 6'4", 235 and if I was in the right set of circumstances I'm positive I could still realistically date a 23-25 year old, possibly slightly younger.
I agree its the commonality thats the problem , I'm 31 and regularly date girls between 22-26 its not a problem

but in 10 years am I really going to have anything in common with them , sometimes you can find girls that are the exception but its rare

Personally I wouldn't be wanting to isolate myself for 5 years in my 30's its tough enough meeting people as it is

Law school should surely present you with some opportunities though ?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls that age are still searching for what they want, but they are generally attracted to either their own age group or 'Daddies' significantly older than them.
Some early submissive girls might be inspired by Fifty Shades to look for a Billionaire Boyfriend-type Dominant that can take them travelling around the world or other fantasies, but if you just have money you will mostly be interesting to (juvenile) gold diggers.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not true, man. A woman that is anywhere between her late teens and early to mid 20s does not need to go for some guy that is approaching 40 to get sex lol. The vast majority of men approaching 40 or over it will NOT be able to realistically pull women in this age range on their own without using wealth or status as a means to draw them in. These women can go for men around their own age and up to 30 that they can go for, men that are quite a bit younger and naturally more attractive than men that are a decade+ older.

I'm 33 and go to a large commercial gym with a lot of fit people. I can count on one hand how many men there that are near 40 or over it that are fit and that would be considered attractive to women in this age range. These are men that represent the small minority of those in this age bracket, the vast majority around this age are not fit or attractive and have 0 chance of pulling women in their prime years. Hell, even I at 6'4" and 235, which easily puts me in the top 5% of men around my age and maybe even top 2%, would have a hard time pulling a woman that is 20 or 21. 23-25 would definitely be more realistic, and I'm in my early to mid 30s.

You guys are living in a fantasy land if you believe this nonsense. Sure, there are definitely some exceptions to this but they are outliers and should not even be seriously considered as part of this discussion.
I've read a lot of your posts on here and you have this strange notion that other people are always wrong and you are always right, I don't understand what the point of being here is if your not gonna discuss, but dictate.

Im not trying to lambaste you because at least your not pairing insults with your ideas but open your mind a little bit.

Im looking at your statement: Women of this age don't find men of this age attractive... But all you've done is make this statement without explaining your rationale behind it. Fact of the matter is that any man of any age, past 18, can possess the traits of any man of any age, being handsome or attractive is not this thing based on age alone, it is a vector that people of all ages inhabit.

Another thing I want to to make clear to you, WE ARE THE OUTLIERS... What else would we be, what other reason would we have to be here if this wasn't the case? We are here to cultivate extraordinary opportunity for ourselves, not fall into this paradigm that everyone else neatly fits into.

Lighten up a bit, I'm the same age you are, I'm pulling 18 year olds all day.

Also, I'm gonna make a judgement here, your either a woman or raised by a single mother, this is putting you on a different vector of thinking than most other posters here, I'm leaning towards the former though, although I know you've claimed to be a dude, your post here pairs way too nicely with the feminine narrative, that being women should date around their age with no explanation as to why.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(You keep mentioning how tall and athletic you are and how successful you are pulling women, but your advice is severely biased by your notion that you have to be extremely fit and tall and good-looking to snare young women, and that anyone over forty is no longer desirable to women. That alone puts a negative spin on any advice you give here.)

If you're older and you target young women, you have to see what they want and give them what they need instead. And if you can create an attractive niche you can fill, no woman will care about your age.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree its the commonality thats the problem , I'm 31 and regularly date girls between 22-26 its not a problem

but in 10 years am I really going to have anything in common with them , sometimes you can find girls that are the exception but its rare

Personally I wouldn't be wanting to isolate myself for 5 years in my 30's its tough enough meeting people as it is

Law school should surely present you with some opportunities though ?
What else do you need to have in common? What, are you gonna spend every waking moment together?

Ask most guys here, they'll say at most in a LTR you wanna spend 2.5/7 days a week with your partner, basically the Friday night and weekend, this time isn't hard to fill at all, especially if there are kids involved, without kids OK I could see there being difficulty over time.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you want to have everything in common with her? You want differences as well as commonality regardless of age differences.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm 33 and go to a large commercial gym with a lot of fit people. I can count on one hand how many men there that are near 40 or over it that are fit and that would be considered attractive to women in this age range. These are men that represent the small minority of those in this age bracket, the vast majority around this age are not fit or attractive and have 0 chance of pulling women in their prime years. Hell, even I at 6'4" and 235, which easily puts me in the top 5% of men around my age and maybe even top 2%, would have a hard time pulling a woman that is 20 or 21. 23-25 would definitely be more realistic, and I'm in my early to mid 30s

As you put it ‘there are definitely some exceptions…’. As an ‘exception’, I see the world through that lens. However, I agree with you that this situation is indeed an outlier and most should not expect the same. I got lucky.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Rection based on age gap is an excuse for Low interest.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I am age 47 and just ended a 9 months relationship with a 24 year old, slim, attractive, blonde girl.

It can happen. However some of these young girls who go for much older men, have daddy issues & are a little broken.

Shame I had to end it lol

Last edited:

lubstur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ty everyone whose commented so far. Everyone has been blunt, shared their anecdotal experience, perspectives, and have given helpful tips to my circumstance.

What I've noted is to keep fit, find opportunities at school, and dress sharp but age appropriate.

It is possible. Attraction to financial success begets gold diggers however.

Is the general consensus here that girls attracted to the mature man (35-40) are outliers?