Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I said some stupid crap on the phone.. Did I handle this well?

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I've been seeing this HB9 casually for a while now (a few months just kissing, but had sex 2 weeks ago), she's the one I posted about before who asked me to be her boyfriend during sex then changed her mind.. Well anyways, she was texting me earlier saying hi and updated me on her trip to see her cousin. They went to some concert and she told me her cousin's friend tried to make a move on her, but she shot him down. Then she called me up immediately.

She kept going on a rant about this while I was getting phone calls about shows that were still in the booking process for my band and missing the calls (AKA missing money!) So I said to her..

"Hey ____, I don't really want to hear about this guy who tried to move in on you.. I'm not really interested. Call me later." and hung up. I wasn't really thinking about how much of a d0uche I probably was saying this cause I had to get this booking stuff straightened out.

Then I get this huge 4 page text saying how me being rude to her is a huge turn off blah blah.. She knows she's not perfect but she's trying to be a better person.

I replied back about 2 hours later saying "Hey ___, I was just getting bombarded with phone calls and didn't realize I came off with that tone."

I got a reply of "It's okay, I'll ttyl."

I thought to myself "Hmm.. Maybe I should just leave it at that?" But went ahead and just called her up cause texting is way too confusing.. She answered the phone so I took it as a good sign. The convo went like...

Me: "Hey, what's goin on?"
Her: "Nothing really, I can't talk right now though.." (trying to do what I did to her)
Me: "Well all right, I just wanna let you know I'm looking forward to you coming back. I miss your face. Goodnight."
Her: "I miss you too.. Goodnight(She seemed kinda more upbeat after I said the previous statement)"

I think it may have been a little AFC calling her up.. But I've known this girl for so long now (8 years) I wouldn't say I have one-itis for her, but she's been there for me and helped me out a lot of times and I've been there for her too.

I can say to myself that I handled this really well, but I wanna see what you guys think just to get a second opinion. in my book, little arguments will happen here and there, but you just gotta role with the punches and recognize where you went wrong sometimes (like I did).

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong.

The ''I miss you'' seems a bit afc though

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Decent recovery. But you sounded like a douche. I personally find that kind of stuff really amusing, and take it as a good sign if she called you immediately. I would have told her that I had some important phone calls that needed urgent attention, and had her either text me the story or call her back once I was finished with business.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. Decent recovery. You hurt her feelings, she's a girl and all. Then, you made her happy. So you inadvertently did the hot/cold push/pull.

All good.

Now don't ruin it, by bringing it up to her.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. First of all you did right by dismissing her talking about a guy trying to hit on her and secondly, you recovered well by showing her attention and working past your disagreement. Like Johnny said, classic push/pull.

Although it may seem a bit AFC on the surface, I don't think it was such a bad move telling her you missed her face. Kinda smooth actually. As long as you keep it in moderation, the odd compliment or show of attention goes a long way.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Agreed. First of all you did right by dismissing her talking about a guy trying to hit on her and secondly, you recovered well by showing her attention and working past your disagreement. Like Johnny said, classic push/pull.
So am I the only one who finds this kind of stuff amusing? I don't get jealous ONE BIT (abundance mentality). I don't know why guys get all worked up at that kind of sh*t; it's going to happen whether or not you like it.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
So am I the only one who finds this kind of stuff amusing? I don't get jealous ONE BIT (abundance mentality). I don't know why guys get all worked up at that kind of sh*t; it's going to happen whether or not you like it.
It's not a jealousy thing with me. It's just annoying when you know the game your girl is trying to play. It's almost an insult to my intelligence...like, "This is the best you could come up with?"

But on the bright side, if this the girl's attempt at playing games, then you probably dont have to anticipate any genius plot from her.