Hypnosis

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I would like to ask anybody if they've ever gone through "Hypnotherapy" for any mental issue they may have?

I'm looking into hypnosis to basically get my sh*t together. For basically my entire life I've lacked any sort of motivation, any sort of drive. I write down goals, I make mental goals, whatever, but I never act to meet them. No matter how excited I am initially, I fall off very shortly. I've found some hypnotherapy locations within my city, and I'm shopping around for prices, maybe effectiveness.

I feel that certain approaches are probably more effective than others, so I was wondering if anybody has gone in, what for, and how much success?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you just saw that episode of mythbusters, too, huh? (j/k)

peter in 'office space' aside, i've never heard of anyone going to a hypnotherapist to find motivation. (actually...he found de-motivation. or at least motivation to do nothing.)

i really don't think that's what they do. some things hypnotherapy is good for (according to wikipedia & other sources):

1. Anxiety.
2. Insomnia.
3. Pain management.
4. Psycho-somatic disorder, i.e., stress-related illness.

i don't think any of those cover being a lazy ass. :whistle:

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha

I don't see why not. Being a lazy ass is all in your head. If they can help you stop doing things, they can help you to start. The site I looked on, for a local hypnotist, listed motivation on the list of things they could do.

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
NO. Don't go that route. Change requires change in your thinking. More precisely your brain needs to be rewired (literally). You do that through theory, and practice, which amounts to self improvement.

Ez. Theory: if you do a good workout at the gym every 48 hours you will see results. Practice: you do it, and you see results.

Theory: women want you to approach them and talk to them and be horny and all 9 yards while with them. Practice: you approach them and discover that they do actually want that.

Your brain has many thruths build into it, which you aquired from your previous experiences. Some are false, you change them by improving yourself, be it physique or your game. End result will be a better you.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypnosis is just increased suggestibility. That leads to change in your thinking, much easier than if you were to attempt to do it on your own. For the past 18 years I've been like this. I've attempted to change, but I fall off relatively quickly. Hypnosis seems like something I'd be willing to try.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, let us know how it goes. i have a few good-for-nothing friends who could use the same treatment (wait, that sounds suspiciously like "my friend has this problem, and i was wondering.....")

ramesses

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypnotherapy won't slove your problems but it can give you that edge.

Past year i've been experimenting with hypnosis, affirmations, belief systems and anchors.

The thing that helps is thinking the right way or a different way than you already do. For a simple example I used to think buying flowers for a girl would increase her interest for me now I believe that to be total bull****, hence that is the last thing I would do now.

You might think about 'work' (stuff that in your mind you feel you should be doing) = boredom or other negative feelings towards it and you probably see 2 options . work or play videos games (used for an example) and you will always do the later because in your mind it's what you want to do and more enjoyment is associated with it by you.

What you need to try to do is change the way you think about doing all your ****, get the idea in your head that improving and learning is something that you want to do and there should be a real drive to it in you if that's what you really want.

Think about it every second you're doing something postive towards your goals is an extra second your making progress is an extra second you are getting ahead of every other average joe and every minute you spend playing games or watching tv is more time wasted of your life in which you haven't accomplished anything just a static waste of your life.

And think about it how much does it mean to you to accomplish the things you want in your life ? and how will you feel when you never achieve them ? just to see some other guys smug because of how successful they became like you wanted to be but you never put in the effort because you were too lazy.

Reaction score
i think is too good to be true

in that case i will go to so they make me to dont have fear and never get nervous around hot women

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it's not a cure, but it seems like it could be that shove in the right direction. I emailed a local hypnosis person lady thing (scientific I know). This is her response.

Evan,

Thanks for your email and for visiting my website. The things you mentioned can definitely be helped by using hypnotherapy and the power of your subconscious mind. I commend you for searching for a way to take charge of your life.

Concerning the possible number of appointments - every person is different so at this point I would only be guessing. I can narrow it down better after speaking with you and even more after you fill out your confidential forms. Then it's a matter of letting your subconscious mind work at the speed best for you and taking it one appointment at a time. My GUESS would be 3 - 6 appointments based upon AVERAGES from my experience. I would recommend at least committing to 3 appointments to begin with.

Give me a call when you are ready to discuss more. My office number is 402/758-7074.

I hope to talk to you soon, Sue Hull
Thing is, it costs a pretty penny (150/session and 400/3sessions)

Reaction score
pay me half of that money and i'll be on your back annoying you all day until you start doing things.

800 bucks for 6 sessions...damn, another way of looking at it would be.... if i dont start doing something im going to loose 800 bucks.

you dont need that chit, that is for wimps and sissies, but you are a MAN, i know you can do it , you are here because you are not happy the way you are living and the truth is NOTHING in this world that is worth having is easy.

here is an article that changed my life. and its free.

Man of ACTION!
By The Fonz.

A man of action. This is what you must become. A man that does not sit idly by while wrongs are being wrought. A man that will not let himself be disrepected. A man that will stand up for what he believes in. A person who does more than talk of great success and future dreams. You must be a Man of Action. Stop planning for the future. Start succeeding now! Stop saying you will work out and become fit a few months from now. After you're done reading this post, do one hundred pushups(no matter how long it may take you) and get some weights or a gym membership. STOP PUTTING OFF YOUR LIFE. One day you will realise you have wasted your youth and by then it will be too late. You have the opportunity to succeed. You have to opportunity to be happy. You must SEIZE the moment and take ACTION Have a great business idea? Think you could be rich if you only had the chance? START NOW! Gather your resources. Forget the doubts. Without taking risks you will never gain anything. You must ACT! You know that girl you've been thinking about for weeks? Get her number TODAY. You must start the process! If you do not not, you will never finish. Forget waiting for opportunities. A Man of Action CREATES his own opportunities! Your Fate has not been written. Take action today and forget tomorrow.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mexican_player2 said:
pay me half of that money and i'll be on your back annoying you all day until you start doing things.

Mom has already tried it. Bugging me about it makes me not want to do it. :)

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try a cd and some nlp techniques, thats pretty much what they go through with you, then give you a recording to listen to every day apparently.

Listen to the same cd though for at least 30 days to get into your subconcious and reinforce it, if you stop after you start seeing the first sign of results then the effects can fade quickly