How To Stop Being A Blabbermouth? - Rare Plea For Advice

Reaction score
I couldn't find any tips, threads or articles about not being able to keep a secret. I am curious, how do train yourself to not be a blabbermouth, and to keep things people tell you to yourself, and to not tell everybody the crazy things that happen in your life? This is a new habit of mine that started several months ago, and when they say " how are you?" i want to be able to say," Not Much", instead of saying " good. I went on a date with so and so" or " I rapped at a hip hop festival and sucked". I have noticed that i am only a blabbermouth at work, (grocery store), and not anywhere else, and this is one of the only flaws in my inner game. I think i blab because im a good storyteller and people like to listen when i talk, (ego?), and i feel influential and i don't tell people directly, it slips out most of the time . Also one of the problems is that when i tell somebody something, several days everybody knows, and it hasn't been a problem in the past, but one day somebody is going to call me out on it. I am a very social person, everybody at work has known each other for at least a year, but i don't want to be a gossip guy.

Basically, how do i keep myself verbally grounded when i have cool things to say?

Any intelligent feedback welcome.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of 'not much', how about 'I've been pretty busy' - if they are interested, they'll probe for info. Just keep yourself mysterious.

Reaction score
Hughman said:
Instead of 'not much', how about 'I've been pretty busy' - if they are interested, they'll probe for info. Just keep yourself mysterious.
They are usually asking me for information or stories. Just be mysterious? alright ill try that, any other thoughts?

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you have better things to do during the whole time you're telling the story?

Think about it that way next time you feel the need to tell a story to everyone that asks you how you are doing.

Also, keep in mind that lot of times people ask you how you are doing just to be polite...they aren't genuinely interested in hearing about you. Or they are just using you as a source of entertainment...as in, "That guy is fun to talk to because he has interesting stories that kill some boring time that I have."

I don't think telling others about yourself and your life is a flaw in your inner game, but telling everybody about yourself and your life is indeed a huge flaw in your inner game. It makes you look like you need affirmations from other people.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the more you tell girls about yourself right off the bat, the less mysterious you look you them, the less incentive they have to hang out more with you to find out more about you and the less attracted they are to you...

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they ask, they want to know.

If they don't, ask them about themselves.

Reaction score
The Bat said:
Don't you have better things to do during the whole time you're telling the story?

Think about it that way next time you feel the need to tell a story to everyone that asks you how you are doing.

Also, keep in mind that lot of times people ask you how you are doing just to be polite...they aren't genuinely interested in hearing about you. Or they are just using you as a source of entertainment...as in, "That guy is fun to talk to because he has interesting stories that kill some boring time that I have."

I don't think telling others about yourself and your life is a flaw in your inner game, but telling everybody about yourself and your life is indeed a huge flaw in your inner game. It makes you look like you need affirmations from other people.
The Bat you have just shattered my reality. I actually think they are using me for entertainment, kinda like a story babysitter. I don't have this problem with my friends or strangers, but i just realized that some of them are a little too eager to hear from me, and i could actually be doing other things than blah blah about myself. I almosr always respond after with " How are you doing by the way?" and they never seem to tell me more than one sentence.

P.S How do celeberties and influential people handle people in this situation?

P.P.S When people ask me about other people, how to tell them i don't want to blah without sounding like im blowing them off. I have extremely high rapport with them at work, and saying " I don't want to talk about it" lands me in the "Are you mad at me Vic?" part of town.

FairShake said:
If they ask, they want to know.

If they don't, ask them about themselves.
So simple, why havent i thought of this before? I love it!