Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how to end a relationship

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
girl i saw for about a month and a half. when we first met she had a boyfriend, they broke up and I thought we'd be together. I was wrong but it was some fun times... tomorrow when she comes to get her stuff this is what i'm gonna say in person, more or less. lemme know what you think. anything i should add or take out. i'm good at speeches :)

Well it was a lot of fun. I was probably too dramatic when you ended things with me. I mean, in a few weeks you'll be another girl I've dated. I guess it's that you were cute and in law school, and I'd been waiting for that...and I thought that was a big deal at the time. Oh, and you were a girl in law school who knew how to act in bed, haha. I got addicted to that...I hope we can stay in touch.

You made me realize that I need to be thinking bigger. It'd be silly for me to stay in in this town over some girl who may not feel the same next week! I have great opportunities in D.C. and Atlanta that I'm going to look into now. And you were right a few weeks ago when you said if we stayed together we might get resentful... I've always felt really sorry for your boyfriend but I never wanted to tell you. I think what you did to him is terrible but I was too selfish to say anything.

I'm gonna be a better person because of you and I wanted to say thanks. After you ended things with me, I finally beat Tim in tennis, too :). First time ever after three months of playing... thanks again

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its just all wrong. im no expert but thats a **** way to end a relationship sounds like ur groveling

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no it's letting her know i'm better off without her. i'm not asking for anything.. what makes you think i am?

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tobylikestennis said:
girl i saw for about a month and a half. when we first met she had a boyfriend, they broke up and I thought we'd be together. I was wrong but it was some fun times... tomorrow when she comes to get her stuff this is what i'm gonna say in person, more or less. lemme know what you think. anything i should add or take out. i'm good at speeches :)

Well it was a lot of fun. I was probably too dramatic when you ended things with me. I mean, in a few weeks you'll be another girl I've dated. I guess it's that you were cute and in law school, and I'd been waiting for that...and I thought that was a big deal at the time. Oh, and you were a girl in law school who knew how to act in bed, haha. I got addicted to that...I hope we can stay in touch.

You made me realize that I need to be thinking bigger. It'd be silly for me to stay in in this town over some girl who may not feel the same next week! I have great opportunities in D.C. and Atlanta that I'm going to look into now. And you were right a few weeks ago when you said if we stayed together we might get resentful... I've always felt really sorry for your boyfriend but I never wanted to tell you. I think what you did to him is terrible but I was too selfish to say anything.

I'm gonna be a better person because of you and I wanted to say thanks. After you ended things with me, I finally beat Tim in tennis, too :). First time ever after three months of playing... thanks again
bolc

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i'm telling her i pretty much just wanted her for sex and that i have more confidence on the tennis court without her...

how else would that be interpreted?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Toby, if she was the one who dumped you, then she could care less about how you feel, and anything you say is gonna be water off a duck...
Save what is left of your dignity and just say nothing except 'goodbye'.

Pierce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say see ya wit a smile. Don't give no damn speech. Have sum pride

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that you took the time to think this whole scheme up for her will tell her that you are still messed up about her. This kind of defeats the whole purpose of the 'I'm over you' speech. If it were me I'd box up her stuff, stack it right in front of the entrance way, and when she comes over, if I had to be there I'd be civil, let her in etc, then I'd watch tv or something like she's not even there. No big deal. If I thought I could trust her not to be a psyco I wouldn't bother to be there. I'd leave a note saying 'send me the key in the mail when you can'. Then I'd change the locks anyway and it's done. Thats what I'd do.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to tell her you dont need her, is to smile and say goodbye.

Saying less is more. Saying nothing is the most.

No emotion, just smile. Then go replace her.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
boomerick said:
The fact that you took the time to think this whole scheme up for her will tell her that you are still messed up about her. This kind of defeats the whole purpose of the 'I'm over you' speech.
Indeed that is true.

Paradoxically, the most effective way to tell a woman that you are over her is NOT to tell her that you are "over her".
Furthermore, even if you find yourself rehearsing your 'polished silence' then you are not truly over her at all.

(Toby, your 'speech' was cringeworthy...tear it up, flush it, and do what Clint Eastwood would do. )