How the hell...

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gained like 10lbs in the past month or two. How on earth? I haven't been eating enough and I sure as hell haven't packed on 10lbs of muscle. My belly is also getting bigger :( I need to start doing some friggin cardio...damnit.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cheap, crappy simple carbs are easy to fill up on during the holidays...

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gained 5lbs in the past 2 weeks though. It's not the holidays that are doing it. I have no idea what it is. I've been tracking my progress and I've ONLY been getting around 2000-2500 calories. I know I'm burning more than that...

Anybody have a link to a glycemic index site that lists a butt load of different foods?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
without knowing what you've been eating and how long the time was, it's hard to say. 10lbs in 2 months could be a good thing. 10lbs in 1 month could be a very bad thing. however if you're eating to grow and not doing cardio, you should be getting fat - you should be eating so much that without an elevated metabolism and fat burning cardio, you'd put on adipose (not turn into a pig but still more than your body needs).

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm putting on fat, but its not really noticeable. If I flex my abs I can still see them, more so than I have in the couple weeks...

And my weight gain is closer to the past month...

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=StazNasty

i keep track of stuff there.. havent been 100% on it, but the past week or so has been relatively on the dot.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see some ****ty food in there on a daily basis.. still not enough to gain you 10lbs in a month though. don't worry about it. you're still growing after all.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh vending machines = huge temptation.

I guess I'm just going to do cardio and lift my ass off, and somehow manage to clean up my diet, and add to it.

This sh*t is crazy tough, and addicting

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had that happen twice to me since I started to really get serious about working out.

In my case I think I was overtraining. I put on like ten pounds out of no where when I stopped working out for a while.
I started to train again, then got pnemonia and added like eight to ten pounds because I couldn't work out because of it.

I was doing squats, deads and bench every workout about every other day.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only do em once a week, so I'm sure I'm not overtraining.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everything with double digit carbs in your diet appears to be high glycemic index: candy, pasta, etc.

not that i blame you, but it could explain the weight gain.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...looks like i need to toss together a shopping list...

Anybody got a link where I can figure out low glycemic index type foods (don't just give me generals, i'm looking specifics here)

not getting enough protein either...still in the 100s

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Hmm...looks like i need to toss together a shopping list...

Anybody got a link where I can figure out low glycemic index type foods (don't just give me generals, i'm looking specifics here)

not getting enough protein either...still in the 100s
Skilla, I suggest you do some basic reading. Even DIESEL's guides gives you some good carb choices. If you're seriously getting fat and eating crappily at 150lbs something is very wrong.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you drink beer? I've packed on some unwanted pounds because of it.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Raw GI and glycemic load values:

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

More general nutritional info including both:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/

general carb principles (even though you aren't interested, maybe others will be):

- GOOD carbs: fibrous vegetables, whole grain products, fibrous fruits

- BAD carbs: pasta (except whole wheat), white bread / rolls, fruit juices, anything with added sugar or high fructose corn syrup, products that claim to be whole grain but whole grain is not the first ingredient, anything with high "net carbs" (carbs - fiber), fried foods (the breading), candy, chips (there goes about everything in the average vending machine except sesame seeds & plain peanuts)

The only time you need "bad" (simple) carbs is immediately post-workout, in which as almost any sort of simple sugar will do.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uh you're eating like no protein and a crapload of ****ty carbs, what do you expect?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
I'm apparently very close to you in age,weight,height. I'd recommend just doing a 3km jog 5 days a week; that tends to keep the excess weight off.

No offense, but f*ck jogging lol. If I'm going to do some cardio it's going to be on a bike, or some sprints and its going to be moderate to high intensity (my personal preference). I absolutely hate edurance stuff like jogging for a long ass time. I'm a 100m dash runner, so I guess my mental programming is "let's go fast"

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"products that claim to be whole grain but whole grain is not the first ingredient"

Yup, sometimes they use dyes to make it brown. Technically, they can call white bread 'wheat' since it does come from wheat.

Make sure it says "100% whole wheat".

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEs said:
Do you drink beer? I've packed on some unwanted pounds because of it.
Nope. Not a beer fan at all.