Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can I persuade him to go to the doctor? Have you had these symptoms?

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my friends confided in me that he's been getting pains in the perineal area after he ejaculates, I told him he should go to the doctor because it's probably his prostate but he won't go. He said he had the problem before when he used to use steroids, he doesn't use steroids anymore but he's now on something beginning with "tri-" (he told me but I can't remember the word..I think it's a commercial/legal thing, I don't know)

I really think he should go to the doctor about it but he won't, how might I persuade him? Also, have any of you had anything like this before? Did you see a doctor and how did they deal with it? What made you go to the doctor/for a prostate exam and what might have comforted you?
I imagine it could be a symptom of different things, some serious and some not so serious, but I'm concerned that he won't just go get it checked out.

crissco2

Don Juan
Reaction score
You already have him all the advice you can give him, theres nothing you can do untill he realizes it himself.

Fact of the day:
Certain steroids increase DHT (dihydrotesosterone) Which is known to increase prostate size.

Theres a pro-steroid called Tri-Tenbabol...

Tren Does not convert to DHT FYI..Which is a good thing in his case.

His best bet to counter act the DHT effects is finateride, its DHT blocker.

And I have used my self in the past, if your looking for anymore info ill be glad to help.

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
crissco2 said:
You already have him all the advice you can give him, theres nothing you can do untill he realizes it himself.

Fact of the day:
Certain steroids increase DHT (dihydrotesosterone) Which is known to increase prostate size.

Theres a pro-steroid called Tri-Tenbabol...

Tren Does not convert to DHT FYI..Which is a good thing in his case.

His best bet to counter act the DHT effects is finateride, its DHT blocker.

And I have used my self in the past, if your looking for anymore info ill be glad to help.
Thank you, this is really really helpful. I think that might have been what he said he's using atm. He also mentioned maybe using something that makes the muscles harder and you don't lose it when you come off it.....I *think* he said somehting like "andovar", not sure, could that make things worse for him?

What worries me is that he doesn't seem to worried about it, despite him saying it was really painful, he seems to think it's just because of what he's taking and it's not a serious issue. I've googled a bit and found a body building forum talking about something similar in a thread and this guy was on 'androgens' (this might have been the thing he said but I'm sure I remember it like 'andovar') and that this guy had seen different people and they said the stuff he was taking is more likely to be aggravating it than being the root of the problem. But then this thread is about ten years old and doctors may know a bit more about the side effects of these kind of drugs.

I'm seeing him tomorrow, I don't know if I'll get a chance to talk to him alone about it but when I do, what do you think I should mention to him? will finateride deal with the problem or just cover it up? I just want him to go to the doctor really

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Drugs are usually bad, in all cases. It's always been that drugs were used because the pros (Curing or minimizing symptoms) outweighted the often potentially serious side effects. I would say that if these drugs are the cause of the problem, he should of course stop using them! And that is really the sort of thing that requires seeing a doctor for. Prostate problems could kill you.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We cant diagnose the guy over the internet. He needs to see a physician. If he wont go despite your pleading, then it's his problem.

Post-ejaculatory perineal pain does sound like a prostate problem to me, especially given past steroid use. Keep in mind steroids THEMSELVES do not cause prostate cancers, but there are prostate cancers which are testosterone-reactive. In other words, higher levels of test will aggravate neoplastic growth. I have heard of a link between androgens and BPH as well, but I'm not an expert in this area.

I do have steroid experience and I'm a medical (PA) student, but that does not replace a physician's examination in any way.

Also, the drug he was referring to is Anavar, which is mild anabolic steroid typically taken orally.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Colossus said:
there are prostate cancers which are testosterone-reactive. In other words, higher levels of test will aggravate neoplastic growth.
Is that why jacking off supposedly reduces the risk of prostate cancer?

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
We cant diagnose the guy over the internet. He needs to see a physician. If he wont go despite your pleading, then it's his problem.

Post-ejaculatory perineal pain does sound like a prostate problem to me, especially given past steroid use. Keep in mind steroids THEMSELVES do not cause prostate cancers, but there are prostate cancers which are testosterone-reactive. In other words, higher levels of test will aggravate neoplastic growth. I have heard of a link between androgens and BPH as well, but I'm not an expert in this area.

I do have steroid experience and I'm a medical (PA) student, but that does not replace a physician's examination in any way.

Also, the drug he was referring to is Anavar, which is mild anabolic steroid typically taken orally.
I've not spoken to him since yet, I might go to the gym later and he'll be there but if not I might ive him a ring on friday or saturday night. Yeah he used to be on steroids (I think it was quite a while ago), he's now on tri-trenabol/trinabol (trenbolone) and yeah I think you're right, it was anavar he's thinking of going on.
I've looked on wikipedia about trenbolone and he does have a high libido, gets night sweats and really hot at night and only has about 4 or 5 hours sleep a night at most. And yeah if I'm believeing everything on the internet it seems like it's a prostate problem probably linked with that.
But he said to me himself the pains in his perineum are probably linked to what he's taking, and he said it like it's not a serious issue, as if it's part of the package of taking them. How can I persuade him it is an issue and he should see a doctor? I'm guessing he knows the doctor will tell him to stop taking stuff which he doesn't want to do. But then my worry is what if there is something a bit more seriously wrong with his prostate, like an infection or cancer, and it's being aggravated by the drugs but he's just assuming its a bit of swelling from the drugs that he doesn't seem bothered by.

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sageproduct said:
Is that why jacking off supposedly reduces the risk of prostate cancer?
during my prostate and steroid research, ha, I found that apparently the optimal amount of masturbation is 1 or 2 times a week for guys. For some men with prostate problems, masturbating too often or not enough can aggravate the problem........and the links between prostate and masturbation *could* suggest that ejaculating a couple of times a week is healthy for the prostate.

But personally I think there are generally other health benefits from masturbating/orgasming, I know that when I've got the flu, although I feel really **** and like the last thing I want to do is masturbate, I'll masturbate anyway and I get better so much quicker compared when I've had the flu and I didn't. It's also great for unblocking your nose when your trying to get to sleep, not sure why, strange but works. I'm guessing the getting better quicker is all to do with the increased blood circulation....because I vaguely remember from basic biology (this could be entirely wrong) that all the symptoms you get of flu is your body trying to kill off the virus while it's looking for the particular antibodies that will kill it, and my complete guess is that the orgasming/increased circulation, helps fin it quicker. Also all the endorphins released at orgasm probably make for nice natural painkillers.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CuriousGirl said:
But personally I think there are generally other health benefits from masturbating/orgasming, I know that when I've got the flu, although I feel really **** and like the last thing I want to do is masturbate, I'll masturbate anyway and I get better so much quicker compared when I've had the flu and I didn't. It's also great for unblocking your nose when your trying to get to sleep, not sure why, strange but works. I'm guessing the getting better quicker is all to do with the increased blood circulation....because I vaguely remember from basic biology (this could be entirely wrong) that all the symptoms you get of flu is your body trying to kill off the virus while it's looking for the particular antibodies that will kill it, and my complete guess is that the orgasming/increased circulation, helps fin it quicker. Also all the endorphins released at orgasm probably make for nice natural painkillers.

Not sure I really get what you're saying.

Pics might help?