High Paying Job Drains all my Time

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Nice, what podcasts do you like?

I wouldn't go as far to listen to audiobooks while working, but I think that anything that lets you work more is a very good thing. I need the music and podcasts to keep going haha.

What kind of podcasts do you like?
Agree that an audiobook would be too deep/distracting. But anything else in the background that helps you is good.

I’ll just answer quick so I don’t drift the thread off topic.

Lately, my fav podcaster is Cal Newport. He’s a CS professor and expert on time management/planning/organization/focus.

For dating/relationship stuff, I like Ask Women (with Marni).

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going from a salary of $75,000 per year to $120,000 per year is impressive. There are more expectations and more demands when you earn so much more.
That being said, there's so much to learn at this job that it is extremely exhausting. I'd say I have, maybe one more year before I'm totally burnt out? I need to figure out a solution to this.

After I get my contract renewed, I’m highly considering a two week staycation. That might help me mentally so I can do another 6 months. And give me something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm vaping cannabis while having my trousers snake licked, but whatever floats your boat. :cool:
Is your main source of income writing now? I definitely envy that lifestyle..

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If a high paying job is draining all your time, it's not high paying.

Work is never about how much you make, it's always a function of how much you make per unit of time worked.

If you are working 65 hours a week making 120K, you actually are simply working for the same pay as someone working normal hours being paid $73K.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is your main source of income writing now? I definitely envy that lifestyle..
I'm semi-retired. I'm an artist/writer and father to teenagers. Former private security consultant. Nobody's employee.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm semi-retired. I'm an artist/writer and father to teenagers. Former private security consultant. Nobody's employee.
Thats great! It can be a grind working for the man… but somehow i handle it.

i have thoughts of writing one day