Having your life together/

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course the popular party-going buff guy is going to get girls if he has games, but often I see these really interesting guys get genuine attention of some women not because of their social standing or fitness or whatever, but based on their.. well, interestingness?
To me the typical successful alpha dude (knows lots of people, goes out a lot, gets hot girls, makes money) is rather ordinary as a guy - while he's successful and charismatic and so forth, he strikes me as normal and ordinary. Typical great guy.
When I think of guys I know who have really cool hobbies (writing, film, music, language, travel, etc w.e) who have a great presence, they strike me as bigger idol figures than the quote-on-quote typical successful guy.
These guys have their stuff together, but they aren't exactly really popular or party-goers or sleep with lots of girls. It's like they're above all of that.

Not sure how to explain it... think Indiana Jones. I know he's fictional but his character (and others like him, both on the big screen and in real life) isn't based around him being a social animal playa-esque alpha, it's about him being passionate about life.

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I think I am one of those guys. I am a musician, intellectual type of person. I get plenty of IOI's at school, but I never follow up on them. :( Maybe that "being above all of it" idea is a good thing sometimes. It keeps you centered. But then at other times I get mad that I can't get girls when I have a lot more substance than a lot of guys who do.

Girls want to date someone who is different than others, but not weird (unless that's what they're into). Having a sense of style and not following the trends mindlessly is a masculine trait. There is a tendency to want to be as homogenous as possible, so that people will accept you more easily, but this can be a manifestation of weakness. The HB's must get tired of dating the same types of guys over and over. After all they get approached all the time and have plenty of opportunities for sex so it makes sense that they would want to try something different, which is not so readily available.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterMcGee said:
Of course the popular party-going buff guy is going to get girls if he has games, but often I see these really interesting guys get genuine attention of some women not because of their social standing or fitness or whatever, but based on their.. well, interestingness?
To me the typical successful alpha dude (knows lots of people, goes out a lot, gets hot girls, makes money) is rather ordinary as a guy - while he's successful and charismatic and so forth, he strikes me as normal and ordinary. Typical great guy.
When I think of guys I know who have really cool hobbies (writing, film, music, language, travel, etc w.e) who have a great presence, they strike me as bigger idol figures than the quote-on-quote typical successful guy.
These guys have their stuff together, but they aren't exactly really popular or party-goers or sleep with lots of girls. It's like they're above all of that.

Not sure how to explain it... think Indiana Jones. I know he's fictional but his character (and others like him, both on the big screen and in real life) isn't based around him being a social animal playa-esque alpha, it's about him being passionate about life.
You know how lucky you are? You know what you want, many people take a lifetime to find out what they want! If you like it so much why don't you be like that.. (unless you are then its thumbs up for you :up: )

It's not what people tell you to be that's gonna make you happy, it's what you tell yourself you wanna be that's gonna make you happy. Now start persuing your goals so you can idolize yourself :cool:. Women sense when a person has his stuff togheter, it's called confidence, that's whats making them attractive and intresting.

When I talk about wakeboarding I feel that adrenaline I get when I'm on that board, just by thinking back of it, women see that, the way you talk is totally different then like doing routine, its for real and they know it.