Green Lantern recast as gay! WTF!

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Its apparent that even the slightest bit of homosexual representation in greater society puts a large amount of fear into small weak men. Because it is only a weak man that feels threatened by homosexuals or their appearance in popular culture...especially when popular culture panders the most to what we as straight men want.

Its no different than when people made a huge deal out of minorities and women being cast in certain roles in popular culture years back (tv, movies, ads, comic books, etc)

The kind of overreaction we see in this thread is fueled by that same kind of ignorance and hate. The thing is, is that 40 years from now, people will look back on crap like this and wonder why it was ever a big freaking deal at all. People will shake their heads at how stupid people used to be.

Why do people get so uppity about gays? You wouldnt tell people not to make superheros black would you? You wouldnt tell an asian or latino person that they couldnt marry a white or black person would you? Yet in 2012, we have people flipping out over gay comic book heroes and gay marriage.

Really?

Im done with this thread. Im not surprised its on this forum. Nor should I care about the opinions in this thread....because I know these kinds of thoughts are fading in greater society and that our society is getting smarter about equality. Its amazing how paranoid some dudes are here. I have better things to worry about then what gay men are doing. 99% of male and female comic book heroes are straight, yet dudes are getting butt-hurt(pun intended) over a few homosexual ones. Pathetic.
Glad you're done with this thread....
Why is it that some homosexuals (and those that defend it) use past and present RACIST oppression as a comparison to their plight ?
The only thing that makes a homosexual unique is that they prefer sex with someone of their own gender. They can keep this matter as private or as public as they want. I have two neighbors (whom I consider friends) who live together as a couple. One is very "Queenie", the other one comes across as as a regular dude. I can not imagine the second guy suffering any discrimination based on his sexuality because he does not come across as someone who has stereotypical gay traits. It is only when someone chooses to expose their sexuality that they face reaction to their lifestyle.
Although I do not consider homosexuality "normal", I respect the idea of freedom of choice. If two people of the same gender want to hold hands or get married, whatever, but I don't have to think it's a wonderful thing do I ?
If I privately dissapprove, yet share my thoughts on a forum, I'm weak ?
Suppose you have a son ? Which do you prefer?
As a young teenager, he is raped by an older man........or, as a young teenager he is seduced into having sex with an older woman.............
Well, we know the answer don't we ! Even if this young man was confused as to whether he was straight or gay, how do you feel about the first scenario ?
I know, you're too much of a macho Alpha to care about gay comic book characters

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
I missed this. Big Jimbo is the man, once again.
My friend, you are on a Higher Plane than the rest of these boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwuNPMH9nLg
For you, my friend. Smooth as silk.

BTW, when I think of your wonderful name I think of this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClVGVsXyY-c
One of the best movies of the 80's. Scooters, trailer park trash from Texas, surf, and awesome scenes from the typical 80's shopping mall :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0i6jh3ukxY
This movie is still f---- awesome.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread turned ugly real fast.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Women don't drive men to suicide?
Not because of the heterosexual guy's sexuality. No one has been bullied for being straight, no one has been disowned from their family because they were straight, and no one has been told they are going to burn in hell because they are straight.

apocolipto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
This thread turned ugly real fast.

Agreed.I would have put a stop to it if I were a mod.Racism,sexism and heterosexuality....

Just my opinion.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Women don't drive men to suicide?
???

Um...I hope you arent comparing the reasons many lgbt people commit suicide to the reason straight men do.

Last I checked, the reason many lgbt folk commit suicide is because of being bullied, abused, ridiculed, hated, etc by ignorant idiots in society...and this is all because of their sexual orientation. Those folks feel very alone at times because they are a small minority of most cultures...especially if they arent living in large metropolitan areas.

Straight men commiting suicide doesnt compare, because they arent commiting suicide because their straightness isnt accepted. They commit suicide due to a variety of reasons that arent uncommon to gay folks....basically, if you laid out reasons a mans relationship with a woman might drive him to suicide, I could draw parallels to gay folks and their same sex partners.

All in all, the difference is that gay folks are unique in one of the big reasons some of them take their own life (not being accepted for being homosexual) that straight folks have no direct parallel to. And its alarming that someone takes their life because of the way society treats them. Imagine if another minority group was doing that...its a real shame.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Last I checked, the reason many lgbt folk commit suicide is because of being bullied, abused, ridiculed, hated, etc by ignorant idiots in society...and this is all because of their sexual orientation. Those folks feel very alone at times because they are a small minority of most cultures...especially if they arent living in large metropolitan areas.
Bullsh!t, stop pretending homo's are not on societies protected species list. Besides you can't have it THAT bad if my son can pick up a comic book and learn how "normal" it is to phuck another dude in the ass.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apocolipto said:
Agreed.I would have put a stop to it if I were a mod.Racism,sexism and heterosexuality....

Just my opinion.
There is no racism and sexism anywhere except your imagination here.

Sometime it seems the sole fact of acknowledging the existence of different races or genders is a reason good enough to shut down the light and close the doors as if we were talking about God in some integralist country.

You are probably one of those guys that if a black guy sits close to him on the bus near his stop, would rather miss the stop than standing up in that same moment.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
Bullsh!t, stop pretending homo's are not on societies protected species list. Besides you can't have it THAT bad if my son can pick up a comic book and learn how "normal" it is to phuck another dude in the ass.
This guy knows what he's talking about.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
There is no racism and sexism anywhere except your imagination here.

Sometime it seems the sole fact of acknowledging the existence of different races or genders is a reason good enough to shut down the light and close the doors as if we were talking about God in some integralist country.

You are probably one of those guys that if a black guy sits close to him on the bus near his stop, would rather miss the stop than standing up in that same moment.
lol @ denial

Are you going to tell us no one is behaving homophobically in this thread either?
( . )( . ) said:
They are "protected" because of the way people like you behave.

Maybe if you werent so immature about someones simple attraction to someone of the same sex, then gays wouldnt need to be "protected". Do you not realize that the you whining manifests itself into some hateful behavior in others. The guys who say the things you do about who isnt "normal" or complain about LGBT folk being protected, are the same guys who go around gay bashing and wishing gays didnt have the same rights everyone else does.

Do realize that theres dumb kids in schools around the country who get taught to harass these kids because immature adults such as yourself teach them to treat homosexuals as "other". And adolescence is a really strange time for most kids...so being bullied doesnt help anyone, and is a huge reason why many kids commit suicide...gay or straight. With all the hormones and life changes kids deal with in junior high and high school, they definitely dont need their peers to be taught how to treat them badly by people like you.

Difference is that straight kids arent bullied for being straight. You really need to grow up. All you are doing is perpetuating intolerance against a group of people who dont deserve that.

PS - No one cares what you think is or is not "normal". At the end of the day, homosexuals will end up with the same rights everyone else has, and all this crap is going to go away. Its already started with the president setting a good example by backing gay marriage. And good for him. I truly cant believe you are 36....then again it makes sense that someone from the older generation is this close minded and negative about homosexuality. It really isnt a big deal it all.

I rest my case. But have fun making a negative, emotional, and most likely to be expletive filled rebuttal. I dont understand why some folks here cant live and let live. Why the hell is anyone complaining about what gay men, lesbian women, or anyone else do? Wow

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
lol @ denial

Are you going to tell us no one is behaving homophobically in this thread either?
Of course not, plenty of users are behaving homophobically in this thread.
If by this thread we consider that user imagination and yours of course.

Many just shown their disapproval toward rappresentation of a kids hero as homosexual, no one here mind homosexuals living their lifes the way they want, I for sure think that they deserve
any right to live their sexuality freely as much as they want no different than we all deserve the right to hire whoever we want with no constrictions from society or government.

I have that terrible disease called "freedom of choice for everybody", something PCs and leftist dont love particularly.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh...in that case...my apologies

I did not know it was bad for children to learn that homsoexuals can be normal like everyone else. I did not know it was bad for kids to see that anyone could be a superhero. Whats so bad about kids learning that some people are gay? Its no different from kids knowing some people are muslim or black. People are different in this world.

Forgive me for not knowing it was a big deal that less than 1% of all superheroes are homosexual.

/sarcasm

The fact that this is even a problem for people...the fact that some have responded belligerently...and the fact that some have called homosexuality something immoral, wrong, or not "normal" is very much homophobic. The fact that this thread even exists is a prime example of the ever present homophobia is our society. Why the hell do we need a thread on this website complaining about homosexuals being represented in comic books...when 99% of all super heroes are straight. Why?

How is labeling homosexuality an "epidemic" not homophobic? People used to say the same things about blacks and jews...and if you ever run into stormfront-type idiots online, many still call certain ethnic groups an epidemic. Would anyone says that isnt racist? People used to say women in certain workplaces was an epidemic. Is that not sexist?

Let be real here.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Oh...in that case...my apologies

I did not know it was bad for children to learn that homsoexuals can be normal like everyone else. I did not know it was bad for kids to see that anyone could be a superhero. Whats so bad about kids learning that some people are gay? Its no different from kids knowing some people are muslim or black. People are different in this world.

Forgive me for not knowing it was a big deal that less than 1% of all superheroes are homosexual.
Of course, highly impressionable kids will be unaffected by the fact that their superhero is openly gay. :rolleyes:
So what if some "artificial gays" will be created, you ask?
A:
- more confused people is what we need;
- people will _always_ discriminate. Your "flower power equality" mindset is sh!t.

A question begs to be asked: Jaylan, are you gay or bi?

And ultimately: why mention that a superhero is gay when the target audience (kids!) barely know what sexuality is?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
Of course, highly impressionable kids will be unaffected by the fact that their superhero is openly gay. :rolleyes:
So what if some "artificial gays" will be created, you ask?
A:
- more confused people is what we need;
- people will _always_ discriminate. Your "flower power equality" mindset is sh!t.

A question begs to be asked: Jaylan, are you gay or bi?

And ultimately: why mention that a superhero is gay when the target audience (kids!) barely know what sexuality is?
So its ok for straights to be represented in comic books, and its ok for straight kids to have someone to emulate and look up to...but it isnt ok for young gay children to have role models? Ok I see your points :down: I guess youd rather young people who happen to be gay, to continue to grow up feeling like freaks and feeling like they arent "normal"?

Your acting as if 1 super hero being gay is going to change a straight kids sexual orientation...um no it wont. Sexuality is not a choice...and a small amount of gay superheroes aint changing anything. It wont make anyone confused...because people will embrace their natural attraction no matter what others tell them. Why else do you think gay folks risk ridicule and death across the world just so they can be who they truly are. I dont see why some of you want to suppress peoples right to exist or god forbid have a few role models in popular culture.

And Im straight btw...Its funny how some ignorant people such as yourself automatically assume someone is gay or bi if they happen to stick up for Lgbt people. I stick up for equality in general, and Im confident enough in my sexuality to not give a damn what homophobic losers think. Im getting my puzzy so why should I care if some dudes assume Im gay or bi? Especially if these same dudes sit around worrying about what goes on in a gay persons life.

Hell, one time I had to get in some dudes face at a bar back in my senior year of college. Why? Because him and his friend were plotting to harass these two guys making out in the bar. Firstly, we went to a liberal college with a decent sized Lgbt population, so 2 women or 2 men making out in the bar wasnt uncommon. It may have been more uncommon at the particular bar we were in though. Secondly, what kind of douche stands there and plots with his buddy to push or throw ice at two people enjoying themselves? Do some men need to prove how straight they are that badly? Women dont do this sh!t so why do guys get all immature about someone who isnt even bothering them or their life? My problem is that the attitude of folks in this thread many times ends up manifesting itself in crap like what I just mentioned to you.

Lastly, comic books arently simply targeted at kids. Do you realize how many teens and adults read comics. Look up conventions on youtube...it aint most kids their with mom or dad. Its most young adults and teenagers. Ages 15 to 29 seem to be the biggest age group.

P.S. - At the end of the day Im someone whos been discriminated against in the past, so I cant stand when people try and step on other groups of people. Growing up I saw how some idiots treated the gay kids in school....and where does that behavior come from? From those kids/teens/young adults stupid parents who taught them that it was ok to treat someone as "other". Sorry, that dont fly with me.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
So its ok for straights to be represented in comic books, and its ok for straight kids to have someone to emulate and look up to...but it isnt ok for young gay children to have role models? Ok I see your points :down:
No you dont, that user had a point that can close this thread.
This line is unacceptable even for you, despite what you "progressists" think, KIDS should be left outside sexuality and politics.
A 8 yrs old kid shouldnt be introduced to sexuality before he grows up and ask himself for clarifications, this bvll**** and madness about "making it rights" from the beginning is like a cancer.

Kids are kids for a reason, they are young and naive and you and people like you should stop trying to "educate" them about homosexuals, the holocaust, the slavery or whatever crusade you fight for.
Just put it in that messed up head that people in no condition to being responsible for something bad is innocent, wheter we talk about racism,the holocaust or homophoby.
There will be plenty of time to bust their balls when they will be grown adults.

Geez they should make new dollars, instead of old presidents they should put some PC activist and as a line "in bust we trust".

Im not gonna ask if you are gay or bi a they did, its not relevant nor is my business but as usual you seem emotionally invested as any other thread about minority/gender rights.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read my last point. Most comic book readers...and big enthusiasts of superhero culture...arent even kids to begin with.

Have you ever seen or been to a convention? Have you ever checked out who mostly goes to see superhero movies? Its not a kid driven industry at all. The kids point I made is only one SMALL point. Im more concerned about teenagers and young adults having positive role models, or someone they can relate to in popular culture. Im more concerned with people knowing they are seen in greater society and dont feel so alone to the point of committing suicide.

Again, I dont see any problem with any group of people having positive representation in popular culture.

P.S. - People should be taught whats right and wrong from a young age. The problem is too many adults teach kids, teenagers and other adults how to hate other people or think less of other people. Thats just wrong.

Regent

Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
Im not gonna ask if you are gay or bi a they did, its not relevant nor is my business but as usual you seem emotionally invested as any other thread about minority/gender rights.
And you seem emotionally invested in promoting bigotry. Actually all the main bigots on SS seem to have come out in full force on this thread. Thankfully your views are now as anachronistic as a 1960s TV show.

Regent

Reaction score
Danger said:
The only racism present in this thread are those who would say it's ok to be racist against whites because they somehow have it easy.

And that is EXACTLY the reason why whites should be protected as well as any other race. Simply because the prevalent mentality today is to say IT IS OK to be racist against whites.
Christ, you're so naive. Cry moar.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
P.S. - People should be taught whats right and wrong from a young age. The problem is too many adults teach kids, teenagers and other adults how to hate other people or think less of other people. Thats just wrong.
What's wrong is you pushing your destructive ideology onto mine and others children and shaming others for daring to disagree. I don't give a rats ass if you dabble in the dark arts of c@cksuckery, I don't "hate" you for it. See the difference?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Regent said:
And you seem emotionally invested in promoting bigotry. Actually all the main bigots on SS seem to have come out in full force on this thread. Thankfully your views are now as anachronistic as a 1960s TV show.
Is this a joke?

*Men taken to the cleaners in court to lose 70% of his net worth, has a 30% chance to gain custody of his own children.

*Highest dropout rate of school boys ever seen.

*Men portrayed as complete tards through mainstream media.

*Women now statistically unhappier than they ever were.

*A sea of clueless and confused fatherless children.

*College age boys now showing half the test levels of their fathers.

I could go on but phuck ya, keep that crap for mainstream sites eh? Negged all the same.