Going out - Drinking Beforehand

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going out in a bit...I tend to drink heavily before I go out. I say I do it to save money, as it's quite expensive to drink at bars in NYC on a Sat. night. But tonight as I sit here drinking alone, I feel a bit guilty. Like I'm starting to use alcohol as to much of a crutch. I can talk to girls in public while sober, but I am more brave while drunk. Just thought I'd throw this topic out there for discussion.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true that alcohol gives you more courage but sometimes it gives you the courage to do stupid things like picking fights with bouncers twice your size.

Alcohol can be good if you can keep it to a pleasant buzz. You feel good and your inhibitions are slightly reduced but you're still thinking straight and you don't do stupid things.

I've seen some dudes totally screw things up with girls because they drank too much and became jack asses.

Frog X

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah me and my housemate usually get slightly buzzed before going out. I think Im getting better because I was using pingers as a crutch for a while there :nervous: they were fun though haha.

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it's okay to have a drink or two when you're at the club. It's normal social behavior.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean, being a recent college grad in this wonderfully terrible economy. I usually do have a drink or two before I head out. It's ridiculously expensive out here.

I mean, the most important thing is making sure you can "replicate" your personality on the day 2. There have been plenty of times where I get pretty drunk and it helps me pump up girls' buying temperature and on the next date they wonder where that guy went.

In the end, just make sure you're not getting drunk. Matador always tells me "From a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being sober, and 10 being totally drunk, I like to game at a 4", on the same token too, he does focus more heavily on same night lays and doesn't worry so much about the day 2.

If you're just starting out, I would recommend that you go out sober, it's tougher, but you'll be glad you did.

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
The more you go out sober, the more you'll improve.
This is some advice im thinking of taking simply because i need to get comfortable being sober in a bar environment. I.E. Two weekends ago me and 2 friends went to a bar that was completely packed and i felt overwhelmed as soon as we entered even tho i knew like 15-20 of the ppl there. It took about 4 crown and cokes to get that "liquid" confidence/relaxation.

Getting into that vibe that i get into after a few drinks, without actually drinking would be beneficial.