Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going Bald?

S.U.R.F.

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL dude, it looks fine. Don't worry about it.

If you are going bald shave it. I shaved my head, I'm ****ing 17. Can you imagine? Its not that bad. But there are a few kids in my school who is clearly going bald, yet they refuse to shave their heads. No big deal bro.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I'm "speculating".. but it's based on my dealings with women. all things equal, they like hair. So, as I said.... It IS a big deal for a 23 yr old guy who has a big head 7 nose, to lose his hair. Bottom line.
Well then I guess I am lucky because I have good facial symmetry, an average sized nose, and bright blue eyes. So going bald since my mid teens really hasn't bothered me a whole lot.

I guess we have different definitions of what is considered a big deal. I don't care what women think about me (or my hair), nor do I care about how many women I can date, I am picky and only go after really hot women. If I have to date less women because I am going bald, then that's life, it's not something to get bent out of shape about.

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get used to it if it is happening, let it go naturally. Cut it short. I started losing my hair at about 21. Now I kind of like the way my receding hairline looks, oddly enough. I will be totally bald probably in about 6 years, I am 28 now. Will probably start shaving it all the way down soon. The thing is in my early 20's I worried about it so much, it blew my confidence and I didn't think I was that attractive to woman. Now that I am a little more mature I realize that I have enough other positive traits to make up for going bald and I am having the most success with women that I have ever had.

Work out and get a good body, it will make up a lot for going bald and it's the one thing you can really control.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support guys.

The problem wasn't really about the fact that I was going bald and how it could affect my game, but really just that I might be losing something that I couldn't get back ever.

I think I'm just going to ride it out for a couple weeks/months and see if it's progressing and if so how dramatically. I'm starting to believe that this was mostly just paranoia on my part, and that my vertex just looks like that because of how long my hair has gotten. I do know for a fact that my hairline has been receding over the past couple of weeks/months, but I'm starting to suspect that it might just be normal thinning and not actually going bald.

Like I said before, my uncle is completely bald, but my dad is around 60 and he still has a full head of hair (just starting to thin out a bit), but just had his hairline recede. Here's hoping I inherited his hair!

I'll just take a photo every couple of weeks and consult with my hairstylist when I see her next, as she'll probably know best since she works with it all the time. If I actually am going bald, then I can cross that bridge when I get to it.

EDIT: And to all the a$$holes that responded with "so you're going bald so what" you can fvck off for not even addressing the point of the thread.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with hair falling out either after a hot shower or using product. Besides, those can't cause baldness they just might cause hair to fall out. If you're not going bald it will grow back.

Mr.H

Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
EDIT: And to all the a$$holes that responded with "so you're going bald so what" you can fvck off for not even addressing the point of the thread.
And the point of the thread seems to me a cry baby that can't accept that he's going bald and sees it as a sign of being a 'loser'

Grow up child.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, bald people are the only ones who think this is a big huge deal. The rest of us don't even really notice. Yeah, there's the occasional wise guy who'll crack a joke.

But focus on what you can change. Develop a powerful body. Any possbile benefits of products like Rogaine are not worth the hit you will take to your self-confidence because you can't live with yourself as you are.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im reading all sorts of garbage on this thread. Being bald is not a big deal, and a confident man will embrace it.

Im 23 and I shave my head. I've have done this since last year, after many years of self-consciousness for losing my hair starting as a teenager. You can say that I got the short end of the stick when it comes to hair - more than half the men in my family are losing or have lost their hair.

But it doesnt matter. I got tired of thinking about it, tired of paying for Rogaine and Propecia, and I decided to go for a permanent solution. Since I shaved my head last year, I've doubled the amount of women I've slept with. Nobody gives a sh!t, and neither should you. Some women dig the bald look, believe it or not.

Plus, its much lower maintenance than having long hair. No more money on haircuts and shampoo. I dont keep it smooth and I shave once every 4-5 days - takes about 5-10 minutes with the headblade. Easy.

Here are some resources for you:
http://www.headblade.com/
http://baldisbold.net/

embrace it.

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.H said:
And the point of the thread seems to me a cry baby that can't accept that he's going bald and sees it as a sign of being a 'loser'

Grow up child.
What is this crap?

Why should he have to accept it, if he DOESN'T want to. And he doesn't have to either. Some people can't imagine themselves being bald. It's not like we grow up being bald, we grow up with hair on our heads. Thats what we're used to. Then suddenly we start noticing thinning. Maybe he should just shave it down to a #1 to see how he could potentially look if he had to go bald. He's not saying beind bald is being a loser, hes saying he, himself would look ridiculous bald right now, because of other aspects.

Theres nothing wrong with looking after your desired appearance.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
My advice for thinking you are going bald when getting your hair cut: "The less it grows, the shorter it goes!"

As for the people who crack jokes. I tell them I don't have a forehead I have a FIVE head, or My hairline starts at the back of my neck!

I'm alot older and thought I was going to go bald and didn't care. All the people who said I was "going bald" in high school all have a horseshoe of hair growing on their head while mine is still the same and still dark.

Don't worry about something you can't control except for getting a shorter haircut or shaving it bald if need be.

Comb overs, Made in China lead toupee's, and rogaine are for the weak of mind.

Mr.H

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Mad Ghost said:
What is this crap?

Why should he have to accept it, if he DOESN'T want to.And he doesn't have to either. Some people can't imagine themselves being bald.
If he doesn't then he's going to end up with a very large chip on his shoulder as it gets worse. There is nothing he can do about it, so what else can he do other than accept it?

The Mad Ghost said:
He's not saying beind bald is being a loser, hes saying he, himself would look ridiculous bald right now, because of other aspects.
He wrote
What's worse than looking like a hideous middle aged balding loser?
Correct me if I am wrong but this suggests to me that he thinks bald people are losers. !!

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.H said:
Correct me if I am wrong
Okay, I will. In the OP I said this:

Me said:
Now I wouldn't really care if I was one of those guys that could pull it off. But I'm not. I have a big nose, and that's bad enough. I need a hairstyle that can offset it. My head is also massive, to the point where I'd look absolutely ridiculous if I shaved it.
In other words, I'm not worried about being bald; I'm worried about being ugly and bald.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude! you are not going bald.
the little place you are focusing on is NORMAL.
this is nothing to freak over.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another photo. I don't know why I'm freaking out so much about this, but I don't remember my vertex being that big a couple months ago even. Could I please just get your guys' opinions again on this? Balding, normal thinning, or just completely normal? Everyone I've asked says it's normal but it looks like a bald spot to me.

Please no "you're going bald so what" posts I get it you're fine with it.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noticed that my hairline looks like it's receded a bit, and that I can pull hair out from the very front pretty easily. Also noticed that the shampoo that I've been using has 0.5% Zync Pyrithione. Stopped using it immediately and switched to Nizoral 3 times a week with some normal shampoo on the other days.

I'm also meeting with my stylist tomorrow to get my hair cut and get her opinions on this. I'm not as concerned with the bald spot on the back of my head (if indeed that's what it is) as I can treat that with Rogaine if I absolutely have to, but I don't want my hairline to recede all the way back and be bald in like a year from that.

mustfirstregister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My hair is getting thin too. I can't do anything about it.

Anyway why are you pulling your hair out?

Joe Stud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to what i said earlier, and what Penkitten told you as well (a womens view is invaluable)... you are fine. you are not going bald.

look in the mirror and say it 20 times: I am confident, and I am NOT going bald.....

big weezy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
Yeah but I haven't experienced any of those so they don't count, I can take those for granted that they won't happen until they do, just like I did my hair. :)

1. I don't look good with short hair or a shaved head.
2. I'm not old. Old guys can pull it off wonderfully, because they can pull almost anything off really well. They're old, it makes them distinguished and respectable.

Yeah I really know that it is. It's really hard to change something that's so deeply embedded in who you are, though. I just love my hair and never even considered the fact that I might lose it until a few weeks ago. It's really something that's freaked me out recently.

And I knew everything you said before you even posted. Hell, I've said that sh!t to other people on this forum. It's just hard to accept and to actually believe.

Coupled with a lot of other stuff that I'm dealing with right now, it's just the icing on the cake.
i think you're paranoid, your hair looks fine.

BUT if you really feel you need to do something about it, forget the rogaine stuff that stuff is sh1t and a waste of money i used it for about year and half and it did nothing and is a pain to use.

in that time i could have started propecia and not lost as much hair during those 18 months.

anyhow i rate propecia very highly if you start it early, you have to bear in mind that it may not regrow your hair to how it was but at the very least it should slow down the thinning hair loss process dramatically.

say under normal circumstances you'll lose all your hair in 10 years, using propecia it'll take 20 years.

in some people it regrows their hair thicker than before but this is rare and in my case it's literally slowed down the hair loss process dramatically.. i still have lost hair and thinned over the past 4 years of using it however im better off than i was than if i didnt given the rate i was losing it at before.

so stop complaining and go get propecia and start using it :)

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
nah man I have all my hair and I do everything you say not too here. There is no real evidence other than "folk lore" that can point the blame at what you said.

Going bald is genetic, and *maybe* stress related...mostly the former. I'll admit its one of those things I have nightmares about too. I can't imagine the self conscience males who start losing in their 20s in college..

Also in regards to the OP and the photos, I and everyone else on my mothers side has those ( my youngest cousin has two). Its not a sign of balding as my mothers side was pretty good about that. Most of my friends who are losing or lost their hair do it from the hairline above the eyebrows first. Look at Connery when he was younger; same pattern started developing and progressing. At least he had most of his flow during his youthful years.
hair products make very little difference to going bald, i was paranoid about losing my hair at one point when my hairline receded slightly but thats just a maturing hairline and i wasnt actually going bald. so i did alot of research on it and it is purely genetic wether your going to go bald or not... did you think darwin was putting gel into his hair 100 years ago which made him bald? no

wearing a hat also has no affect and the laser comb is bull**** scam aswell

the only thing that will work is propecia with the nazerol (sp?) gel . im now 23 and im very lucky that my hair is very thick and can cover anything that is receding for at least another 3 years id say.

p,s hair takes forever to recede so dont think your gonna be bald in a years time