Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

'Give me your number instead'

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So today I talked to a HB7 that has been into me (maybe, read on to find out) for quite awhile but never really got the chance to talk to her and managed a close on her. However, she threw me a curve ball that caught me completely off guard at that moment. Here's how it went:

*Convo was on a high note and I decided to close it*

Me: I really enjoyed talking with you, we should hang out sometime together. It's a pity I still don't have your number after such a long time. What's your number?

HB7: (laughs) I don't give out my number that easily, I don't know what you'd do with it

Me: Well you won't find out if you don't (grin)

HB7: Why not you give me your number instead?

*this point I was like totally stumped but recovered quickly*

Me: Tell you what, let's exchange numbers instead.

HB7: Okay

So how would you guys handle it? Also, what would you say if the chick threw you a 'Let's exchange numbers' line instead? Wouldn't giving out your number show your submissiveness?

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, it's a little submissive. But I think it just really means the chick just still doesn't trust you / feel comfortable enough to give it to you. Or just plain isn't attracted enough.

If a chick is REALLY attracted and you have some semi-celebrity status you can just ask her what her name is and take her back. (Talking about playing at a show in a band)

But you got her #, give her a call in a day to see if she wants to hang out; or text if you rather. I reccommend the call though. You can hear her tone then and it's a lot easier to joke / flirt. But make sure it's only to set up your date with a side of flirting. And end the call when you sense it getting stale.

If she doesn't respond just chalk it up as a loss.(And don't keep blowing her up hoping that she'll return a call, becasue if she doesn't after the first time, she won't after the 3rd.)

ipeefreely

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, what I've found to work for me is just to give them my number.

So if I feel like things are going good, I'll usually just say something like "well I gotta run, gimme a call at xxx-xxxx and continue this next time"

It's a bit submissive but I personally like kicking the ball into their court and letting them decide. If they're really into me, they'll give me a call wanting to see me again and even if they're not.. well.. at least they'll have my number so they'll have someone to hit up when they finally decide they want to have some fun.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
giving a girl your phone number will not work most of the time. the correct response to that is "i only exchange numbers" however, it means you have not built up enough attraction, so even the exchange most times wont really get you anywhere. also when number closing always have a reason for asking, not just "lets hang out sometime". do you know how many times the girl has heard that one before? a lot! and you are just the next boring guy asking for her phone #. have something already going on, i like to use concerts for example, are you going? i know a guy who works security who can sneak us in. or if she's already going, even better, so we can find each other there. keep in mind you dont have to actually go to the concert, your just trying to get her number.

my favorite number close: type their name in your phone and just hand it to them on that screen. 9 times out of 10 they will just type in their number. just keep talking, you dont even actually ask for it, they jusy put it in. the one girl that asks what its for you just bust on her and say thats where your phone # goes you big dork. works everytime!

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I read that when you give out your number they only call 1% of the time. It's still ok to provide a business card but it's more of a security check reference than something they'll utilize.

gspshields2

Banned
Reaction score
Konada said:
So today I talked to a HB7 that has been into me (maybe, read on to find out) for quite awhile but never really got the chance to talk to her and managed a close on her. However, she threw me a curve ball that caught me completely off guard at that moment. Here's how it went:

*Convo was on a high note and I decided to close it*

Me: I really enjoyed talking with you, we should hang out sometime together. It's a pity I still don't have your number after such a long time. What's your number?

HB7: (laughs) I don't give out my number that easily, I don't know what you'd do with it

Me: Well you won't find out if you don't (grin)

HB7: Why not you give me your number instead?

*this point I was like totally stumped but recovered quickly*

Me: Tell you what, let's exchange numbers instead.

HB7: Okay

So how would you guys handle it? Also, what would you say if the chick threw you a 'Let's exchange numbers' line instead? Wouldn't giving out your number show your submissiveness?

lol your 18,

Ok kid, this is what it means,
it means she is not interested in you.

Its common sense, if she is interested,
she would have gave it to you without hesitation,
thats plain and simple, don't you think?

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this same situation happen to me with some random HB in a computer lab recently. She ended up telling me to give my number to her, so I opted for the exchange thing too, and she didn't buy into it. So no one got anyone's number. And I recommend you to not give your number if a girl doesn't comply with you and only wants your number.

gspshields2

Banned
Reaction score
"HB7: (laughs) I don't give out my number that easily, I don't know what you'd do with it"

what else would you do with it besides calling her?

stick it up ur ass?

another_nice_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
thevilittletroll said:
my favorite number close: type their name in your phone and just hand it to them on that screen. 9 times out of 10 they will just type in their number. just keep talking, you dont even actually ask for it, they jusy put it in. the one girl that asks what its for you just bust on her and say thats where your phone # goes you big dork. works everytime!
I´ve gotta use that!

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah 18 been here for 2 months, you still have much to learn young padawan, but this is the time in your life to learn and make mistakes like this.

You might luck out with this girl, but chances are shes not interested (judge a women by her actions, not her words). In this situation I would have accepted the loss and used it as an opportunity to practice ****y funny or mess with the girl

I once had a girl do this to me except instead she said we could be facebook friends. I agreed and was taking her name when I saw my friends leaving. I had only entered her first name into my phone when I turned it off and told her i'd get her last name some other time and walked away. The look on her face was priceless. I saw her later in the supermarket and actually didn't notice her until she tapped me on the back to say hi. Despite this she didn't know my name, but im like 95% sure she was lying since i've heard of girls doing this and im pretty certain she already knew my name when we first met (we were friends of friend).

The point is, girls are weird, have some witty comeback like "i don't give a girl my number until i've made out with her" or something like that and walk away. Guarantee she will remember you. And if not its still something fun to do for your own amusement

BlackMack177

Don Juan
Reaction score
ipeefreely said:
Honestly, what I've found to work for me is just to give them my number.

So if I feel like things are going good, I'll usually just say something like "well I gotta run, gimme a call at xxx-xxxx and continue this next time"

It's a bit submissive but I personally like kicking the ball into their court and letting them decide. If they're really into me, they'll give me a call wanting to see me again and even if they're not.. well.. at least they'll have my number so they'll have someone to hit up when they finally decide they want to have some fun.
^This

I usually just give out my number. Most girls will call you or text you if they really are into you. A text message is not that scary. most girls these days text like a bad habit and can atleast throw you a text if they're interested. Any girls who say they are too old fashioned for this aren't even worth your time

I don't see it as submissive. Just instruct her when to call you.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thevilittletroll said:
this number close works really well if you have anxiety or trouble with asking, or you dont want to make it look obvious while her friends are around. remember dont say anything, just hand her the phone, and keep talking about whatever you were talking about. its just common sense!

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. Give me your number instead generally means not interested.