Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl Flaked on me

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So guys this chick Id been gaming cancelled on me for our first date today. She sent me a txt basically saying she had to work and explained how bad she felt for cancelling. Seemed plausible enough. She apologised twice in the txt and suggested that we re-arrange (she didnt suggest an actual date or anything). Anyway I txt her back saying basically no problem and asking her when would she be free again.

Since then, nothing. No txt, call etc. This was 24 hours ago.

What should I do then DJ's, txt her again (bad move)?? Wait it out and see if she contacts me?? Or just forget about her?? Seems like Ive been blown off but not 100% sure as her txt seemed genuine enough.

Last edited:

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You already texted her, asking for a different date.

So, you wait.

If you keep texting her, she will never wonder if she f'd up. You'll prove she didn't.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You already texted back. You shouldn't of replied to the text anyway. You shouldn't of asked her when she was free. You should have came up with a different time when you would be free. But anyways thats too late.

You need to forget this broad. If she is interested in you she would text you/call you. Don't initiate contact with this broad. Delete her number to fight the urge.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait. If she is interested she will contact you. You should also have other options and other things going on in your life, so this one doesn't take up all of your thoughts. If she wants to play games its her loss.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have texted her something like:

I understand things come up, but in the future you should check your schedule to make sure you are free before committing to a specific day. My time is valuable. No hard feelings. Have fun at work!

Its a backhanded slap in a nice way, letting her know you don't tolerate that BS and then leaving it up to her. Why reward her bs with a chance to reschedule frim you?

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers for all the advice guys. Ive not txted her again and decided its best to just wait it out. I do have other options at the moment but this was is very hot so was high up the list.

Shes been posting on her fb about being bored in work etc so it does indeed seem her excuse for not meeting was legitimate. The weird thing was her txt wasnt the usual 'brush off' txt, its was quite flirty and seemed apologetic.

On the other hand she still hasnt txted me back.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand things come up, but in the future you should check your schedule to make sure you are free before committing to a specific day. My time is valuable. No hard feelings. Have fun at work!
And this is why you are a 100% certified Grade A key-board jockey. You don't just read an article and then memorize a couple lines, then give advice on here dude.

Its a backhanded slap in a nice way, letting her know you don't tolerate that BS and then leaving it up to her. Why reward her bs with a chance to reschedule frim you?
Do you realize how much of a douche he would sound like if he actually said that? What your failing to realize is a girl doesn't owe you shiat esp in the beginning. If this girl has low interest (highly likely), do you really think going on your little "my time is valuable" diatribe is going to change the way she feels about you? LOL

Get out in the field and get some experience because if this is really how you plan on handling situations like this you will not only fail, you will get laughed at in the process.

PIMP

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shes been posting on her fb about being bored in work etc so it does indeed seem her excuse for not meeting was legitimate.
She's so fk'n bored that she is posting on FB just how fk'n bored she is, yet not bored enough to apparently reply to your text.

Huh.

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnnyventana said:
She's so fk'n bored that she is posting on FB just how fk'n bored she is, yet not bored enough to apparently reply to your text.

Huh.
Yep indeed. Cant really understand where I went wrong tbh, maybe not chasing her enough? I was kind of cool about it all and didnt really initiate conversation by txt.

I called her to arrange the date last week, the last thing she said to me on the phone was 'I'll txt you tomorrow'. She didnt, so I didnt txt her. Next day I get the txt cancelling our date. A part of me thinks maybe I didnt chase her enough. I did show interest though.

TBH she was chasing me mostly.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she said to me on the phone was 'I'll txt you tomorrow'. She didnt, so I didnt txt her.
You did the right thing here.

And if you have been paying attention, you WANT them to chase you, not the other way around. You're not seeing that.

She's flakey, for sure. She flaked twice now. She doesn't do what she says she will do. That's bad character.

In the future you can not give them the option by saying you will contact her, but sill, a flake is a flake. You can only game so much.

Not chasing her now is your best overall move. You texted. She hasn't replied.

If the roles were reversed, why do you think you wouldn't have replied? Because you didn't care. Period.

The absolute best and only move is to wait. While your waiting though, go find someone else.

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnnyventana said:
You did the right thing here.

And if you have been paying attention, you WANT them to chase you, not the other way around. You're not seeing that.

She's flakey, for sure. She flaked twice now. She doesn't do what she says she will do. That's bad character.

In the future you can not give them the option by saying you will contact her, but sill, a flake is a flake. You can only game so much.

Not chasing her now is your best overall move. You texted. She hasn't replied.

If the roles were reversed, why do you think you wouldn't have replied? Because you didn't care. Period.

The absolute best and only move is to wait. While your waiting though, go find someone else.
Good advice. The only thing that has kept me still wondering about this one (and not just deleting number, forgetting about her) was that her 'cancellation txt' seemed much more positive than a txt that was basically showing shes not interested. It was a far cry from the usual 'thanks but no thanks' txts Ive had/given out myself.

I take your point about her not replying she obv doesnt care that much. TBH im not sure if shes testing me (hard to get) or not though or is just generally not interested.

I should point out it was her who set the ball rolling on this whole thing, she even suggested a date first and accused me (jokingly) of playing hard to get. She actually said this. Im starting to think that what may have made her rethink was the phone call. We spoke for 15 mins and I didnt really have my best game on (talked too much, waffled abit). Since the phonecall it seems her interest has dropped.

Im not really sure what I can learn from this experience.

Lord Sidious

Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice? Start seeing other chicks immediately. It seems you valorize that girl only because you have zero alternatives. When that happens, you´ll do what you did (whining because she didn´t answer your text...).

Act like a man! Be a man! Screw her! Get other girls!

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lord Sidious said:
My advice? Start seeing other chicks immediately. It seems you valorize that girl only because you have zero alternatives. When that happens, you´ll do what you did (whining because she didn´t answer your text...).

Act like a man! Be a man! Screw her! Get other girls!
This is good advice and something I generally do. I do have other options at the moment, however this one was top of the list as shes by far the hottest.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
bunjy said:
Good advice. The only thing that has kept me still wondering about this one (and not just deleting number, forgetting about her) was that her 'cancellation txt' seemed much more positive than a txt that was basically showing shes not interested. It was a far cry from the usual 'thanks but no thanks' txts Ive had/given out myself.

She was trying to soften the blow because she felt guilty. It wasn't a genuine flirty, positive text.

I take your point about her not replying she obv doesnt care that much. TBH im not sure if shes testing me (hard to get) or not though or is just generally not interested.

I don't believe in "hard to get." There is interested and not interested.

I should point out it was her who set the ball rolling on this whole thing, she even suggested a date first and accused me (jokingly) of playing hard to get. She actually said this. Im starting to think that what may have made her rethink was the phone call. We spoke for 15 mins and I didnt really have my best game on (talked too much, waffled abit). Since the phonecall it seems her interest has dropped.

Actually, it IS possible for a chick to cancel a date that was HER idea. I've had that happen. Women are creatures of the moment. One minute they are hot for you, and the next she might not be.

Im not really sure what I can learn from this experience.
Not much except that women can and do flake. It just goes with the territory.

But don't take it personally bro. She was interested enough to set up a date with you. Some other chick will be interested enough to actually GO on the date with you.

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Not much except that women can and do flake. It just goes with the territory.

But don't take it personally bro. She was interested enough to set up a date with you. Some other chick will be interested enough to actually GO on the date with you.
Yeah I guess you could be right about her 'softening the blow'. Would make sense as to why she hasnt txted back since. On the other hand in this txt she called me a flirty name she has given me, put two kisses, apologised twice and mentioned rearranging. If she was trying to blow me off gently, she went about it in far too much a nice way.

You could be right though, it woudl explain why she hasnt txted me back now.

TBH I was even considering that maybe she didnt recieve my response txt (has happened a few times recently with other people) because her 'blow off' txt didnt seem like it was a blow off txt. I doubt she didnt receive it though.

Anyway she hasnt txt me still now, its nearly 48 hours. So what you reckon DJ's is this one a write off?

bunjy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Cheers mate, thats good positive feedback.

Usually when things screw up (e.g. I get blown off or whatever) I can pinpoint where I go wrong and learn from it and add it to my game. The reason Im caught up abit on this one though is because I cant figure out where I went wrong at all.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As mentioned, 10 times, wait, do nothing. Go mack other chicks.

If this one is interested, you'll hear from her. If not, you can't make her interested by chasing. That is a life truth.