Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gifts You Give To A Woman Or Women You're Dating

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're dating a woman or women, how often do you buy them gifts, and how much do you spend per gift? Also, do you have any gift ideas?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Birthday, Christmas, anniversary.

Formerly Valentine's day but my ex killed that holiday for me. TL;DR went above and beyond for the first time in my life and she was mad because I did it the weekend before rather than on the actual day (I had work and she lives an hour away).

Outside of that, don't give unless you're also receiving otherwise the relationship becomes one-sided and it's like you're "buying her affection".

As far as gift ideas, put a little thought into it. That ex, I bought her probably the best birthday gift she had ever gotten, and it was just a foundation makeup brush. The reason WHY it was the best gift is because I noticed she lost something the cared about (had a really good brush that some kids she was babysitting stole, hid, and could never find), did my own research (went online, asked female friends who do makeup/salon stuff), and bought a high-quality brush that she didn't expect at all since we had only been seeing each other for about 2 months at that point.

She loved it. Refused to even use it for several months because she wanted to maintain it in perfect condition. This was more than 2 years ago, and we've been broken up, still see each other once in a while for casual encounters. She still has it in its own case away from everything else.

EDIT: ONLY if you're dating...we're not out here buying sh** for plates we aren't official with.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're dating a woman or women, how often do you buy them gifts, and how much do you spend per gift? Also, do you have any gift ideas?
I only do Christmas($500), Valentines Day($100), and their birthday($150). I don't do random gifts. My time and sex should be plenty. Gift Giving is not one of my love languages.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
If I choose to give gifts they’re small tokens. It’s more important that they show thoughtfulness on your part than if they’re expensive.

If you’re out and you happen to see something small that you know she’d like just grab it, put it in the closet. If you notice she needs a good paring knife, if she likes a certain kind of scrunchies, it can vary greatly. If you know she likes great croissants and you’re at a good bakery. If you spatter small, thoughtful gifts that show her you were thinking of her she’ll consider you generous and it lowers the bar considerably.

I don’t buy expensive presents by any means. If you lead with your wealth as opposed to your cawk, she’ll expect leboutians or LV bags, if that’s your thing go for it.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just-because inexpensive but symbolic gifts go a long way if you time them correctly.
Read something ages ago, that its apparently 'better' on this front, to buy numerous, but somewhat frequent smaller gifts, rather than a couple of larger gifts in same year, that amount to same thing.

Kind of like watering the garden. Do it frequently, more often, rather than super soak it once a summer.

This may have been some beta/'be vulnerable' resource, so who knows.

I sometimes just buy leboutins (funny enough, as previous poster mentioned), but that ime, doesn't guarentee sh1t.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to give flowers or gifts on Valentine's Day, but I decided it was a waste, and now I give a card and take my lady out to dinner.
So birthday and Christmas, but if I find something I think is perfect for her, I will get her something even if it's no special occasion. That's not very often though, and only for a LTR probably.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Davidson,
The greatest gift you can give any Woman is your presence.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only do Christmas($500), Valentines Day($100), and their birthday($150). I don't do random gifts. My time and sex should be plenty. Gift Giving is not one of my love languages.
One of my exes told me that her "love language" was receiving gifts. That kind of bothered me and made me reluctant to get her gifts. No one likes to feel like they are buying their significant other's affection.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta remember to do this in a sustainable, logical and meaningful way tailored to the tastes of the individual, the sentiment; that is the main part of the gift.

Just because we want to invoke emotions with our gift does not mean OUR emotions should be in that gift, if that is the case it's probably gonna end up being a bad gift.

The thing is boundaries with gifting need to be maintained without having her feel like your being stingy, it's not easy if she has this expectation of you rooted in resentment over what shes been missing out on or hasn't had because that's just a bottomless pit of effort