Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting started

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm just about to get started on working out. I have a membership to the local gym and I'm trying to decide where to begin.

I'm about 5'8", and I weigh somewhere between 135-140 lbs. This is heavy for me, as I'm a textbook skinny guy who, at the same height, once weighed 125lbs. At that weight, however, I had a six pack. Now it seems that I have gut and my pecs are dangerously close to becoming man boobies. Even so, I'm still a skinny guy.

Should I start right away bulking up, or should I drop some of this extra body fat first?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's make a new law. Anyone under 180 lbs who considers 'cutting' should be castrated.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, more constructively.. if you're only 10lbs off having a six pack then you don't have to lose this. Get a nice structured workout at the gym and in a coupla months I bet you'll've got your sixpack back more or less - the bodyfat being burnt solely through the body's new exertions.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Let's make a new law. Anyone under 180 lbs who considers 'cutting' should be castrated.
LMAO, damn straight bro.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
So at 150 pounds I should still bulk despite being at 25% BF?

I'm only 5'6", BTW.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 150lbs and 25% bodyfat you've got better things to worry about than whether to bulk or cut, my friend.

LordBrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
bulk first... when you have more muscles... the fat will be easier to take off.

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the case of a skinny guy at 25% bodyfat, wouldn't the body be predisposed to storing fat over building muscle? What sort of diet would a person in that situation go on?