Gen Z being termed "Generation Sicknote" by fed up employers having to take calls from "Mommy" as to why adults in their 20s can't make it into work

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Well, in my experience living in a nice part of town, having educated and thoughtful parents and some money (it’s makes the other things possible) normally makes for decent adults.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, in my experience living in a nice part of town, having educated and thoughtful parents and some money (it’s makes the other things possible) normally makes for decent adults.
What @BackInTheGame78 said. Wealthy families do plenty to screw up their children. Often that arises when new money parents do not want their children to struggle like they did. Thats bad. Adversity is a great teacher. I told my kids this:

Look. I worked my ass off to accumulate what I have. I worked my ass off to provide for you a solid foundation. Its your job to get results in the world & I'll help where I can, but I'm not obligated. I love you & I'll advise you, but you gotta make your own way.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I believe that when there is affluence and education and intelligence, which often causes said affluence the outcomes for children are better. Are there messed up rich kids? Sure. Are there messed up poor kids? Sure.

A strong family units is very important for a child’s upbringing.

Not sure where the wires got crossed.

The data bears it out.

What @BackInTheGame78 said. Wealthy families do plenty to screw up their children. Often that arises when new money parents do not want their children to struggle like they did. Thats bad. Adversity is a great teacher. I told my kids this:

Look. I worked my ass off to accumulate what I have. I worked my ass off to provide for you a solid foundation. Its your job to get results in the world & I'll help where I can, but I'm not obligated. I love you & I'll advise you, but you gotta make your own way.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having your Mommy call into work to explain why a 28 year old can't make it in to work because they are too "stressed out" from a recent breakup or other myriad of nonsensical reasons
I agree with your post, but I will say that I've known a lot of guys who would lose their girlfriend (or wife) and their job in the same week, and maybe even a place to live. Same reason, I suppose, one thing causes stresses that mess up another. Or, as some people say, when it rains it pours.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that when there is affluence and education and intelligence, which often causes said affluence the outcomes for children are better. Are there messed up rich kids? Sure. Are there messed up poor kids? Sure.

A strong family units is very important for a child’s upbringing.

Not sure where the wires got crossed.

The data bears it out.
I'm not debating that. However my kids also did not have a nuclear family unit (well kind of because my ex husband and I continued to operate as a cohesive unit post divorce, which is unusual in and of itself)....

I grew up in a wealthy area, which was fortunate. But I saw lots of kids from very wealthy families go very sideways too, people I knew personally. I also have managed a number of Gen Z people who did not come up with the advantages I had and my children had, who were not from affluent backgrounds, quite the opposite, but who were ambitious and who wanted to do better for themselves.

Much depends on the individual.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an employee vanish for two weeks because his dog died. Now I get that's traumatic but forget the job, we were afraid he was dead since he just wandered off to wherever for a while to recuperate without telling anyone. And I'd be lying if I said many others aren't similarly mentally weak (not to mention weird) these days.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're 30 and under and have

-Your own Place
-A car that is 10 years old or less
-A job with low debt (better yet no debt at all)

You should be doing fairly well in the dating game
I had all those 3, and it was quite lean times for me in the mid-90s. :mad: :mad: :mad:
That was due to your height. Height wasn't as fiercely judged in the mid-1990s as compared to 2010-present but your height in the mid-1990s would have been a drawback. My height today is considered meh in this market but in the mid-1990s, it would have been less harshly judged.

The value of a good, corporate job in the mating market has been diminishing for decades. It probably hasn't been relevant since I finished college 19 years ago.

Having your own place is always good.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

I'm surprised they haven't updated it for GenZ as the eldest are 26 now...

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score
As much as i feel people act way to young for their age these days this sounds like propaganda.