Free keylogger?

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know a good free keylogger? I want to install it this weekend before my girl comes over. She uses my computer to go to all of her sites and I want to make sure she isn't up to anything funny.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I know, most keyloggers that you can download generate Anti-Virus alerts, because they're well known.

You should probably write your own, or just don't spy on your girlfriend's passwords... oh man :rolleyes:

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Huffman said:
As far as I know, most keyloggers that you can download generate Anti-Virus alerts, because they're well known.

You should probably write your own, or just don't spy on your girlfriend's passwords... oh man :rolleyes:

Why not? I actually trust her, but then I read that thread in the mature man section about the wife cheating and it got me thinking. What if she is shady and fooling me? Just gotta be sure.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you also read the thread about a man going to jail for looking at his wife's e-mail.

In any case c-net has a large list of free ones.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster just use your imagination and say that the use for the keylogger is making sure nobody is going to make some jokes and change your data because you're having a big party at your home.
Most of the dumbasses like the one named from arcbound are caught cause they make stupid mistakes while planning/executing something.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Strelok said:
Bluntmaster just use your imagination and say that the use for the keylogger is making sure nobody is going to make some jokes and change your data because you're having a big party at your home.
Most of the dumbasses like the one named from arcbound are caught cause they make stupid mistakes while planning/executing something.

Why do I have to do that? She will never know a keylogger is on there. In fact I don't even have a virus scanner on my comp because I am careful about what I install. I will just use it and then remove it.

I am planning to search the web for a safe free one and install it before she comes over this weekend.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
Why do I have to do that? She will never know a keylogger is on there. In fact I don't even have a virus scanner on my comp because I am careful about what I install. I will just use it and then remove it.

I am planning to search the web for a safe free one and install it before she comes over this weekend.
So u're asking in a public board for a keylogger while publicly saying that you don't have any antivirus running on your pc and you dare to say u're careful... :confused:
I really wish to know someone that is not.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Strelok said:
So u're asking in a public board for a keylogger while publicly saying that you don't have any antivirus running on your pc and you dare to say u're careful... :confused:
I really wish to know someone that is not.

Yes I'm asking on a public board. Who the hell cares? Name one thing that could possibly happen to me for posting this on a public board.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
I hope you also read the thread about a man going to jail for looking at his wife's e-mail.

In any case c-net has a large list of free ones.

Thanks I downloaded it. It's not legal to do this? It's my computer I own the information on it. I don't even want to hack her accounts. Won't it save all the messages she sends?

Just want to see if she sends anything shady.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure about law in America, but where I come from it should be illegal to record messages (which would be treated like phonecalls, or real-world mail) for reasons other than diagnostics (if you're the ISP) or national security (if you're the police), haha ;)

Nothing's gonna happen to you, because lack of evidence etc. but still.

And yeah, no Antivirus is a ticking timebomb. Even if you're careful.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Huffman said:
Not sure about law in America, but where I come from it should be illegal to record messages (which would be treated like phonecalls, or real-world mail) for reasons other than diagnostics (if you're the ISP) or national security (if you're the police), haha ;)

Nothing's gonna happen to you, because lack of evidence etc. but still.

And yeah, no Antivirus is a ticking timebomb. Even if you're careful.

I've been doing the no virus scanner for years and nothing ever happened. Maybe one time I got a virus, and I just reformatted the machine. I had everything backed up. But I haven't had that happen again in years.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
As for the logging, I am sure I won't find anything but I won't put anything past women so I am going to trust and verify. She doesn't even know what a logger is. I could leave it unhidden in the task tray and she wouldn't have a clue. She will never know.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
Anyone know a good free keylogger? I want to install it this weekend before my girl comes over. She uses my computer to go to all of her sites and I want to make sure she isn't up to anything funny.
Should be plenty of free ones around.

Don't listen to all the BS here about it being wrong - it's your computer, but just don't get caught doing it.

Shouldn't be too hard to keep it secret, if she's not that technologically minded...

Personally, isn't that why every chick has an i-phone so they can check that sort of stuff on it? No way would I let a girl onto my computer.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
Yes I'm asking on a public board. Who the hell cares? Name one thing that could possibly happen to me for posting this on a public board.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18554_5-wacky-internet-pranks-that-can-get-you-jail-time.html

People have been arrested for posting illegal content on Facebook, Myspace and Youtube.

In addition on the public board 4chan anonymous users hidden by proxies that posted/did illegal things were tracked down and arrested.

BTW I just looked it up: its in a grey area of law, not quite illegal or legal considering people who don't know the keylogger is on are going to use the computer.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
runner83 said:
Should be plenty of free ones around.

Don't listen to all the BS here about it being wrong - it's your computer, but just don't get caught doing it.

Shouldn't be too hard to keep it secret, if she's not that technologically minded...

Personally, isn't that why every chick has an i-phone so they can check that sort of stuff on it? No way would I let a girl onto my computer.

It's fine for her to use my computer. I have a separate guest account that I load up before she comes over. Everything on my comp is hidden and password protected so she will never get to the stuff on my hard drive.

The keylogger works in guest mode I just tried it.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure about law in America, but where I come from it should be illegal to record messages (which would be treated like phonecalls, or real-world mail) for reasons other than diagnostics (if you're the ISP) or national security (if you're the police), haha
Why should this be illegal? Its his computer and he can install/run whatever he wants.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
Why not? I actually trust her, but then I read that thread in the mature man section about the wife cheating and it got me thinking. What if she is shady and fooling me? Just gotta be sure.
Blunt....I suspect you might have read my thread from yesterday. My coworker had no idea that all of that stuff was going on. Never know.

A few years ago, same thing happened to another guy at work. His wife left her mail open and he found grahic emails and pics. She worked for an airline and was shacking up with some chump in San Francisco who worked for the same airline. I'm not saying right or wrong here, only that there seems to be more of this going on than we think. The guy above also had a severely disabled little girl when they divorced. He was just devastated when he found out.

This stuff makes me want to take a Xanax when I think about it.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
You clearly don't trust her if you're spying on her.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
Why should this be illegal? Its his computer and he can install/run whatever he wants.
Yes he can but he has to tell anyone using it there is a keylogger that can trace their passwords and stuff.

If I put a bomb in my computer and then let my friend Jim use it without telling him there is a bomb that will go off then I will go to jail for murder. :rolleyes: If I want I can blow up my own computer as long as it doesn't set fire or cause any other problems like harming anyone but if I let others use it without knowing then it presents a danger to them.

Just like putting a keylogger represents a danger to the accounts of whoever signs on that computer. If you want to run the keylogger but you have to tell them beforehand so that they will know not to sign into anything sensitive like bank accounts.