Focus on nutrition can extend life expectancy by a decade(STUDY)

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Not sure any of this would be surprising to people but it also breaks down what to focus on to do so...

Which unsurprisingly is mainly high in fruits/vegetables and contains lean proteins, whole grains, healthy fats and is diverse. Also is low in refined sugars and processed foods.

But the bigger picture that it doesn't necessarily talk about is that QUALITY OF LIFE will be far better for far longer as well as life expectancy.

People who have bad diets may live to be 80 but usually the last 30-40 years are basically one health related issue after another and the quality of their life rapidly declines. Simply being alive shouldn't be the measure people look at, it should be what their life actually consists of and what they are capable of doing regularly.

If you are 70 and one person is sitting down all day because they can barely move or has to use a cane/walker/wheelchair to get around and the other is out kayaking and walking and taking trips, etc there is a huge difference.

ElleSmith

Banned
Reaction score
Recent studies suggest that focusing on nutrition can add a decade to life expectancy. It's crucial to make wholesome food choices, emphasizing fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. For the elderly, we must be considering the best nutrition shakes tailored to their needs can be convenient and beneficial for overall health. Also motivate them to regularly practice meditation and exercises.

Last edited by a moderator:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Recent studies suggest that focusing on nutrition can add a decade to life expectancy. It's crucial to make wholesome food choices, emphasizing fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. For the elderly, we must be considering the best nutrition shakes tailored to their needs can be convenient and beneficial for overall health. Also motivate them to regularly practice meditation and exercises.
Sounds like a bot post to me

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only 7-10% of dietary caloric intake needs to be essential fatty acids.
hmm, I've seen NASM guidelines recommend 0.23g/lb and more conventional guidelines recommend 0.3g/lb - both saying that anything less can impair hormone production. Mind you, IDK if they specifically recommended EFAs for this intake or not.

Where are you getting this from? I'd like to read.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm, I've seen NASM guidelines recommend 0.23g/lb and more conventional guidelines recommend 0.3g/lb - both saying that anything less can impair hormone production. Mind you, IDK if they specifically recommended EFAs for this intake or not.

Where are you getting this from? I'd like to read.
Misspoke I actually completely screwed up the concepts there. I do not mean EFAs. One of the strength nutritionists I follow said in the context of losing weight you pull calories from fat first and can go as low as 10% then pull the remaining calories from carbs. I’ve never tried it and it’s probably extremely difficult to get that low, but I’m trusting his background in dietetics.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in the context of losing weight you pull calories from fat first
Even more intriguing.

My understanding was:
The body doesn't burn 'calories' per say, it burns glycogen as fuel.
Neither Dietary Fat nor Body Fat are pulled to replenish glycogen stores unless you are in Ketosis, which happens after your body has run out of carbs to turn into glycogen. Meaning that you only burn fat as fuel once your body has exhausted it's glycogen stores, and no longer has available carbohydrates for easy transition into glycogen.

I'm curious how it could be another way as I've never heard anything that really argues with what I wrote above.
Not saying you're wrong, just discussing.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm curious how it could be another way as I've never heard anything that really argues with what I wrote above.
It is not another way, you have it correct. It’s just weight gain in the west is not coming from eating carbohydrates, it comes from eating foods that are rich in both fat and carbohydrates. It’s more difficult to overeat calories on a low fat diet, especially if the carb quality is high (I.e. fiber & nutrient rich).