Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fine Dining For A Dime: The Ultimate Dinner Date Hack

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me where? I'm in the midwest
Won't be impressed and Olive Garden isn't cheap anymore either.
In Dallas, taking an unmarried, childless woman to a national/international chain restaurant will not impress a woman and will not result in a second date. Women in Dallas have far too much abundance to tolerate that. There's also a culture of pretentiousness around Dallas.

Most of the chain restaurants in Dallas are either in Dallas suburbs or Far North Dallas in Dallas city limits.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dallas, taking an unmarried, childless woman to a national/international chain restaurant will not impress a woman and will not result in a second date. Women in Dallas have far too much abundance to tolerate that. There's also a culture of pretentiousness around Dallas.

Most of the chain restaurants in Dallas are either in Dallas suburbs or Far North Dallas in Dallas city limits.
How is an authentic pizza joint?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is an authentic pizza joint?
That would probably be considered ok to a good portion of Dallas women. There will be some that wouldn't eat pizza because of carbohydrates and wanting to maintain their weight. I wouldn't recommend going to an authentic pizza joint with a woman until after the first instance of sex. No meal dates in restaurants until after the first instance of sex.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That would probably be considered ok to a good portion of Dallas women. There will be some that wouldn't eat pizza because of carbohydrates and wanting to maintain their weight. I wouldn't recommend going to an authentic pizza joint with a woman until after the first instance of sex. No meal dates in restaurants until after the first instance of sex.
thanks for the advice. The Great Dane brewery sounds like a perfect fit then

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

Take your potential mates along for a visit to South Boulevard-Park Row, to see how quickly and often she can successfully dodge gunfire. Such dates don't require a fella to shell out so much as a penny, while also providing him with vital intell on the chick he's contemplating bringing into his life:

Any modern woman who's unable to provide her offspring with the skills needed for surviving the inevitable school
shooting is unfit for motherhood

Last edited:

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of different things. I am a good cook, I have been cooking for myself for a while and like finding new recipes to experiment with.

Chicken Souvlaki with homemade naan bread is a pretty easy one to make that's really good.

Lasagna is another one that is pretty easy and hard to screw up.

Most of my dinners now are lower key stuff that's relatively easy to make that looks like it will taste good.

Sometimes I will find recipes to make and we try them together.
Sounds great! I'll look up recipes for Chicken Souvlaki, Naan bread, and lasagna.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and if she is semi regular at this place, and knows anything about wine, then what?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take your potential mates along for a visit to South Boulevard-Park Row, to see how quickly and often she can successfully dodge gunfire. Such dates don't require a fella to shell out so much as a penny, while also providing him with vital intell on the chick he's contemplating bringing into his life:

Any modern woman who's unable to provide her offspring with the skills needed for surviving the inevitable school
shooting is unfit for motherhood
College educated, White women who live in the singles dense Central Dallas neighborhoods near Downtown are not going to agree to a visit to South Boulevard-Park Row, Pleasant Grove, or mostly anywhere in South Dallas.

The women who live in those areas tend to be Hispanic and Black. Many are on welfare and single moms.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
College educated, White women who live in the singles dense Central Dallas neighborhoods near Downtown are not going to agree to a visit to South Boulevard-Park Row, Pleasant Grove, or mostly anywhere in South Dallas
That(White women who've majored in the humanities)'s the demographic who are the most likely to unquestioningly embrace Wokeness, can easily be persuaded that a trip to the ghetto will enhance their solidarity with "Marginalized Groups". Just make sure you yourself thrown on a Kevlar vest ;)

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know where you copy-pasted this brilliant advice from but I can guarantee that whoever came up with it is still a virgin.

M

member162951

Take her to a cool low key casual pub with good music, good eats and great vibe, sit at a table or the bar if you prefer, order drinks and share some nachos (my personal fave)... or any type of finger food.

I agree no high end restaurants or flowers or any other type of romantic gesture; it comes off as contrived and trying too hard to impress.

Your presence alone should impress her... if not, it's a next.

I'm female btw. ;)
Have fun....

Last edited by a moderator:

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This cannot be in California dollars. Drinks are $15-20 per. Wine is $10 per glass minimum. Apps are 15$ starting, entrees even at Applebee's are starting at $20...

M

member162951

This cannot be in California dollars. Drinks are $15-20 per. Wine is $10 per glass minimum. Apps are 15$ starting, entrees even at Applebee's are starting at $20...
I'm in SoCal; it depends on where you go. I was at a cool pub last night, we listened to live jazz, ordered two margaritas @ $10.95 each and a plate of pita chips with Mexican salsa for $7.95.

I would NOT suggest any man take a woman to Applebee's or any chain restaurant. Especially on a first date, or ever unless it's with their kids.

I'm talking "cool" here with good music and a relaxed casual vibe.

Be creative!

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in SoCal; it depends on where you go. I was at a cool pub last night, we listened to live jazz, ordered two margaritas @ $10.95 each and a plate of pita chips with Mexican salsa for $7.95.

I would NOT suggest any man take a woman to Applebee's or any chain restaurant. Especially on a first date, or ever unless it's with their kids.

Be creative!
I can’t believe he didn’t buy the guac. Next!

Rainrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
No way I am putting so much effort to “look” the part. If you cannot afford it you are not being honest to yourself or her.

I’d take her to Burger King if that’s all I could afford. If she wants to bounce that’s her issue.

Thankfully, my budget is higher than that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with getting a 2nd date if your first date is at Olive Garden. Women in bigger cities will not be impressed by an Olive Garden first date.

Casual dining chains like Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, etc. are good for families with children, friend groups, and established couples (sometimes Empty Nesters). These are not places for early stage daters.
@JoyDivision1990 has a similar viewpoint to my viewpoint on national chain restaurants as early stage dates.

There's no way in a bigger city that a woman will find that date acceptable. In a smaller area (200,000 or below in population), a national chain restaurant might be passable due to a lack of choice. Even in those areas, there are better date options.

Be creative!
'Be creative' is the most important phrase here. Chain restaurant meal dates are not creative. I think that all meal dates of all kinds lack creativity. Dinner dates are a boring choice. Drinks dates at first are better even if they aren't the most creative.

The date you describe above is a superior date to the fine dining date in the first post.

I am amazed that this is a topic of conversation in 2024. I thought men knew by now to avoid meal dates in restaurants prior to sex. I learned that well over 10 years ago and I wasn't ahead of the curve on that knowledge.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sounds great! I'll look up recipes for Chicken Souvlaki, Naan bread, and lasagna.
The easiest lasagna is No Boil lasagna...you don't need even need to look up the recipe, it's on the carton of lasagna you buy...look for Barilla.

For the naan bread make sure the recipe contains Greek yogurt. It makes it nice and fluffy.

M

member162951

I can’t believe he didn’t buy the guac. Next!
Haha, well he's hot so I forgave him.... :p

But seriously the salsa is great there, a mix of Mexican and Greek. And the music is chill and it's on the beach... not that many know about it which are the best places imo!

Last edited by a moderator: