Females, what is going through your mind when this happens?

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ I used to think and still operate that way *most* of the time. However, I've also done the 'enjoyed our conversation, let's grab a drink next time...here's my ph#' through the dating app where the time limit is about to expire. More often than not they've always texted back saying 'hey, it's [name]. It's been a hectic few days, how's your day going?' or some such. So multiple ways to skin the cat...being flexible and using different approaches in different situations is not a bad thing.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. Why would a woman feel unsafe about giving out a number (in which she can easily block you), yet be perfectly OK with meeting a stranger she has never even spoken to?

Maybe that's your first hint right there: Dating women who rationalize in these ways....
Well I guess it's because you can easily do a reverse ph lookup and get her address, among other things. However, many women these days will now give out their Google voice type numbers specifically for that reason.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. Why would a woman feel unsafe about giving out a number (in which she can easily block you), yet be perfectly OK with meeting a stranger she has never even spoken to?

Maybe that's your first hint right there: Dating women who rationalize in these ways....
It didn't hapen often, but it did happen. Doesn't always mean low interest but sometimes it can. The part that made no sense to me was that even these uninterested women would STILL give me their number after we met...what is the point if they are worried about dudes blowing up their phone??

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can understand a woman not giving her number for that reason.

I can also understand a woman giving her number to avoid conflict at the moment so she can reject from a safe place.

What doesn't make sense is a woman who would do both.

If you don't want to give out your number because you don't want them to find out where you live, why would you then do exactly that with someone you believe might not handle rejection well that you know you are going to reject?

And if you communicate via text, calls, etc. just fine through a Google app or whatever, what's the purpose of pushing for an alternate number?

IMO, it just seems like one, big, unnecessary game.
Lol u guys mind fvck yourselves by contemplating this from a rational standpoint.

Women are EMOTIONAL creatures, you guys day it yourselves. We don't like to hurt peoples feelings.

I recall bigneil got all bent at me when, in private, I told him his girlfriend madison was pretty, but eventually came clean on the boards and told him I lied in private to him.

He made a fvcking parade about calling me out as a list. The truth was, I didn't want to anger him, or hurt him, by telling him I didn't think she was pretty. When I saw other dudes saying it, I felt safer and more comfortable, telling him the truth.

Same thing with rejection. We want to feel safe when we do it, and (in the context of this thread) we don't want to feel like we've hurt someone. This is emotionally driven behavior, plain and simple. It's not complicated to figure out

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol u guys mind fvck yourselves by contemplating this from a rational standpoint.

Women are EMOTIONAL creatures, you guys day it yourselves. We don't like to hurt peoples feelings.

I recall bigneil got all bent at me when, in private, I told him his girlfriend madison was pretty, but eventually came clean on the boards and told him I lied in private to him.

He made a fvcking parade about calling me out as a list. The truth was, I didn't want to anger him, or hurt him, by telling him I didn't think she was pretty. When I saw other dudes saying it, I felt safer and more comfortable, telling him the truth.

Same thing with rejection. We want to feel safe when we do it, and (in the context of this thread) we don't want to feel like we've hurt someone. This is emotionally driven behavior, plain and simple. It's not complicated to figure out
After a first date its a little ridiculous to be hurt by someone saying they aren't interested. I just would prefer the truth and to keep it moving if that's what's going to happen. As dumb as it sounds I would rather not waste time entering her number as a contact only to delete it a few days later. No need for the BS. Just keep it real.