feel drowsy at work ?

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you guys feel drowsy during the afternoon at work?
How do you cope with it besides taking coffee?
Do you take power naps ?

I feel drowsy at certain time of the day regardless whether I take coffee. I have to sneak off to a seclude place or food court to take my nap for 15min. It really energize my body for the rest of the day. My internal batteries are recharged.

Reaction score
I know what you are feeling. Its called boredom + crappy food.

Clean up your diet a bit. Get more veggies and fruits. And doing something mentally stimulating helps too... diet is more important though.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Power naps aren't needed if you get like 8-10 hours of sleep.

Sleep is equal to diet in my opinion. Without proper rest, your body begins to break down, it doesn't have enough time to "repair" itself

jordan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try taking B12 vitamin and some Green tea. Also workout and and eat right

hot stuff

Banned
Reaction score
yip! me too! i am always feeling tired and take naps!

i work out and take protein but always feel tired afterwards!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's tough for me to get 10 hours of sleep when I work til 1130, and get up at 6:30. I often times can't get to sleep for another hour or two after I get off work.

picard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sleep early and eat plenty of vegetables. I still feel drowsy during mid afternoon regardless of my well I felt earlier in the morning. I have to take power nap or else I have to take caffeine pill.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to feel the same. What I have done recently is:

1) Cut out the caffeine - I no longer drink diet soda's (never drank coffee) - it was hard at first - but then I had some minor surgery where I couldn't drink soda's for a few days - after that I just continued avoiding soda. I got some raging head aches at first - but they stopped after about 1.5 weeks.

2) Have water available all the time. I purchased water holder for my home. It holds hot and cold 5 gallon containers of water - and I have 5 of them. I always have fresh, cold, clean water available. I fill up a bottle every time I pass. I have a bottle sitting in my car ready for me for the morning commute - and I fill it up again before I leave for the drive home. I water at my desk all day. (I purchased some crystal light packets as well - to add some flavor to the water a few times per day)

3) I'm got getting any more sleep - but I don't find I need it. I'm actually getting up an hour earlier int he morning and going to bed about an hour earlier.

4) eatting more whole oats and fiber.

5) eating more and more variety fruits and vegatables. Always have fruit cut up in the fridge in handy plastic containers (I buy deli meat that comes in plastic containers and re-use the containers to store food). It's then easy to grab a container when I head out the door - or as a healthy snack when watch a movie.

These changes have made a big difference I believe.