Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Facebook Relationship Status

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you got trust issues

its always the girlfriend that got the whole "in a relationship" thing on their profile and usually the boyfriend status is single and the girls bugs the hell out of him to change it..i never seen it the other way around

and honestly who cares about the relationship thing on facebook..

i had a facebook for 4 years and had a couple of GF's since then and to this day I still never changed my status from single from the time I made it

EDIT: Just read the 2nd half of your post...amazing sex? cuddling? sleeping together?

LOL its usually the chicks who get attached after all these things happen and try to hold on to the guy once again not the other way around...
do you even got balls?

honestly it sounds to me like she is just a friend with benefits

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even have a relationship status listed. None of your damn business, i say.

Pardner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I hide my relp status from everyone.
thats because you probably don't have one LOL. yeah totally, a girl would have in a relationship if she was totally with the relationship. the guy has single usually. i think she doesn't want other guys to know she is taken. my friends do that when they dont want other chicks to know they are with a girl. their girfriends get mad about that bugging them to change. dont force her to or she wont but I can tell you that something is up with her not doing it.

DCC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not related to this post directly, but a good female friend of the family changed her status to 'Single' yesterday and three guys, who I would now call 'creepers' who've thought she was hot for a while 'Liked' her status. To me, that comes off as a bit creepy.

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
**** Facebook

That **** is for keeping in touch with high school friends, nothing more.

Why should you give a **** what's on that stupid ****.
I myself do not even have a facebook and I agree with your quote.

However, I believe when a girl does not list her status with you as in a relationship then there's an underlying issue.

Yea, who cares what's on a stupid social networking site, right?

It reflects on how she is feeling in real life. Maybe she didn't change her status back because she doesn't view this as a real relationship anymore. She doesn't care enough to want to display that information.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
really who cares.....she doesnt want to change it....why fight about it

a facebook status means nothing.....just bang her while you can.....thats what you should be doing instead of arguing with her.

start meeting other girls so when your relationship goes south you have a replacement...looks like thats how its starting to head now

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joverby said:
Do you guys put too much stress on Facebook relationship status? Lets say you send the "request" to your "girlfriend" and she doesn't accept it. Would you even say anything? I have had a lot of other issues and I think this would just be a reflection of that, I won't go into details.

Broke up, got back w/ her the same day(like 4-5 hours later). Ended up banging her the other night(a day after our break up?) Same day we broke up she changed it to single. Then I think just made it hidden later that day when we got back together but didn't change it back.

Leaving the morning before leaving I asked her (calmly and indifferently, tried my best poker face at least) if she was going to change her status back. She just gave me a "Baby...." in a sincere / you shouldn't be worried about that tone. Said she changed it the day before already(I think this was her way of not technically lying in her mind becasue she did change it, just to single) and asked if I wanted to check. I declined.

Went home and checked it later, saw she deleted the post from her wall saying from in a relationship to single. Didn't see one going from single to in a relationship. But saw at the top of her page it was displayed she was in a relationship then. So I can assume she just changed it when I left.

Sent her the request yesterday to say we are in a relationship. Don't think she got on at all later yesterday to update it. But she did give me a call after she was done w/ work and we had a really good convo(could tell IL was sky high, at least for now, pretty sure she's BPD but that's another story)

Haven't had a chance yet to see if she accepted it today since I'm at work. But I'm about to when I get home. If she has been on(which she normally does daily, updates etc.) and hasn't accepted it think I'm just going to end it. This isn't the only reason so don't think so, it just seems to be really the icing on the cake for me.

But that's kind of why I'm posting this, maybe I'm over analyzing? But I don't think so. I just don't get how we can go from amazing sex and her wanting me to hold her / cuddle to sleep and being all affectionate not wanting me to leave that morning to not publically acknowledging our relationship. Sh1ts fvcked up bros.....
She's BPD and you're pressuring her to be in an official relationship with you? WHY? And the best way to achieve it would be to just shut up about it. If she puts that status on there, how is she going to make sure guys will hit on her? I mean, they'll know she's not single, they might back off. There's no way she's going to make sure she's getting a replacement with that status.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Posted some stuff which I think helped cause I got to type it out but decided to change my mind and not share it.

Last edited:

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel compelled to vent so don't read if you don't want to.

But just to clarify, the day we broke up she changed her facebook status to single just hours after. We "get back together" like 5 hours after breaking up. I wait until the day after and ask her if she is planning on switching it back to "in a relationship." She just gets all sincere and says she already did and asks if I want to check.(Her phone) I decline. Go home later and see she is now "in a relationsip" BUT her original status update going from "in a relationship" to "single" was deleted(that a couple of her friends commented on) and there wasn't an update going from "single" to "in a relationship"(Which would all be time stamped) So to me it was pretty obvious she changed it right after me asking her about it and deleted the updates so I couldn't see she was lying. And right after this I sent her a request to be in a relationship, which she has still yet to accept.

So, rewind to two days ago. I ask her why she hasn't accepted it yet and her first reason was becasue she didn't see it yet and asked if I wanted to see, I declined again. Kind of wish I wouldn't have to see if she would've actually let me or just reverted back and start the offensive.(She has a blackberry which gives her e-mail updates and a facebook app) I also said it had me worried that she would delete her status updates. She claimed that facebook automatically did it after she changed it back and she thought it was weird.

She then proceeded to trivialze the arguement. Saying things like "So what if I did even ignore it,who cares It's facebook.", "this is like someone getting mad about getting deleted(as a friend).", "I didn't get mad when my cousin didn't accept my family request for like a month.", "I could delete my facebook right now and not even care."(to which I replied, "OK, do it." of course she didn't cause she didn't need to prove anything) etc. I just had to keep re-stating that it wasn't the status of it on facebook that had me worried it was her act of chosing to ignore it, as I couldn't think of anything positive. We went back and forth for a little while w/ her trivializing it and me trying to explain it was the action(or lack there of).

IDK how I sat there and didn't call her out. I agree the facebook status it's self isn't that big of a deal as long as it's depicted accurately. I do think it's(or there is one) a problem if you won't publically display your relationship. I just wish she could be honest(about what she wants) but I know that's just how she is obviously. Because I could dettach myself and just come over to bang or something if that's what she wants. IDK, I guess everything else is pretty irrelevant becasue she has been lying to me / disrespecting. This is also why you say you can't negotiate feelings etc...

Last edited:

pete101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should she want to change it to 'in a relationship'?

I dont see the positives for any hot girl to change her status from single to 'in a relationship' if anything they try to be clever and do the 'looking for friendship and networking' and THAT apparently makes it clear she's in a relationship according to girls.. hahaha.

This way guys will still contact her.

Is the theory behind it that she should want to change her status to 'in a relationship' because she wants everyone to know she is not available and wouldnt' want to risk losing you (not that you should care)?

For attention seeking hot girls I really dont see the reasons for them to want to change it as it'll drop the number of orbiters to flatter them with attention to feed their ego's.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess my problem was she clearly didn't want to by chosing to ignore it. And I made the mistake of trying to negotiate feelings / desires. Which can't be, not by words at least.

She is def an attention whr0r3, lots of pictures up there(typical myspace shots). And def has some orbiters of her own. Some for a while now too.

I have about a 6/10 that has wanted me for a while now, crazy how when you reject someone it makes them go nuts for you. So I'll get an easy lay(s) after my impending doom here.

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joverby said:
I feel compelled to vent so don't read if you don't want to.

But just to clarify, the day we broke up she changed her facebook status to single just hours after. We "get back together" like 5 hours after breaking up. I wait until the day after and ask her if she is planning on switching it back to "in a relationship." She just gets all sincere and says she already did and asks if I want to check.(Her phone) I decline. Go home later and see she is now "in a relationsip" BUT her original status update going from "in a relationship" to "single" was deleted(that a couple of her friends commented on) and there wasn't an update going from "single" to "in a relationship"(Which would all be time stamped) So to me it was pretty obvious she changed it right after me asking her about it and deleted the updates so I couldn't see she was lying. And right after this I sent her a request to be in a relationship, which she has still yet to accept.

So, rewind to two days ago. I ask her why she hasn't accepted it yet and her first reason was becasue she didn't see it yet and asked if I wanted to see, I declined again. Kind of wish I wouldn't have to see if she would've actually let me or just reverted back and start the offensive.(She has a blackberry which gives her e-mail updates and a facebook app) I also said it had me worried that she would delete her status updates. She claimed that facebook automatically did it after she changed it back and she thought it was weird.

She then proceeded to trivialze the arguement. Saying things like "So what if I did even ignore it,who cares It's facebook.", "this is like someone getting mad about getting deleted(as a friend).", "I didn't get mad when my cousin didn't accept my family request for like a month.", "I could delete my facebook right now and not even care."(to which I replied, "OK, do it." of course she didn't cause she didn't need to prove anything) etc. I just had to keep re-stating that it wasn't the status of it on facebook that had me worried it was her act of chosing to ignore it, as I couldn't think of anything positive. We went back and forth for a little while w/ her trivializing it and me trying to explain it was the action(or lack there of).

IDK how I sat there and didn't call her out. I agree the facebook status it's self isn't that big of a deal as long as it's depicted accurately. I do think it's(or there is one) a problem if you won't publically display your relationship. I just wish she could be honest(about what she wants) but I know that's just how she is obviously. Because I could dettach myself and just come over to bang or something if that's what she wants. IDK, I guess everything else is pretty irrelevant becasue she has been lying to me / disrespecting. This is also why you say you can't negotiate feelings etc...

dude your a vagina i swear.

who gives a fvck about relationship status on FB

you 2 know what you guys got together...why do you need to let the world know so bad?

IMO keeping your status single will just let more females talk to you and keep future options open rather then them looking at you in a relationship and not getting at you

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
irocknike23 said:
dude your a vagina i swear.

who gives a fvck about relationship status on FB

you 2 know what you guys got together...why do you need to let the world know so bad?

IMO keeping your status single will just let more females talk to you and keep future options open rather then them looking at you in a relationship and not getting at you
You obviously don't get the reasoning for why I thought it was fvcked up / had a latent problem and obviously have very drastic opinion on how you want your relationship to be. So instead of trying to force me to be you / want what you want out of a relationship you could maybe realize not everyone hast he same ideals as you and offer something more than "I'm way more manly than you."

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Joverby,

I understand why this is important to you. Two things though:

a) This girl is borderline you say. She's no good for you. Yet you're pressuring her to be in an official relationship. What does that say about you?

b) If you want to be in an official relationship with a borderline, if you want her to want it, this is not the way to do it.

Try to relax and think about this on a more rational level. I am in no way having a go at you, I understand you completely. But the way you're behaving and thinking right now isn't going to help your cause.

irocknike23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joverby said:
You obviously don't get the reasoning for why I thought it was fvcked up / had a latent problem and obviously have very drastic opinion on how you want your relationship to be. So instead of trying to force me to be you / want what you want out of a relationship you could maybe realize not everyone hast he same ideals as you and offer something more than "I'm way more manly than you."
and your probably a control freak the type of the dude who checks his girls phone to see who she been calling and texting and always want to know where she is at and what she is doing