Facebook a legalized ponzi scheme

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
Zuck and other principles should make sure to stash a bit of cash for the upcoming lawsuit....they might have a very big payoff to write....this is going to get very interesting

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebook-zuckerberg-banks-sued-over-130237689.html

Its robbery when the banks lose their shirts, its capitalism when main street gets fleeced.

I could have told you that the stock was over priced at 30 dollars. They weren't mislead, they lost money and they are too powerful to 'lose' money.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
They weren't mislead, they lost money and they are too powerful to 'lose' money.
It's not like they stole public funds from our taxes. These morons who bought into this have done so willingly. If they lose their money, too bad, shouldn't have bought Facebook.

On the other hand it's embarrassing that these trading accounts get any kind of federal insurance (for bailouts). **** that. If you want to invest and trade garbage, do so at completely your own risk. You lose the money with bad investments? Too bad, don't go crying to momma public treasury. That's OUR money.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
It's not like they stole public funds from our taxes. These morons who bought into this have done so willingly. If they lose their money, too bad, shouldn't have bought Facebook.

On the other hand it's embarrassing that these trading accounts get any kind of federal insurance (for bailouts). **** that. If you want to invest and trade garbage, do so at completely your own risk. You lose the money with bad investments? Too bad, don't go crying to momma public treasury. That's OUR money.
I am certainly no fan of the self righteousness of the modern institutional investor (privatize gain socialize losses etc) but there is some significant fraud at work here.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...ebook-revenue-estimates-middle-133648905.html

SELECTIVE DISSEMINATION is a massive no no and with good cause.

Facebook's underwriters and the Zuck pretty much cherry picked who they would give information to during the investor roadshow and that is a huge mistake and show of incredible arrogance.

expect serious carnage

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
banks rule the world...they steal millions from the public using unbacked fiat currency and do it with a smile...because we are effectively their servants

..but if a bank makes a mistake with their false paper

..and a regular guy profits from it, watch out!

"Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you king"

- Bob Dylan.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/philade...s-in-felony-charges-for-one-man-29429416.html

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks like Zuckerfvck cashed out a cool billion+ BEFORE the stock nosedived...this is how it works folks...a ponzi scheme like I said.

since it was his own people who gave the revised earnings report this move is highly suspect and illegal...now whether the SEC does anything about it :)

expect facebook stock to be 10 bucks in 3 months

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/busines...ore-stock-plunge/story-fn7j19iv-1226366463205

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say it goes to $7, where it should have started at. Today, I make bank on my picks. You have to study real hard to win in the stock market. I sacrificed a lot of my Memorial Day weekend, minus getting laid, to study up hardcore on the Macro sentiment and the single stock risks I was going pick come this morning. While it is a guess, you can at least make an educated guess. It helps to have like-minded friends who invest to bounce ideas, tweets, texts off each other while you are working your REAL job.

After losing so much, I'm finally building my account back up again.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Facebook is the new Myspace, and we all know how that ended.
Whats a myspace?

- comic_relief

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
so where is the Zuck?
I believe Zuck is on his honeymoon and the companies CFO should suffice until he returns.

-comic_relief

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
Facebook is not a ponzi scheme. It was just overvalued. As for Zuckerberg, his business acumen, or at least that of his chief advisor Morgan Stanley, is fantastic. They literally received the highest price which the market was willing to pay for his shares and he still kept majority voting rights.
facebook is a ponzi scheme and it gets clearer by the day..or call it a pump and dump if you like :)

the zuck better save some of the billion+ he cashed out for the impending lawsuits.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/23/technology/facebook-lawsuit/

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
The worst thing that could happen to the share price after an IPO, from the former shareholders's perspective, is for the shares to increase in price significantly. That represents lost value to the previous owners.
If it's an initial offering, there are no previous owners of the shares.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
The worst thing that could happen to the share price after an IPO, from the former shareholders's perspective, is for the shares to increase in price significantly. That represents lost value to the previous owners.
It's this statement with which I am still disagreeing. Those "previous shareholders" still own a lot of the FB shares, because the number of shares increased exponentially when they did the IPO. They don't get to dump everything on the public and run away...just a lot of it. The issuing brokers also still have a ton of shares in inventory, as well as placed with thousands of their clients. It's not good for anybody that the share price keeps plummeting.

(edit) - FB is down another buck today, closing under $26.

Last edited:

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
It's this statement with which I am still disagreeing. Those "previous shareholders" still own a lot of the FB shares, because the number of shares increased exponentially when they did the IPO. They don't get to dump everything on the public and run away...just a lot of it. The issuing brokers also still have a ton of shares in inventory, as well as placed with thousands of their clients. It's not good for anybody that the share price keeps plummeting.
(edit) - FB is down another buck today, closing under $26.
Not sure if you understand what a ponzi scheme is.

For your info, a ponzi requires deceit from a company making fradualent promises on returns.

Facebook didn't promise you **** except proving that they have made 1 billion a year and can keep that up. It will be your stupid ass fault to pay 100 times what they earn in a year. And the investors were the ones clamoring for more facebook shares, willing to pay more for it. If anything the institutions who pushed the shares were evil and guilty, but facebook certainly didn't make any promises

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FB is actually showing some strength lately. It's around 31 right now. Resistance is at the 33-34 level. I would buy on the first pullback after breaking 34. That's a short-term trade on technicals alone, not a buy and hold forever investment.